DO NOT BUY from phantomfilters.com - Closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I bought a set of filters from phantomfilters.com on aug. 15 and still have not received my filters yet. I have contacted phantomfilters 3 times now and have not received one reply about the status of my order. Now I'm only wanting my $24 back but can not get ahold of them. So far I am unimpressed with this company and the way they handle business.

Reactions: AlmostTan
coming from a user who joined the forum today and his only post is this rant...

coming from a user who joined the forum today and his only post is this rant...
He's right. Something happened to Jakob. He used to be very active on here and DJIs forums an his account went silent.

We were talking back and forth via email and he responded very quickly. Suddenly he went silent there too.

OP hopefully you paid with PayPal and can open a dispute. This guy used to be really good but I feel like something bad may have happened to him :oops:

Reactions: lambonick
He's right. Something happened to Jakob. He used to be very active on here and DJIs forums an his account went silent.

We were talking back and forth via email and he responded very quickly. Suddenly he went silent there too.

OP hopefully you paid with PayPal and can open a dispute. This guy used to be really good but I feel like something bad may have happened to him :oops:
Unfortunately I used a credit card (I was working on the spend requirement for an offer) and didn't even think of using that same credit card through Paypal. I don't know if I can fight for a refund from my credit card company but I will certainly try. I've learned my lesson and will only use Paypal from now on when buying from small, unknown companies.

Unfortunately I used a credit card (I was working on the spend requirement for an offer) and didn't even think of using that same credit card through Paypal. I don't know if I can fight for a refund from my credit card company but I will certainly try. I've learned my lesson and will only use Paypal from now on when buying from small, unknown companies.
Bummer, I hope it works. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to, PayPal just has an easy process.

Thanks for posting the PSA.

SO - I dont know the seller, or anything related, but you CAN call the CC company, and file a dispute, which they will investigate - make take 30-90d in some cases, but they will resolve it for you.

You should not have a problem explaining the situation to the CC company and most likely they will open the dispute and take care of the situation. Just call their 800 number and start the process while you have your ducks in the row. (Invoice, your emails etc.)

SO - I dont know the seller, or anything related, but you CAN call the CC company, and file a dispute, which they will investigate - make take 30-90d in some cases, but they will resolve it for you.
Thanks for the reply. I've never had to file dispute through a CC company but will definitely be doing that first thing tomorrow morning.

Reactions: jhoke
I received mine a week ago but they are scratched and bent(creased). I ordered Taco multi coated several days ago to replace them.

I bought a set of filters from phantomfilters.com on aug. 15 and still have not received my filters yet. I have contacted phantomfilters 3 times now and have not received one reply about the status of my order. Now I'm only wanting my $24 back but can not get ahold of them. So far I am unimpressed with this company and the way they handle business.

I got mine in about 5 days after ordering! I got them a couple of weeks ago and have had no problems. Sucks man, hope you get it straightened out.

He's no longer active on here.

Wow that's crazy, I ordered mine beginning of August and got them in like 4 days. Everything looked good. Don't use them now cause I went with PP's 6 pack. Hope he gets back to you and does the right thing OP.

I ordered the 5 pack Wednesday and it showed up Saturday. Great price, decent filters and the packaging is spiffy to boot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan