Done, Good Bye, Hasta La Vista

Reaction score
Two separate remotes, both with and with out Argtek mod. Both with and without windsurfer, total clear open desert, not a house for miles. updates, down grades, multiple firm wares. and i top out at 2000 feet. all connections have been checked and rechecked. im at my wits end. had I read these complaints prior, i would NOT have purchased this. today i was able to achieve 2300 feet at before rth engaged. i changed batteries and got just over 500 feet before RTH. anyone want this thing let me know. comes with two batteries and extra props. im in AZ

Last edited by a moderator:
a lot of rocks have high iron content could be the reason I lived in phx for 35 years so I know a lot about the desert

go fly it over a lake and see what you get lake pleasant maybe if your close to that

I got up to 3300 feet today then my iPad app crashed and RTH kicked in, I was flying up a hill. I did the DBS mod on it today love it !! You can try different antenna config...

this P3S can kiss my ***. Two separate remotes, both with and with out Argtek mod. Both with and without windsurfer, total clear open desert, not a house for miles. updates, down grades, multiple firm wares. and i top out at 2000 feet. all connections have been checked and rechecked. im at my wits end. had I read these complaints prior, i would NOT have purchased this pile of ****. today i was able to achieve 2300 feet at before rth engaged. i changed batteries and got just over 500 feet before RTH. anyone want this thing let me know. comes with two batteries and extra props. im in AZ
Hate you having problems and hate you hadn't read all that have had them. I haven't had any with my standard or my 4K .
Also hate you didn't read the guidelines and know to Watch your mouth in here .
Is a family oriented forum .

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Do you have any stray wifi operating, another phone with you perhaps?

Rather than giving it away you could consider cashing out and upgrading to a pro or advanced. You will get 2km easy without any modding if distance is your thing.

First off, lets ease up on the foul language as this is a family friendly forum.

My P3S went 4000' completely stock. Others have gone well over 6500' stock. It all depends on location and your experience in flying RC aircraft. As far as the ARGTek mod, that is next to useless. The windsurfer is about as good as the ARGTek. If you want a serious antenna upgrade get the DBS panel or an FPVLR and call it a day.

First off, lets ease up on the foul language as this is a family friendly forum.

My P3S went 4000' completely stock. Others have gone well over 6500' stock. It all depends on location and your experience in flying RC aircraft. As far as the ARGTek mod, that is next to useless. The windsurfer is about as good as the ARGTek. If you want a serious antenna upgrade get the DBS panel or an FPVLR and call it a day.

yes DBS is very nice !!

side bar... where in NY are you located? Im moving back home next month.

I have gone 5200+ ft with my standard. With a stock antenna. Granted, I have traveled over farm fields with no obstructions in my flight path. But, still I went one mile. I am sorry to hear of your troubles. Maybe someone here can help out with whatever is making yours the way it is. Hope you can resolve this.

I have had my P3s 6 months and was getting real good range but that latest firmware reduced that...disappointed!

Wait you managed to downgrade, how? Also check the connectors between the antennas and the pcb on the remote as well as the drone, open them and use a can of compressed air it should sort out your issue.

I am near lake pleasant. However I don't think I should have to drive to a lake to fly. All connections are tight and secure. Just re installed the argtek a day ago on my second controller. Sorry for the vulgar foul language. Perhaps GRITS should replace to extremely offensive word I used...... I would totally happy with 2000 feet. I mean I can't even see it at that distance ..... It's the extreme inconsistent distances with in minutes, that frustrates me. My goal is 3500 feet. Under full control as there is a building is like to orbit. I know I can use Litchi, but I still need to learn how to use it. I was on the north end of the white tanks mountains. Level desert dirt floor. Power line were at least two miles away and nearest house was barely in eye sight. I turn my iPhone to airplane mode. The only thing I do that may be a problem. Is I stand too close to my van. It provides me shade. I have never had. Problem with the video feed. It's stays strong.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hate you having problems and hate you hadn't read all that have had them. I haven't had any with my standard or my 4K .
Also hate you didn't read the guidelines and know to Watch your mouth in here .
Is a family oriented forum .
I wish you wouldnt point it out on every post when someones uses SLIGHTLY foul language, nobody even notices it until you point it out and make a deal about it, not the readers or the moderators. When you bring attention to it that's when people start noticing. And you pointing it out is going to get more people in trouble than somebody using slight language.[emoji41] as far as being a family forum, if there is even kids reading some of the stuff, they're not going to read anything even close to as offensive as the music/TV shows/movies there watching.

I wish you wouldnt point it out on every post when someones uses SLIGHTLY foul language, nobody even notices it until you point it out and make a deal about it, not the readers or the moderators. When you bring attention to it that's when people start noticing. And you pointing it out is going to get more people in trouble than somebody using slight language.[emoji41] as far as being a family forum, if there is even kids reading some of the stuff, they're not going to read anything even close to as offensive as the music/TV shows/movies there watching.
Sorry but gonna point it out every time I see it and always have db

Sorry but gonna point it out every time I see it and always have db
I mustve missed before, i've been on here a year and have been loving your posts for that long, but I have just noticed that recently it seems like you've been pointing it out every time somebody says a "bad word" . I've read a lot of foul stuff, mostly made in good humor, on this site in that year and it's usually unnoticed by the moderators, I have noticed the moderators stepping in a lot more when you or others point it out! Much like in our politically correct media world, nobody cares until somebody throws a fuss. I really like everything that you contribute to this family, but being the language police, I think you're doing more harm than good[emoji41]
Spoken with much love big D

I mustve missed before, i've been on here a year and have been loving your posts for that long, but I have just noticed that recently it seems like you've been pointing it out every time somebody says a "bad word" . I've read a lot of foul stuff, mostly made in good humor, on this site in that year and it's usually unnoticed by the moderators, I have noticed the moderators stepping in a lot more when you or others point it out! Much like in our politically correct media world, nobody cares until somebody throws a fuss. I really like everything that you contribute to this family, but being the language police, I think you're doing more harm than good[emoji41]
Spoken with much love big D
I know it is db and you have just not seen me doing it .It didn't used to be so bad here till the last 30,000 members and what few mods we have can't see all so I help them . Always have .
I understand what you are saying but give a inch and some take a mile . I just try and slow it up .

Reactions: dirtybum

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl