Cant connect controller to calibrate? Any Ideas?

Reaction score
This is my first Phantom and I am excited to fly it but I cant calibrate the controller. It does not show up in the RC assistant or the Phantom Vision+ 2 assistant either and I cant figure out why? When I try and download the dji WIN driver installer it wont let me install? I am trying to install it directly from the dji site and it says its corrupt or invalid? My computer is running windows 7.

I turn on the Phantom V2+ assistant then I go to basic and click RC. I turn on the controller and click basic then click RC. When I click start and move the sticks nothing happens? Do I need to turn on the wifi repeater also or just the controller connected with the usb cord? Please help?

Thank you
Dave

Last edited:
So I have been messing with it and got it to calibrate using the dji rc system assistant. Is that all I need to do?

So I have been messing with it and got it to calibrate using the dji rc system assistant. Is that all I need to do?
So now you.can calibrate using the assistant 2 software?

Yes, that's it. Unless you're using the GoPro version of the P2, HD 3 or 4.
You do have a P2V+?

Yes I have the P2V+
Go out and do a test flight. Just be sure to do pre flight inspection and warm up. Wait till you lock on to 8 sats or more befor take off! All switches up on the RC for GPS.

Im going to give it a try this weekend. I really appreciate your help and I will post an update after my first flight. Blue Bird I see you are in Dade City. I live in Tampa and I will be flying it at my kids home in Wesley Chapel for the first flight. Small World! Update sometime Sunday hopefully. Thanks Again

Im going to give it a try this weekend. I really appreciate your help and I will post an update after my first flight. Blue Bird I see you are in Dade City. I live in Tampa and I will be flying it at my kids home in Wesley Chapel for the first flight. Small World! Update sometime Sunday hopefully. Thanks Again
Ok, well good luck on your venture. I am sure you will be fine. One thing to always remember is to recalibrate the compass at new locations. I am sure you understand this. You can You Tube this on what we call the DJI Dance. On compass calibrations. Happy Flying!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl