Hard Core Reset For P2V+ Question. Loss Of Gimbal Control.

Drone Master

DJI Tech And Advisor
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Hey Fellow Pilots, I have been a pilot flying and repairing Phantoms and Inspires for a long time now, But ran across a issue after re flashing the firmware of a Phantom 2 Vision Plus. After the hard reset, The AC powers on fine and the camera sets up ready for input from the DJI Vision App. However when I tilt the camera in the app, It stays straight down and wont respond to the DJI Vision in the app after that. Total loss of control of the gimbal. All other functions work correctly except this issue. I have tried to find a fix but to no avail. The Assistant software for the P2 after re flash says the gimbal is currant version. Does any one possibly have a solution to this?
Thanks in advance for your response.,, Blue Bird........

Last edited:
try this:

calibration.jpg

Thanks, however the RC that I have here is with out the gimbal lever on the back. This P2V+ only uses the app for gimbal tilt.
Yes, I did follow that procedure and now have lost control of the RC to AC. Do I have to re bind them after this procedure? Whoops! This reply was directed to sdtag.

duplicate post to dji forum.... i wll ask here too then:

when you 'tilt it down' it gets stuck. what happens if you tilt it only 10% down? 20% down?

how do you do a 'hard reset' to pv2+?

what does abbreviation 'AC' mean?

What firmware you reflashing it with? Each Phantom Assist carries its own firmware.

Does the tilt happen when you turn on the phantom with the remote off? Then when you power on the remote, does it start tilting? If it does, the potentiometer on the rear slider could be shorting out or giving it bad values. Plug into RC12 or Phantom assist and check if it remains on 0.

Also, try setting the vision app to use the GYRO mode. This will use the phones gyro to tilt.

duplicate post to dji forum.... i wll ask here too then:

when you 'tilt it down' it gets stuck. what happens if you tilt it only 10% down? 20% down?

how do you do a 'hard reset' to pv2+?

what does abbreviation 'AC' mean?
Thanks for replying.
What's strange about the gimbal tilt is if you press to tilt down, nothing happens. When you press to go up, It go's straight down and locks. No more response.. Really strange to see this. It's what makes me think that it is a firmware glitch. The gimbal was working fine before the hard reset of the main flight controller. It should have not effected the gimbal, but apparently it has.
AC is short for Aircraft and MC means Main Controller. On how to hard reset, Just you tube it.

What firmware you reflashing it with? Each Phantom Assist carries its own firmware.

Does the tilt happen when you turn on the phantom with the remote off? Then when you power on the remote, does it start tilting? If it does, the potentiometer on the rear slider could be shorting out or giving it bad values. Plug into RC12 or Phantom assist and check if it remains on 0.

Also, try setting the vision app to use the GYRO mode. This will use the phones gyro to tilt.
Yes to your first statement. I checked for all these parameters using all 3 assistant software applications. v3.2 v3.6 v3.8. I have checked trying to use Gyro, but that doesn't work as well.
I really don't believe it's a actual gimbal malfunction. It must be a firmware glitch. The gimbal tilt was fine before the hard reset.

Yes to your first statement. I checked for all these parameters using all 3 assistant software applications. v3.2 v3.6 v3.8. I have checked trying to use Gyro, but that doesn't work as well.
I really don't believe it's a actual gimbal malfunction. It must be a firmware glitch. The gimbal tilt was fine before the hard reset.
Try a few things...
Try selecting basic mode or vice versa.
Try and install the DJI app on another device. If you have IOS, try android. It does sound software related.

Can you post what firmware tab. I just want see what firmware is on your main board, gimbal, camera etc.

Reactions: Drone Master
Try a few things...
Try and install the DJI app on another device. If you have IOS, try android. It does sound software related.

Can you post what firmware tab. I just want see what firmware is on your main board, gimbal, camera etc.
Here.

Attachments

• statusP2V+a.jpg
    statusP2V+a.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 378
Try a few things...

Thanks Mako79! When you said Basic mode, That made me think about the last firmware upgrade that the client had performed. The Phantom was in the Phantom format only and not in the Naza mode. I converted to Naza and bingo, there it was. The transmitter was set to the new updated transmitter. Obviously, This was automatic when the firmware was updated. Nasty of DJI to not tell people about this.This would also explain why the Phantom was flying erratically as well as the calibrations are also different in the newer remote. I placed back in basic transmitter mode and re calibrated everything. Now it fly's as expected and gimbal works flawlessly.
Thanks again!,,, Blue Bird...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic