Dji this is rediculous.

I probably will, but I want to start from a point of knowledge or comfort which means Android 6.1. Install all of DJI GO app, FW for AC and RC and see what happens. Maybe all the latest and greatest will make Here maps work? ????? Maybe! LOL. Then if I still have either lag issues, map issues, or any other issues, I will go the nougat route and then reinstall all. I'll y'all posted.
For lag, make sure the cables around your gimble are plugged in securely

I fought with it all day. Idk what to do I use litchi now but fear it may cause issues since dji go is needed for some settings.

Sent from my LGLS755 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well I just had to update. I had nothing but a blob of green when I used the latest DJI GO app and the Here maps. However, I just upgraded the DJI GO app and it appears that the Here maps are working now. No distortion, no green blob and it updates nicely. It may be just a good idea to go ahead and update. They are forcing us to update because they have fixed the Here Maps. It's up to you, but it worked great for me. I'm no longer afraid to use the Here maps.

For lag, make sure the cables around your gimble are plugged in securely

Interesting you say that. But, the only cable that is in question at least on my RC is the USB from RC to tablet. I have to move it once in a while for it to recognize the RC. It has never been secure or a solid connection. There have been many previous threads about this issue which has stated that DJI has used an either inferior or incorrect USB socket where the USB cable plugs in. Either way when it does connect properly, it still has lag. I will be testing the new DJI GO app as well as the new Google Nougat OS for Android on the Shield K1 tablet. I hope that will help the lag issue. Thanks for your input on that.

clear the data for dji go, should reset the message too

it may have if I did not update but far to late now..lol

did that work for you .

I suspect that this update is different in that its not within the app
it is before app starts, as soon as it calls home to dji...

I use an old android phone for my P3 it doesn't have service or connected to net. So no issue's here.

I HATE HERE MAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHY can't GO remember my zoom level?????
FORCED to update to 3.1.3 like everyone else! F*** DJI!

I've got a P3P using the Nvidia K1 tablet since I've been in Spain for the winter I haven't logged onto the internet but as google maps deletes automatically after 30 days I don't have any maps on my tab.
the app I'm using is RC 1.6.O APP 2.8.3 V 1.9.60. it work ok and I'm happy with it except I've got no maps now
so what will happen if I log onto to the net to try to download Google maps, can I do it or will it tell me to update to the latest app?

if I have to download the latest app apparently using the here maps, do they disappear after 30 days or do they stay on the tablet?

TIA

I've got a P3P using the Nvidia K1 tablet since I've been in Spain for the winter I haven't logged onto the internet but as google maps deletes automatically after 30 days I don't have any maps on my tab.
the app I'm using is RC 1.6.O APP 2.8.3 V 1.9.60. it work ok and I'm happy with it except I've got no maps now
so what will happen if I log onto to the net to try to download Google maps, can I do it or will it tell me to update to the latest app?

if I have to download the latest app apparently using the here maps, do they disappear after 30 days or do they stay on the tablet?

TIA
Yes, on android, you will apparently now have to update Go to the newest version. Lots of discussion about this here DJI forces us to take the GO update v3.1.3 [Android]..

so from what you say, as long as I'm here in Spain for the winter and can manage without maps until i get home (still see the direction of flight) I can carry on as I am.

that sounds correct
It appears that the GO app wants to update as soon as it "phones" home to dji.
without the internet on your device that may stop the call to dji and let your app run.

actually you gave me an idea
I have a third device that hasn't been used in a while.
I am going to test this out , shortly.
shut off internet, power it up, and start GO.

good luck and have fun flying!

edit
yea that works ,
if you start GO without internet you can use it at old FW level still.

Last edited:
that sounds correct
It appears that the GO app wants to update as soon as it "phones" home to dji.
without the internet on your device that may stop the call to dji and let your app run.

actually you gave me an idea
I have a third device that hasn't been used in a while.
I am going to test this out , shortly.
shut off internet, power it up, and start GO.

good luck and have fun flying!

I haven't been on the internet for over 4 months so maybe if your other device hasn't connected to the net for a few months I think you should be ok . the first week in January I made this flight with no problem other than no map, I managed really well also my wife was spotting for me as I was watching the tablet,best of luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka