Down loading assist software

Reaction score
Hello all! I have a few questons as what I should download on thr "DJI" webpage download page.I notice it has "Phantom 2 vision+Assistant software v3.2", and "Phantom2 vision + Assistant software v3.0", do I need to download both, or just the v3.2 software?, also do I need to download the "dji WIN Driver Installer", and which should I install first?, whew!! Hope these questions are not to confusing! As I am.... Thanks all for your time and help.I am trying to go about this hobby the right way as to oppose to just jumping into it.I have read the manual and continue to do so until my ariel craft arrives.Again thank you.
TW :D

Lol these are not confusing questions. If u use a pc, download the driver and install it first. With a mac no driver needed. Download assistant 3.2, install it, and upgrade to 3.06 firmware. Also download the RC assistant and cal your TX in it first, and then in the 3.2 assistant.

Black tracer, thank you!, I didn't see any 3.06 firmware download or RC assist software dowload.This is why it is confusing.

If it's any consolation the Mac 3.2 software update came a few days after the windows update, so everyone was talking about the new firmware update while Mac users had to wait a while to get the benefits.
I'm assuming there's some compatibility issues if they're keeping the older software available.

TomWolves said:
Black tracer, thank you!, I didn't see any 3.06 firmware download or RC assist software dowload.This is why it is confusing.
The 3.06 firmware is installed on your phantom from within the PC assistant. You don't download it from the website separately. The RC assistant should be on the same page where you found the PC assistant.

So you install the driver. Install the PC assistant and the RC assistant. Connect your TX to your pc via usb. Start the RC assistant. Turn on your TX. Calibrate the sticks. Turn off your tx. Exit the RC assistant. Connect the usb to the port behind the cover on your phantom. Start the PC assistant. Power on your phantom with gimbal clamp and props removed. Update to 3.06. Restart your phantom. Do an advanced IMU cal. Turn on your TX. Cal your sticks. You are done for now. Cal your compass out in the open somewhere in a grassy area away from metal. Have fun flying. Low and slow at first. Learn learn learn. :)

Blacktracer, I didn't see RC Assistant on the dji webpage, however I could have missed seeing it.

Wow!! Oh okay I see that, but what through me through the loop it didn't say "Phantom2 vision+ RC Assistant software", it says "phantom RC Assistant", I thought there was a plain old phantom quad, and that is what that was for.Thank you for all your help BlackTracer, I appreciate your help!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl