First Flight! Observations

Reaction score
Finally got time and good weather today to fly my Dreauxn for the first time. The bird is a refurb from DroneNerds. I am using an Nvidia Shield with 6.2 OS. I had updated the birds firmware to 10.1 because the screen told me to. Then I read all the issues folks were having. My RC version is 1.8 and the Go app was 3.1.

The Dreauxn flew flawessly. I am totally in awe of the capability of the craft. Video transmission was perfect, although the glare on the screen was medium despite a glare film. I have to check to see if I had the brightness all the way up. [edit: it was at 50%] I took it up to 170 ft and only 300 ft away just to check it out. Nothing daring for the first flight. I used the auto takeoff on the first flight, and manual on the second. First landing was manual, and the second RTH. The RTH did not invoke a climb to the RTH altitude and then I realized I only invoked RTH at an altitude of 10 feet - see I did read the manual.

I had the video quality set at 4k 30 fps. When I got home I was disappointed to see that the video stuttered every second on both my laptop and desktop. The video was smooth as silk on the tablet. Further investigation shows that both my PCs lack the proper CODEC to render 4k. That is easily fixed. I tested the camera again inside at 1080p and the playback on the PC was perfect.

I also noticed that I had those stupid HERE maps in the Go app. So I have already rolled back the app to 2.9.1 to get my google maps back.

Overall I am super pleased and can't wait to burn a few more batteries through the Dreauxn. I have two more charged and a fourth on the way.

Last edited:
Good observations.

I'm sure you will enjoy more and more every day.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Teamfour

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.