Does anyone try a range test for your new p4p? I did but totally disappointed><"

Tried 3 different locations before shipping it back. Looks like a mile is about it. This thing was built for closer range photography and a hi def signal back to the TX. The 7km touted distance is out of line. Flight times on the battery were roughly 24 min. Not 30 and I flew down to 17%. Id stay with the P4 and wait on the P5. This will need another generation to refine the hardware and hopefully loose this 2.4/ 5.8 nonsense in favor of the newer more robust Occusync.

1.7 km equals 5577 ft. And 1.056 miles
Hah, your right, I used the 1.4km number to convert. Oh well, that's still totally inadequate. P4P should be going at least 3mi when they claim 4mi. What's totally untruthful is when they "claim" to have MORE RANGE in their P4P spec versus P4, when the new product actually has LESS RANGE. That's what frosts my butt. I"m wondering where DJI test these craft to get those kind of numbers. 4.1mi? BS.

Reactions: audis200
Hah, your right, I used the 1.4km number to convert. Oh well, that's still totally inadequate. P4P should be going at least 3mi when they claim 4mi. What's totally untruthful is when they "claim" to have MORE RANGE in their spec when the new product has LESS RANGE. That's what frosts my butt.
It's pretty windy today but tomorrow I'll do a range test and see how far I can go without losing signal. Like I said earlier I went 1.7km without a issue I turned back because I got scared , the drone wanted to keep going. Hopefully I can get a good more distance. I'll report back soon

It's pretty windy today but tomorrow I'll do a range test and see how far I can go without losing signal. Like I said earlier I went 1.7km without a issue I turned back because I got scared , the drone wanted to keep going. Hopefully I can get a good more distance. I'll report back soon
That's great King, thanks for that. Please take an aerial photo of your environment too. So many folks never say what their environment is, and it's not fair to test this stuff with potential wifi interference too close by. 1.7Km in the city would be respectable, but not relevant to my flying that's usually away from civilization.

Reactions: KingDad1985
That's great King, thanks for that. Please take an aerial photo of your environment too. So many folks never say what their environment is, and it's not fair to test this stuff with potential wifi interference too close by. 1.7Km in the city would be respectable, but not relevant to my flying that's usually away from civilization.

I'm going to try it over open desert just off of interstate 15 between Barstow california and Las Vegas Nevada. Lol Not alot of wifi but there is alot of joshua trees! Hahaha. I'll record the whole thing and post it here

Hah, your right, I used the 1.4km number to convert. Oh well, that's still totally inadequate. P4P should be going at least 3mi when they claim 4mi. What's totally untruthful is when they "claim" to have MORE RANGE in their P4P spec versus P4, when the new product actually has LESS RANGE. That's what frosts my butt. I"m wondering where DJI test these craft to get those kind of numbers. 4.1mi? BS.
I'd want to have a lot more than one person's negative comment before I passed judgement.
And when you have a clear example of the P4P being flown much further in post #15, I definitely wouldn't be claiming anything was inadequate or untruthful.
Did you miss #15 completely?

Thank you Meta4. Nuff said... I will wait for P5 to come out. On that note, I will take my wife out West to enjoy the beach and sun after the holidays:)

I'd want to have a lot more than one person's comment before I passed judgement.
And when you have a clear example of the P4P being flown much further in post #15, I definitely wouldn't be claiming anything was inadequate or untruthful.

I'd want to have a lot more than one person's negative comment before I passed judgement.

After watching the video the range doesn't bother me the tilted horizons does!

How has this issue gotten worse with every release?

Again ... you can't completely assess the drone on the strength of just one youtube video.

Certainly am not. I've seen about 4 videos, all of them have horozon issue, the one above being the worse. Concerning cause it's not only a tilted horozon, but a drifting horozon as well, which is harder to fix.

My drone arrives Monday, I'll be doing my own tests on range and horozon.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
I'm going to try it over open desert just off of interstate 15 between Barstow california and Las Vegas Nevada. Lol Not alot of wifi but there is alot of joshua trees! Hahaha. I'll record the whole thing and post it here
Wow, that's a great test area, very safe out there. I know the area well, including that funky water park in the middle of the desert, Hula Balloo, or something like that, really it was called Lake Delores. No need for a photo, that's very remote.

Hope the wind dies down, it's been brutal today in So. Calif.

Reactions: tml4191
Let's see what DJI has to say...What's the deal DJI? Are these p4p ranges true?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Since the p4p can hopefully be modded, it doesn't really bother me that much, but some input from Dji might help
You'll likely be banded from that forum for such a pointed question. They are known to do that, so don't be surprised to see the question vanish into thin air.

Wow, that's a great test area, very safe out there. I know the area well, including that funky water park in the middle of the desert, Hula Balloo, or something like that, really it was called Lake Delores. No need for a photo, that's very remote.

Hope the wind dies down, it's been brutal today in So. Calif.
Santa Ana winds..............

You'll likely be banded from that forum for such a pointed question. They are known to do that, so don't be surprised to see the question vanish into thin air.
haha well at least it's putting a possible problem to light. I simply asked for an explanation or a verification of what most people are saying is true.

Does the manual c2+wheel scroll work with the p4p ^ ........ and that test was done with 5.8ghz

How come this guy's battery level is at 5% when he only flew it for about 13+ Minutes?
Yes the c2+ Wheel scroll easily fixes horizon issues.

I made it out to 16,400 feet, perfect signal all the way out. Forgot I had the default max distance setting on haha! In the same location with my P4, I could only get 2500 feet. My P4P is a huge upgrade! I was also using 5.8ghz.
As usual, it's never a good idea to make up your mind based on a couple of early reports.
There are so many variables affecting flight distance, that a few users getting poor range doesn't mean anything.
Despite what some people think DJI's stated specs are usually pretty good when it comes to distance.
It's not like they need to exaggerate to be competitive with other makers.
The original specs for the Lightbridge P3s were understated and later increased to reflect actual achievable distances.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor