Does the warranty transfer over?

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am looking into getting a used P3P. I was wondering if I bought one that was still in the warranty period, does the warranty carry over? Thanks!

Hello everyone. I am looking into getting a used P3P. I was wondering if I bought one that was still in the warranty period, does the warranty carry over? Thanks!
I've never had a need myself, but I have seen posted here a few times that the warranty is transferable as long as you have a copy of the original purchase receipt.
I can't say with 100% certainty if the posts were accurate however, so use it as only a data point in your research.

I've never had a need myself, but I have seen posted here a few times that the warranty is transferable as long as you have a copy of the original purchase receipt.
I can't say with 100% certainty if the posts were accurate however, so use it as only a data point in your research.
Ok. Thanks for the reply.

We are talking about DJI warranty... remember folks, their customer services is one of the worst. I seen here in some many occasions how an aircraft under warranty, DJI will charge you money for repair even if it was not your fault. I love my Phantom 3 aircraft but unfortunately I don't count with DJI regarding customer services.

I was wondering if I bought one that was still in the warranty period, does the warranty carry over?
It does if you have the original receipt.

Also, if you live in the US, make sure the Phantom was purchased from DJI or an authorized DJI dealer. They state they will not cover anything under warranty otherwise -- per the following section of the DJI warranty:

"For customers in North America, please note: DJI products purchased after August 1st, 2016 are covered under warranty only if they are purchased from DJI authorized dealers."

Last edited:
When I put my P3P to repair after FW bricked it ... I was asked for Original Sales Receipt ... to be valid for warranty even though I purchased second-hand.

This was of course in EU.

Nigel

It does if you have the original receipt.

Also, if you live in the US, make sure the Phantom was purchased from DJI or an authorized DJI dealer. They state they will not cover anything under warranty otherwise -- per the following section of the DJI warranty:

"For customers in North America, please note: DJI products purchased after August 1st, 2016 are covered under warranty only if they are purchased from DJI authorized dealers."

I can't find that sentence in the link you provided. Has it recently been changed?

The reason I asked was I was getting ready to buy from a person that said he was an authorized dealer. Turns out he is not but has it dropped from an authorized dealer. The dealer does not provide a receipt. The receipt is from the guy you buy it from. I know it sounds fishy. I was trying to should him what you referenced but don't see it. Maybe they changed it??

Reactions: hrosee

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT