Downlink Video completely unstable since upgrade

Of course, I have no idea HOW to restore a prior version of the firmware in case I continue to have downlink problems. So far my search has turned up no direct info ... working on it. Anyone who could give me a link for further reading would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
Doesn't it report that the firmware is the same or older than current version and simply abort the installation?

Doesn't it report that the firmware is the same or older than current version and simply abort the installation?
I was wondering the same thing.

Just found this on DJI forum. So does anyone want to try and report.

"abestime21#
2015-09-12 01:49reply
If you had adjusted the video FPV from 6 mb to 2 as recommended, after the update if goes back to the maximum, you got to put it back to a lower mb rate to have have a more consistence FPV signal, that's what happen to me when i upgraded the P3."

It used to do that until 1.3.2. From that point onward, it will accept anything from 1.1.9 and later.

At least that is what I gathered with the 1.3.2 release notes and what the community was saying at the time.

just updated and flown. no problems if i film in 1080p60 but once i switch to 2.7k30 recording, downlink starts to jerk like a *****

It's possible that in adding the additional video mode to the P3A that some components are now having to work harder.

Perhaps some portion of the "lightbridge" tech, possibly whatever is down sampling the 2K to 720p for transmission, is really being pushed to the limit in the P3A.

We know there are hardware differences between the two camera units, and it's possible that DJI has pushed something to its limit in order to enable 2K recording.

Hence why only in this mode are you (and others) seeing performance issues.

Well I just updated and wasn't impressed with the video lag so I'm in the process of going back to 1.3.2.

I could wave my hand 3 times in front of the Phantom Camera before I'd see it on the Ipad screen. Curious after the 132 is back on if that will remain the same or show improvement.

Even just twirling around with the Phantom I could see video drop outs on 1.4. :(

Ok got 132 back on the Phantom and WOW!. What an incredibly noticeable difference in video response time. About as fast as I can put my hand in front of the camera it practically shows up on my ipad screen. 1.4 I could wave my hand 3 or 4 times before it started to show on the ipad.

As great as Home lock and POI would be I would value a better video response time more. Hopefully DJI will resolve this and I'll try again down the road.

Ok got 132 back on the Phantom and WOW!. What an incredibly noticeable difference in video response time. About as fast as I can put my hand in front of the camera it practically shows up on my ipad screen. 1.4 I could wave my hand 3 or 4 times before it started to show on the ipad.

As great as Home lock and POI would be I would value a better video response time more. Hopefully DJI will resolve this and I'll try again down the road.
I think that would be my first choice also. Clear skies and great flights ! Cheers.

Did you do anything with the GO App? I don't see an option for going backward on the app.

Did you do anything with the GO App? I don't see an option for going backward on the app.

It's hard to pin point it to the upgrade.. I have no issues what so ever with lag after the upgrade. You think it would effect all phantoms.

It's hard to pin point it to the upgrade.. I have no issues what so ever with lag after the upgrade. You think it would effect all phantoms.

You would think. of all the reported minor issues that effected some people on past firmware upgrades i.e. VPS, stability, etc. . This is the first time I can say this one definitely effected mine.

I think that would be my first choice also. Clear skies and great flights ! Cheers.
I also agree. I was only interested in the 2.7K anyway, and if that is what is cratering the FPV video feed, I see no reason to update at all. I'm a bit disappointed for sure.

Last edited:
You would think. of all the reported minor issues that effected some people on past firmware upgrades i.e. VPS, stability, etc. . This is the first time I can say this one definitely effected mine.

This one seems to be pretty widely reported.

I'm filming in 4K with the P3P and had ZERO issues before the upgrade. Taking it on a trip tomorrow - did the channel hack and set it to Ch 32 and lowered the FPV rate to 4 from 6 (mine won't go to 2). First test will either be tomorrow morning (if I can fit it in) or at my first stop after a flight to Bismarck, ND.

My Ipad Mini 2 really seemed like it was just being pushed way beyond it's capabilities. I never thought to switch to 1080p mode. It must default to the 27k after the firmware update.

I once had an old original Nexus7. This was several firmwares back but I was just curious what the Android version was like and although it worked. It exhibited the same lag that my Ipad 2 mini is doing now on the 1.4 fw. I attributed the lag of my old nexus 7 to a lack of CPU / Graphics hardware.

maybe this is why some with Ipad Air's aren't having any lag. ??

maybe this is why some with Ipad Air's aren't having any lag. ??

I'm not so sure. I only shoot in 4K and I use an ipad mini. I NEVER had a problem before the update. This problem is being reported by a lot of people, so I think there must be something to it. If the fixes I mentioned earlier don't remedy it, I will switch back to the prior firmware. I'd rather lose the new mods than to have to deal with intermittent and unpredictable downlink quality.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT