New phantom 4 ,a new inspire or the yuneec H ??

Reaction score
Ok guys,,,please dont slam me for asking this question.
I have had a yuneec Q500+ for over a year know. No fly aways no crashes and still on my first set of props. Im filming real estate and looking to upgrade so to speak. I know the 4 has a better camera so this is why I'm looking. At first I thought about the new H from yuneec but have seen complaints about how bad the camera is. Both DJI and yuneec have there pros and cons. The new H I like because it has 6 motors and is a hex.If you loos a motor you can still land it. Thats one thing. The 4 has better avoidance system and a better camera on it. Thats a big plus. A known downside to DJI is the customer service and the amount of fly a ways and dropping out of the sky syndromes.. I have a option to get a open box inspire for 1500 flown one time and the guy did not buy it .or a new 4 with 2 batteries for 1500. Are the fly aways with the new 4 still common along with falling from the sky. Or I can get a new yuneec H for 1200 with two batteries and just deal with the lesser camera. I know asking on this forum you all will say the 4 is better than the yuneec. Just not sure which way to go. I have all three options to consider and just not sure which one to pull the trigger on

No on the H. I haven't hardly heard of any p4 flyaways, at least not like the older models. I vote P4

I can't comment on the Yuneec as I have never owned one. My opinion for what it is worth is the P4 would suit your needs best. It is easier to transport and set up than the Inspire. I think if you get past how cool the Inspire looks you will see that the P4 is actually a great bird. A lot of the fly aways can be attributed to pilot error although I am sure there are exceptions.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'd go P4.

TH vs P4: Camera on the Typhoon seems inferior to the P4, and the motor redundancy may not be a big deal for real estate work? I found the DJI radio, image transmission and DJI Go app to be a little better than Yuneec (comparing to the Q500 4K).

Inspire vs P4: The Inspire X3 camera is very similar to the P4 camera (probably identical internally), so you're not getting any improvement on the Inspire. Inspire looks cooler, but the size difference is significant. (photo below) I also found the P4 to be quieter and that might be nice if you're flying around other people's houses. I agree with WWK888 that the P4 is so much easier to travel with and to carry around on a site. I also found the P4 easier to operate for videos as a single operator. Lastly, if you ever plan to shoot videos (or stills) inside a property, you may find that the P4 size is a big advantage there. I was not comfortable flying the Inspire 1 indoors because of its size and sensitivity/responsiveness.

Other than hovering over water (VPS gets confused), I haven't really experienced any bizarre behaviors with the P4.

Now, if you needed speed or lifting capability, or want the ability to switch to the Z3 camera (zoom lens), then the Inspire could offer some advantage there. I didn't pick up on those being important to you though, so that's why I'd suggest the P4. If you haven't already done so, you may want to ask the same question on the Inspire forum to get their perspective. The Inspire 1 is a great quad and many people love it - I just found the P4 to be a better, all around fit for my needs.

Inspire 1 and Phantom 4 together.jpg

At first I thought about the new H from yuneec but have seen complaints about how bad the camera is.
A known downside to DJI is the customer service and the amount of fly a ways and dropping out of the sky syndromes.. I have a option to get a open box inspire for 1500 flown one time and the guy did not buy it .or a new 4 with 2 batteries for 1500. Are the fly aways with the new 4 still common along with falling from the sky.
If you want to get an idea of how the H owners are getting on with their bird, look here: Yuneec Drone Forum
The camera does seem to be a common complaint and it's a wifi drone so it's no match for one with Lightbridge.

Regarding what you refer to as a known issue with DJI .... These seem to be popular myths that aren't backed up by real experience.
P3s and P4s are probably as good as it gets for reliability and not flying away.
Here's some background that might explain this: Fear of Flying 2016 - The Last Word on Drone Flyaways! - Drone Flyers
Their service had problems earlier when they were growing faster than they could keep up.
Things are different now.
The Inspire is good but it's huge and portability is an issue.
The P3 Advanced and Pro might also be worth considering as the P4 is not a long way ahead of them in ability.

If you can find someone with a P3 or P4 Lightbridge drone, it would be good to watch one in action.
They pretty well sell themselves when people get to see them for real.

Reactions: Yiannis.B
I'm new here, but I have just sent back the Typhoon H. Testing in a neighborhood park, I had it try to fly away twice on me, the first time it was repaired under warranty ( this took over 30 days for the repair, not sure if this is a good or bad time frame but was promised a 1 week turnaround ) , the second time I was ready for it and there was no damage, I had two major problems with the typhoon h, the first was that the right stick would just go dead and it was loosing gps lock, after I couldn't trust it it had to go back, considering the phantom 4 but maybe the 3. The camera on the H was ok as long as there was no sunlight coming directly into the lens, then it was terrible. It's a pretty heavy craft with weak support arms as well, the click in is not very robust.

inspire is a 1
What about motor failures on the 4 while your flying. Any one experience this?

I follow these forums and Facebook groups pretty close. I've read about motor failures, but I don't see a lot of posts about them. So out of the tens of thousands sold, motor failures don't seem to be in the top 5 problems or complaints. This is just my opinion based on what I read.

The Q500+ was my first drone too. I flew it for about 4 months before buying my P3P, which I still have. The Q500 was a good trainer. It's slower and simpler to understand because it won't do as much as a P3P, P4, or Inspire. The sophistication of the GO app and the luxury of having a 9"screen puts the DJI products far ahead of other brands. The TH isn't much different than Q500+, software-wise. You'll learn about this if you buy DJI. There are so many little things that are convenient to have in the GO app that other brands don't have, too much to list. Litchi by itself is incredible, total 100% autonomous flight, not possible with non DJI craft.

I've only heard of one fly away with P4, and none for P3P/P3A, but thousands are out there flying and hardware can fail. The repair time with DJI is pretty good now, typical 1wk, not counting shipping time. It doesn't get much better than that.

Last edited:
Ok Im getting the 4 next week. Frank at carolina Dronz is a good friend as he lives about 45 min from me. He will deliver to the house which makes it even better. Currently is in Cancun and took the 4 with him for those beach shots. I have a hell of a deal coming from him. Im keeping my Q500 and will use the camera and steady grip that came with it for doing inside shots. I do a thing where it looks like Im flying through the front door and then I switch to the hand held steady grip and it looks like Im flying around the house then back out the front door and fade out and take the drone up up and away. Customers love it. So I will be around on this forum with questions as they pop up so there will be many in the following months.
First one off the top of my head,,,what have to have acessories are a must??
I have seen a gimbal protector which is a bar that spans the landing gear which looks like a good idea. Any others you all may suggest?
Also trying to find a sunshade for my new samsung 8 inch tablet. Anyone have a line on a good one?
Here is what I have been doing with my yuneec for the past months and hope things ramp up with the P$ videos.
www.k2aerialphotography.com
See ya in the skies!!

. . . .
First one off the top of my head,,,what have to have acessories are a must??. . . .

Most of these are pretty obvious:
Gimbal clamp comes with the P4 - I lock mine in place when I travel.

A spare battery or two depending on how much flying you're likely to do during the day.

Lens cloth and spare SD card (depending on how much video you're recording before loading to a computer).

MicroSD adapter (doesn't seem to ship with the P4 - unless I've totally missed it somewhere). Alternatively, you can hook up the P4 to your computer and fire it up to access it as an external drive.

ND filters for the exterior footage.

Lastly, FWIW, the FOV on the Q500 is wider than the FOV on the P4. Will probably need to adjust relative positions of recording to make the transition smoother. Something else worth considering . . . perhaps use the P4 as a grip and just record using its camera as you walk around? (motors not running, obviously - unless it's hot and you want a cooling breeze :))

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues