Downlink Video completely unstable since upgrade

Yes. No one has found a fix yet. Everyone seemed to have tried this and that but no real solution. Maybe dji will come out with a fix.

You may try to record in 1080p instead of 2.7k and try that. That seemed to be the best fix yet

Lol I havent updated from 1.1.9 yet, still 2 minded

No joy!!! Installed 32 channel hack set to channel 32. Still have severe video dropout. Going to continue looking for the answer. Not a lot a DJI suggestions over on the DJI forums. They seem to be limited to suggesting new cables. Something is weird here.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
No joy!!! Installed 32 channel hack set to channel 32. Still have severe video dropout. Going to continue looking for the answer. Not a lot a DJI suggestions over on the DJI forums. They seem to be limited to suggesting new cables. Something is weird here.
Crap.

I'm in Manila without my P3. I hope this video drop out issue is solved before I get back to the U.S. I'm not super interested in the new flight features, but I did want 2.7K video so I was planning to update just for that. Now my FW update plans have changed for the time being.

Last edited:
I havent tested going back to 1080p yet but theres no reason to upgrade if you cant run 2.7k.

Mine was severe as well. But I'm afraid the only real option is to create a nice detailed thread on the appropriate DJI forum. And if no others like you or me also join in with the same problem, then that should tell us this problem is more isolated to our setup. Like something with the R/C, ect? I do have a error message that show up when the controller is 1st started and eventually goes away. But that problem has no effect on the older app version I have loaded now, so I'm unsure.

I have started a thread about this issue on DJI's proprietary forum. Please sign in and leave detailed comments on this issue if you have similar problems.

Remember that on DJI's forum you may not post negative comments about the company.

If we have any hope of getting a good resolution to this issue, PLEASE keep it classy over there. Thanks

Here is the link
DJI Forum|Downlink Video is severely unstable after upgrade to Sept 7,2015 firmware

Lol I havent updated from 1.1.9 yet, still 2 minded
While you're deciding, you might consider updating to 1.3.20. That firmware appears to be quite stable. 1.3.20 is not just P3 firmware. It contains the latest Remote Controller firmware update. If you upgrade directly to 1.4.10, you'll probably need to download 1.3.20 anyway to get the RC update. A number of folks who skipped 1.3.20 were having trouble with this today.

Then there's the battery firmware update in 1.3.20. You have to update the P3 to that level and cycle your batteries through in order to get those to happen. You may never get those updates if you skip 1.3.20. I don't know this for a fact, but there is no evidence I've seen that the battery updates are in the .bin file for 1.4.10.

Me -- I'm staying at 1.3.20 until the things being discussed in this thread and elsewhere are resolved. I fly mostly over water, sometimes a mile or more offshore and sometimes over wetlands where I'm trying to get as low as I can with trees around. I don't want to deal with the increased chance of "video dropouts". I don't really care about the extra flight modes except I'd like Home Lock.

Reactions: D4T_PoM
While you're deciding, you might consider updating to 1.3.20. That firmware appears to be quite stable. 1.3.20 is not just P3 firmware. It contains the latest Remote Controller firmware update. If you upgrade directly to 1.4.10, you'll probably need to download 1.3.20 anyway to get the RC update. A number of folks who skipped 1.3.20 were having trouble with this today.

Then there's the battery firmware update in 1.3.20. You have to update the P3 to that level and cycle your batteries through in order to get those to happen. You may never get those updates if you skip 1.3.20. I don't know this for a fact, but there is no evidence I've seen that the battery updates are in the .bin file for 1.4.10.

Me -- I'm staying at 1.3.20 until the things being discussed in this thread and elsewhere are resolved. I fly mostly over water, sometimes a mile or more offshore and sometimes over wetlands where I'm trying to get as low as I can with trees around. I don't want to deal with the increased chance of "video dropouts". I don't really care about the extra flight modes except I'd like Home Lock.

I agree with you, the only reason I'm not upgrading is because 1.1.9 is good for me.

I have had a lot of flights and it has not let me down so far.

I'm confused as some are saying you can update straight from 1.1.9 to 1.4 and only update the RC to 1.3.2 and some are saying what you are saying, to update to 1.3.2 and cycle through all 4 batteries and then do the 1.4 upgrade.

Reading through the forum I can see the 1.4 firmware having issues with video downlink for iOS users, I went and bought and iPad Mini 2 wifi+cell because of the fact that the DJI GO app on my Note 4 kept bugging out towards the end of a flight and had slight lags, now it seems like the tables have turned and iOS users are having downlink issues.

I currently fly my P3 with 1.1.9 firmware and DJI GO app version prior to the new one that came out on 7th September, it flies like a charm and have no issues.

From your recommendation you would advise for me to update to 1.3.2 (P3, controller and all 4 batteries) and then if I want I should upgrade to 1.4?

Itunes is so frustrating. It won't' show me a list of my Apps. Just a representation of my home sceen so I can't select the DJI APP.

30cbt4x.png
hey buddy you just need to scroll down on the side bars on the right hand side. It happened to me until i realised I was at the top of the page and there is more of the page at the bottom. Don't blame the maker blame the user :) joking buddy.... :)

Oh forgot to add
I have started a thread about this issue on DJI's proprietary forum. Please sign in and leave detailed comments on this issue if you have similar problems.

Remember that on DJI's forum you may not post negative comments about the company.

If we have any hope of getting a good resolution to this issue, PLEASE keep it classy over there. Thanks

Here is the link
DJI Forum|Downlink Video is severely unstable after upgrade to Sept 7,2015 firmware

Just added my experiences on there, here is hoping enough people do the same so that one of the DJI reps pick up on it.

Reactions: Jeff48920
Jeff, Have you gone back to 1.3.2 FW yet? Would be a good test to see if it resolves your issue. If it does then how can anyone at DJI ignore that fact. However if the issue remains then I would consider its likely the latest DJI GO app(IOS) Unless there's a way to go back to the previous version.

Reactions: Dadcat
When recording in 2.7K 30 fps the video feed is jerky.
Going back to 1080P 60fps is fine.

Also other issue I had is the VPS was showing randomly under 3m height when i was 200 m above home point, probably 100 m or more above the ground.

No problems with range I had 1.5km and plenty of signal strength.

iphone 6plus, no hardware acceleration.
samsung 32gb eve micro sd card.
Class 10 Micro SDHC up to 48MB/s

No multi channel hack

So the jerky FPV video is only visible on iOS when recording in 2.7k and not in 1080p am I correct?

So the jerky FPV video is only visible on iOS when recording in 2.7k and not in 1080p am I correct?
I use a Note 4 and my fpv is jerky when recording in 2.7k. If I change to 1080p, the jerkiness goes away. Seems the new resolution is straining the fpv down feed.

I deleted the Go App from the phone, did a cold reboot and then reinstalled without the More Channel Hack. Because it is raining cats and dogs here and my wife has an aversion to flying models in the house [emoji136] (Actually I am not even allowed to bring bikini models into our house). Had to bench test and found continuing seriously compromised video downlink. Disconnected the cable, leaving the bird and controller operating. I shut down the App on the iPhone 6 then reconnected the cable. Restarted the app and had no video problems. I even went from room to room in the house with walls between the phantom and the controller and no video problems at all. 10 minutes of static test without a single flicker. Something is just plain weird.

Jeff, what is the exact order you bring everything up for flight?

For the P3P I have always:
1. Connected the cable from theTX to the Device
2. Turned on the device, put device in airplane mode with wifi off, exited all apps.
3. Turned on the TX
4. Hit "Trust this computer" when it appeared on the device
5. Opened the Go app
6. Turned on the Phantom
7. Then "Entered Camera View"

For the P3P I have always:
1. Connected the cable from theTX to the Device
2. Turned on the device, put device in airplane mode with wifi off, exited all apps.
3. Turned on the TX
4. Hit "Trust this computer" when it appeared on the device
5. Opened the Go app
6. Turned on the Phantom
7. Then "Entered Camera View"

Try this for the heck of it.

1. Connect Cable to Device
2. Close all running apps on your Device and set to Airplane mode
3. Power up the RC only
4. Power up the Phantom and give it a moment to connect to the RC.
5. Open the DJI Go App and enter Camera View.

Of course hit Trust this computer if prompted along the way.

hi guys.
updated to the new firmware and this how i receive video... i was testing poi at 50 meters of the phantom :(

i have tried all the above methods, any other suggestion?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20