Downlink Video completely unstable since upgrade

P3A I always shoot 1080p 60fps before and have after the latest firmware update. I have the video lag so don't think it's a 2.7k thing. I don't know what my Mbps is set to I have never messed with it so if it's sets the same as it was before the firmware update then that has remained constant as well.

The problem is in the app, not your hardware. Why some device have the issues and others don't is a mystery at this stage. But when you see both formats (android & iso) both sharing the same problem, it should be easy to figure out. I did receive a little response back from my Beta Peers in China. They have to translate what you say so their responses are extremely minimal. After explaining in great detail this issue as in a group involvement, I was thanked. And then asked which mobile device I use. Now, I predict the next response I will get, will be something telling me that they're looking into it and hope to have it resolved soon.

The thing is, the Chinese hired a hand full of associate to work directly with people with in each associates general region. The rely on these people a great deal to help support those that are in need. The talks I have had with let's say someone in the office in China explained that nothing is really in place to follow up with someones performance outside of China. It was said that it takes someone to go the sources boss and fill them in, but when you don't know who the bosses are or how to reach them you're unable to get whatever it is fixed. So...... At any rate, when there is large groups that are having a major issue, there needs to be someone intercepting these issues and making sure they are getting to the correct parties. Then instead of unnecessary secrecy, let us know what is going on. Don't allow people to be in the dark with what's taking place.

Reactions: Jeff48920
I just took a look over at InspirePilots.com and it appears there are some post update video downlink issues over there also.

Ok got 132 back on the Phantom and WOW!. What an incredibly noticeable difference in video response time. About as fast as I can put my hand in front of the camera it practically shows up on my ipad screen. 1.4 I could wave my hand 3 or 4 times before it started to show on the ipad.

As great as Home lock and POI would be I would value a better video response time more. Hopefully DJI will resolve this and I'll try again down the road.

So did you roll back to 1.3 from 1.4, anything to report on that front. I know the controller firmware is the same so did you just put the memory card in with 1.3 on it and it rolled back to that. Oh and does it prompt you again in aircraft status that a firmware update is required.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
Real smooth video feed for the first time on my note 4 both in 2k and 1080 60p without disabling anything and with latest gplay services update.

So did you roll back to 1.3 from 1.4, anything to report on that front. I know the controller firmware is the same so did you just put the memory card in with 1.3 on it and it rolled back to that. Oh and does it prompt you again in aircraft status that a firmware update is required.

Yeah just popped the SD memory card back in with 1.3.2 and powered up the phantom. It took about as long as the 1.4 did to install.

Under Overall Summary the DJI App reports a Firware update is required and also mentions a Camera FW update is required.

Flies just like it did on 1.3.2 and the video lag is completely gone

Also I don't know if this was like that before but my FW shows installed 1.3.20+

Don't recall if the PLUS was there before.

At least 50% of the post upgrade flight time with no video (No Signal in Red on app)

iOS 8.3 on iPhone 6 with 2.6 GB available

1. Upgraded the Go app only after deleting previous version
2. No other apps active
3. Airplane mode on
4. Channel 19 or 20 tried in auto and in custom mode No indication (other than lack of video) of limited video signal strength. (Full bars).
5. Tried 2 new cables (apple compliant)
6. Tried new micro sd card
7. Doesn't matter if close or far the video is intermittent. More off than on.
8. All other telemetry is stable and accurate in app (radar, Dist, height etc).

Had no issues prior to upgrading from pilot app to first Go version. Got that sorted with a new cable now this. Any ideas?
I’m getting the same issue. Another glitch they will have to fix.

I’m getting the same issue. Another glitch they will have to fix.
Have you tried using the following start up procedure?

It helps me a little.

1. Go into airplane mode in your device and exit Wi-fi mode( yes we know you shouldn't have to do this but it may help )
2. Close all apps on your device (if using android you need to kill the background apps with something like ATK, if iOS swipe the apps away).
3. Connect your device to your Controller.
4. Turn on the controller and click "Trust this computer?" When prompted.
5. Turn on aircraft and WAIT until the gimbal initializes and beeps. Then wait another 10 seconds at least.
6. Only AFTER all the above steps have been completed should you open the GO app and enter the "Camera View".

Others have suggested slowing down the FPV bitrate from 6 to 2 MB.

Still others suggest applying the "More Channels Hack".

All these and more have been suggested elsewhere in this thread.

Good luck

Last edited:
iPad 2 mini, upgraded firmware had no downlink issue. Yesterday I had to update a battery and I accidentally down graded the firmware on the phantom. Once I updated the firmware again to the phantom the downlink is horrible.. DJI NEEDS to fix this problem. 32 channel hack installed also.

Yeah just popped the SD memory card back in with 1.3.2 and powered up the phantom. It took about as long as the 1.4 did to install.

Under Overall Summary the DJI App reports a Firware update is required and also mentions a Camera FW update is required.

Flies just like it did on 1.3.2 and the video lag is completely gone

Also I don't know if this was like that before but my FW shows installed 1.3.20+

Don't recall if the PLUS was there before.

I had to upgrade again last night.. I did not see a +. I'll check again soon. Hopefully there is a solution to this problem ASAP!

Have you tried using the following start up procedure?

It helps me a little.

1. Go into airplane mode in your device and exit Wi-fi mode( yes we know you shouldn't have to do this but it may help )
2. Close all apps on your device (if using android you need to kill the background apps with something like ATK, if iOS swipe the apps away).
3. Connect your device to your Controller.
4. Turn on the controller and click "Trust this computer?" When prompted.
5. Turn on aircraft and WAIT until the gimbal initializes and beeps. Then wait another 10 seconds at least.
6. Only AFTER all the above steps have been completed should you open the GO app and enter the "Camera View".

Others have suggested slowing down the FPV bitrate from 6 to 2 MB.

Still others suggest applying the "More Channels Hack".

All these and more have been suggested elsewhere in this thread.

Good luck

I went from 6 to 2 and it got worse for me.. I'm going to head out soon and do a little more testing once this rain holds off.

iPad 2 mini, upgraded firmware had no downlink issue. Yesterday I had to update a battery and I accidentally down graded the firmware on the phantom. Once I updated the firmware again to the phantom the downlink is horrible.. DJI NEEDS to fix this problem. 32 channel hack installed also.
Brian
Since you can download back to 3 see what the downlink video looks like with that FW on The bird. I've heard that 3 is compatible with the new app version so there is no need to role back the app. If the downlink is better then we have narrowed the glitch to the bird firmware and it could have nothing to do with the app, the battery firmware or the RC firmware.

Brian
Since you can download back to 3 see what the downlink video looks like with that FW on The bird. I've heard that 3 is compatible with the new app version so there is no need to role back the app. If the downlink is better then we have narrowed the glitch to the bird firmware and it could have nothing to do with the app, the battery firmware or the RC firmware.

Completely agree.. The firmware is causing the bad downlink to the bird. I am now back to the current firmware and am going to tinker with the setting. Right now it makes a good paper weight with no downlink.

How do you guys stick to old FW without the APP making you crazy and limit your bird?>
If the downlink isn't working on your bird, and you can get it back by downgrading firmware, which would you rather have, video downlink, or a bunch of cool features you can't use because they rely on video downlink.

If the downlink isn't working on your bird, and you can get it back by downgrading firmware, which would you rather have, video downlink, or a bunch of cool features you can't use because they rely on video downlink.
Agree ... nothing like smooth, clean FPV. The new features are nice, but in the fpv context perhaps they are not quite ready for prime time.

Did the beta testers let this one "slide", or do they have limited influence on the ongoing development at the time?

Agree ... nothing like smooth, clean FPV. The new features are nice, but in the fpv context perhaps they are not quite ready for prime time.

Did the beta testers let this one "slide", or do they have limited influence on the ongoing development at the time?
It's my understanding that although this problem is extensive and occurs across platforms (iOS and Android) it is not universal. The worst part is that the beta testers found no such issues on their final beta version BUT DJI changed some parameters between final sign off and release date.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT