drone hating taken to a new low

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they chunk rocks, drop tear gas on they [Language Removed by Moderator].
Attack mode it is!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Karlos-Kydd
Fact: Dogs have much better hearing and are much more sensitive to high frequencies than people.

Observation: Any dog I have ever flown around has a very averse reaction to the noise made by drones.

Conclusion: Find somewhere besides a doggie park to fly a drone!

Reactions: Bad Andy and MOBLUE
I fly my Phantom 4 very responsibly, taking off and landing from a disused carpark and flying over a giant solar panel field and agricultural land, the disused carpark has houses on one side and one of the people living in one of these houses has told neighbours that someone is spying on them with a drone. It's my drone they are talking about and didn't really think anymore about it till they took to facebook, to our villages page and posted a rather vindictive post.:
How do people in the village feel about drones being flown over their gardens?
filming,your children, property,vehicles, sheds bike,s Do you mind someone doing this?
It starts out ok I guess with a reasonable question then sows the seed in peoples minds that I am, and all drone owners are in fact, burgling paedophiles. It's nonesense like this that causes untold problems occasionally ending in violence especially when some people decide they're the experts as one person who replied obviously does:

It's an invasion of privacy laws, No It's not

Taking photographs or video in a public place is allowed by law, This was challenged in parliament last year under Freedom of Photography act. . Firstly you can't challenge laws in Parliament, you can only challenge them in court and secondly what is the Freedom of Photography act? I've never heard of it and neither has Google, Did he just make it up?

Photographs of people on private property or photography of their private property is against the law No it's not, you can photograph anything you want from a public place. In law the airspace above your house is a public place.

People at work during the day do not realise their private property is being scrutinised by these drones, Seriously?Who exactly is scrutinising their property?

Anyone seeing them over their property should report it to the police.
I'm sure they'll be straight round

Anyone else had this kind of open hostility (In the UK)?

I was shooting a POI of a commercial property when a guy rolled up and said, "If that drone flies over my house one more time, I'm shooting it down." I tried to show him the footage and the flight pattern, which showed the drone's flight path barely nicking the corner of his yard, but certainly not over his house. He wasn't interested. He then threatened to call the police. I said, "Here...lemme save you call." I called 911 right in front of him and said a man is threatening to discharge a firearm within city limits. The guy took off. My GF copied the license plate INCORRECTLY (GRRRRR...). The cop showed up, I explained what I was doing. He agreed I wasn't breaking the law and offered to stick around for the rest of my shooting, which was about 10 minutes.

The good news...

Since I started wearing my unmarked, unlabeled dayglow orange dork vest, nobody bothers me. Human psychology....hilarious how easy we are to manipulate. Put on a dork vest and you become untouchable...LOL...

D

I was shooting a POI of a commercial property when a guy rolled up and said, "If that drone flies over my house one more time, I'm shooting it down." I tried to show him the footage and the flight pattern, which showed the drone's flight path barely nicking the corner of his yard, but certainly not over his house. He wasn't interested. He then threatened to call the police. I said, "Here...lemme save you call." I called 911 right in front of him and said a man is threatening to discharge a firearm within city limits. The guy took off. My GF copied the license plate INCORRECTLY (GRRRRR...). The cop showed up, I explained what I was doing. He agreed I wasn't breaking the law and offered to stick around for the rest of my shooting, which was about 10 minutes.

The good news...

Since I started wearing my unmarked, unlabeled dayglow orange dork vest, nobody bothers me. Human psychology....hilarious how easy we are to manipulate. Put on a dork vest and you become untouchable...LOL...

D
The neon green or orange vest works wonders.

Where's a moderator when you really need one??
giphy-3.gif
Can't be everywhere all the time .
And if it starts back hit that button and someone will put this thread out of it's misery .

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
Fact: Dogs have much better hearing and are much more sensitive to high frequencies than people.

Observation: Any dog I have ever flown around has a very averse reaction to the noise made by drones.

Conclusion: Find somewhere besides a doggie park to fly a drone!

Ummm the last time I checked --- only HUMANS pay taxes to fund doggie parks --- dogs serve no function in society except to bark and leave dog doo on the grass so that maybe I can step in it for a nasty suprise. I certainly have more right to be at a park flying my Phantom than a pooch does.

I seriously have to wonder why some of you even call yourselves "drone hobbyists" when it seems all you wanna do is tuck tail between legs and scurry away when some jerk confronts you about your legal drone use? Please enlighten me as to why you love to take the coward's path in life ??

Very nice response to a JERK --- you stuck your finger in his face and showed him who's boss!

Be careful, though --- we got some "Apologize First" cowards in here who would tell you to say sorry 100 times and tuck your tail between your thighs and run away scared if another jerk confronts you in similar fashion.

Reactions: Slim.Slamma
Y
Ummm the last time I checked --- only HUMANS pay taxes to fund doggie parks --- dogs serve no function in society except to bark and leave dog doo on the grass so that maybe I can step in it for a nasty suprise. I certainly have more right to be at a park flying my Phantom than a pooch does.

I seriously have to wonder why some of you even call yourselves "drone hobbyists" when it seems all you wanna do is tuck tail between legs and scurry away when some jerk confronts you about your legal drone use? Please enlighten me as to why you love to take the coward's path in life ??
You seem to have “scurry away”confused with “not be a jerk”... you can actually win an argument as a gentleman. It’s something of a challenge in itself, but any malodorous fool can just twist off and insult people. It takes some intelligence to take the high road.

Last edited:
OK guys if this don't settle down with all this aggression I am going to settle it for good .
Also for those that would like to just Ignore members it is in their profile . Use it and you will see no post from them
Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 9.49.07 PM.png

You seem to have “scurry away”confused with “not be a jerk”... you can actually win an argument as a gentleman. It’s something of a challenge in itself, but any malodorous fool can just twist off and insult people. It takes some intelligence to take the high road.

Agreed, but too many people in here have the "Apologize first, tuck tail between legs, and scurry away ASAP" knee jerk behaviour. We need to stop being COWARDS.

And what the. ( MOD REMOVED )is up with "dogs are annoyed by drones, so don't fly over dog parks" line of thinking? Since when did dogs have more rights than people at a public park? Like I already mentioned numerous times, I am annoyed by yapping dogs when I'm at a public park so I should be able to tell dog owners to go somewhere else, right? I'm using the same logic here. When does a respected drone pilot like myself have to show deference to dogs and their owners? Explanations, anyone?

Reactions: Slim.Slamma
Agreed, but too many people in here have the "Apologize first, tuck tail between legs, and scurry away ASAP" knee jerk behaviour. We need to stop being COWARDS.

And what the. ( MOD REMOVED )is up with "dogs are annoyed by drones, so don't fly over dog parks" line of thinking? Since when did dogs have more rights than people at a public park? Like I already mentioned numerous times, I am annoyed by yapping dogs when I'm at a public park so I should be able to tell dog owners to go somewhere else, right? I'm using the same logic here. When does a respected drone pilot like myself have to show deference to dogs and their owners? Explanations, anyone?
It’s simply deference to the public’s preferred use for the property. People in cities with dogs need dog parks, thus the public provides dog parks. They also provide RC airplane parks, shooting ranges, fishing holes, baseball fields, and on occasion clothing-optional bathing areas. are you going to buzz a tee-ball baseball game , a sporting clays range, or electronically ogle the goods at a nude beach? Is there a real problem with allowing people their own passion, whatever it may be, without your intrusion? There are plenty of places to fly the drone: is it absolutely necessary to antagonize another citizen’s canine friend just because you can, and you have a personal vendetta against people with dogs? Is it so hard to just be nice to your fellow citizens, and respect THEIR pursuit of happiness? Any possibility you could just see your way clear to share the public resources with other people whose interests don’t coincide with your own, without considering them an “enemy” who must be destroyed?

A simple dose of cordiality, on your part and that evil dog owner, would have made this problem go away. At an extreme, instead of complaining about him on an Internet forum, he may have been buying you a beer thirty minutes later. That happens occasionally when people make a little effort to be nice to each other.

It's very clear that no amount of logic or civility will sway Mr Kydd from his extreme opinion.

Too bad... this could have been an enlightening thread but has devolved to below my interest level. Bye.

It's very clear that no amount of logic or civility will sway Mr Kydd from his extreme opinion.

Too bad... this could have been an enlightening thread but has devolved to below my interest level. Bye.

He'd probably be the one throwing rocks and accosting pilots if he didn't own a drone. I too have had enough of his extreme opinion and apparent lack of basic civility. Moving on..

He'd probably be the one throwing rocks and accosting pilots if he didn't own a drone. I too have had enough of his extreme opinion and apparent lack of basic civility. Moving on..

Agreed, but it’s just hot air.

You don’t have to be very big to hide behind a Keyboard anonymously.

Last edited:

Inspite of @Dwilliams35 best efforts with reason, it's like throwing gas on a raging fire.

Agreed. I'm going outside to get some fresh air. Let me know when the rage is gone. Thnx.

Reactions: umanbean
Guys I am going to quote my post # 36 .
I hate these threads and end up all ways closing them at some point yet they pop up every week and have for years and will end up closing this one before it's over .
Always some aggressive new member spouting off how bad they are behind a keyboard .
Well if this continues in this one guys I will be closing this one also . Post your opinion and move on.
No need in getting argumentative .This horse has been about been beat to death
Well I would try and clean this thread up but that wouldn't look right so sorry .
giphy-1 2.gif

Don't worry another will start and you can have a go with it
But Please Report Stuff Before It Gets To Far Out Of Hand .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z