Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Downgrading firmware

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Sinisalo, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Sinisalo

I know I can downgrade from 1.6 to 1.5, but if I had a copy of 1.4 firmware would I be able to downgrade from 1.5 to 1.4 and finally 1.3? I have no intention of doing this but was just curious if anyone had done this before. Is that why DJI took 1.4 off their website?

2. Shaiful Rizhuan

You won't be able to go to 1.4 if you ever reached 1.6

3. msinger

Approved Vendor

You can only downgrade one version. There is no way to go back multiple versions.

Their firmware selection is quite odd. They offer 1.5 -- and, nobody should be using that version. If needed, I have all of the BINs linked here.

4. Sinisalo

Thanks for posting those links, just a friendly fyi your link on the P3P firmware for 1.3 downloads the advanced version of the firmware instead. I know that one is still available to download directly from DJI but just wanted to give you a heads up.

5. msinger

Approved Vendor

Fixed. Thanks!

6. Gary M

I got my P3S a week ago and everything was fine until I downloaded the latest firmware. Now I can't get a live camera feed for FPV. I have heard tons of people saying that they have had the same issue since latest firmware update. I'm going to downgrade to the previous version and see if that's a fix. I went to your page that you linked to above and found the firmware files. I'm assuming 1.6 is the very latest and 1.5 is what I want to go back to?

7. Monster

I have exact same problem, I am looking for the solution as well. trying to contact dji representative. what they said are looking for local dealer helping.

8. Gary M

Have you tried the Litchi app? My issue seemed to get some better with that. But still most of the time I start up I have no signal. I just shut everything down,,,drone, remote and app, then start up again. Sometimes it takes a few tries but I'll get signal eventually. And sometimes it just comes right up on first try. The new firmware is up now and I'm afraid to upgrade. Who knows what'll quit working then.

9. Rasit

Please explain why I should not be using 1.5. I was reluctant to go up to 1.6 because of all the complaints when it first came out, knowing I could go back to 1.4 if I had to. Now I'm sitting at 1.5 with no problems. Up, down or hold?

10. Oso

Oso

11. Monster

OH, man. I can't believe I just fix my problem. Finally, I am able to upgrade my RC. It's same everything working right now. Without your answer, I can't do it. Thanks a lots.

#11 Monster, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016