Dji this is rediculous.

is your rc on 1.6 or a higher fw

I test flew the other night when I did the 2.9.3 and video was ok
I only went out about 300-400 m or so though

I'm at 1.8 on RC. RC FW has never helped as far as my video. Even when I was on 1.6, I still had video issues. I have aP3P and I think maybe when recording in 4K it can't handle it.

This is the area I do most of my flying . What do I do now?
Thanks here maps and dji

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170210-195024.png
    Screenshot_20170210-195024.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 303
This is the area I do most of my flying . What do I do now?
Thanks here maps and dji

You're lucky you got that much map that is visible. When I had Here maps, I got a green blob with nothing visible. You have to revert to an earlier version of the GO app which has Google maps. Either 2.9.3 or 2.9.1. On page one of this subject, see post #12 and check out the video provided for you to see how to do it.

I'm running 2.9.1 on my K1. Auto-update turned off. No issues with today's flights.

I'm running 2.9.1 on my K1. Auto-update turned off. No issues with today's flights.

Nice, same as me. I have found that there are two more firmware updates I haven't upgraded to though. I'm nervous about upgrading though. Lol.

are you connected to the internet? maybe in airplane mode?
Nope, full connection. I was connected to the RC, but not the AC.

Nice, same as me. I have found that there are two more firmware updates I haven't upgraded to though. I'm nervous about upgrading though. Lol.
Me too! AC on 1.9.6, RC 1.6 and app on 2.9.6. Not going to change, everything works, google maps and no forced landings around NFZs. As a private pilot, it was my responsibility to know where and when I could fly and I'm perfectly willing to accept the same with my sUAS.

When you say firmware, do you mean the Go app version, or the actual AC firmware? I'm running the most current P3P firmware, but the 2.9.1 app version. Again, no issues.

When you say firmware, do you mean the Go app version, or the actual AC firmware? I'm running the most current P3P firmware, but the 2.9.1 app version. Again, no issues.

Firmware always refers to the AC not any app. So, you are using 1.10.90. I think I will probably upgrade my AC to the latest firmware.

Firmware always refers to the AC not any app. So, you are using 1.10.90. I think I will probably upgrade my AC to the latest firmware.
That was my definition of firmware as well - just wanted to make sure we were on the same page. I have been running 1.10.90 since day one, no issues.

That was my definition of firmware as well - just wanted to make sure we were on the same page. I have been running 1.10.90 since day one, no issues.

Do you have the latest of the DJI GO app? It has the "Here" maps. Do they work for you?

I'm at 1.8 on RC. RC FW has never helped as far as my video. Even when I was on 1.6, I still had video issues. I have aP3P and I think maybe when recording in 4K it can't handle it.

I think I saw 4k was also part of it but I usually go 2.7 or 1080/60 and with 1.8 I couldn't see ****
Rc FW 1.6 cleared that up instantly.

Now back to SHIELD
STOP and don't do it yet.

I updated and got message...
working on removing and reload etc

No go on keeping old app versions

reinstalling app brings up term of service and then the message to upgrade to 3.1.2
I guess I will find out how about 3.1.2....

The upgrade to 7 was quick and easy

Last edited:
Do you have the latest of the DJI GO app? It has the "Here" maps. Do they work for you?
No. That's why I stated earlier I use 2.9.1. Couldn't stand the Here maps.

3.0.1 is only app on android that uses google maps and has correct rth location, not to mention high rez maps. Now they force upgrade to newest app that is flawed. Own 2 phantom 3 drones both will be up for sale. Litchi works but not the point , dji pulling shady stuff forcing upgrades to flawed app No way.

Sent from my LGLS755 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I stand corrected zx10guy1. I was looking around the Play Store and it says that I can update to the latest DJI GO app but it did not update it. Then once when I was in the DJI GO app on my tablet with the WiFi on, it did finally show up with the notice that I had to update to the latest. YOU ARE RIGHT! It won't let you do anything unless you update. It is even hard to get the DJI GO app off the screen. **** DJI. I would think that if they are forcing you to update that it had better fix all problems for all people who have any kind of problem once and for all time.

The appearance of what people were thinking is that you had your updates turned on through your Play store or wherever you get your updates from. We or at least I was wrong. Now I am faced with the same problem. What I'm going to do is go ahead with the update, update the firmware and if that doesn't work, I will upgrade my shield k1 tablet to the new nougat system which will probably wipe out all the dji stuff, litchi and I will start from scratch and see what happens. Wish me luck. I also wish you luck.

Reactions: zx10guy1
I think I saw 4k was also part of it but I usually go 2.7 or 1080/60 and with 1.8 I couldn't see ****
Rc FW 1.6 cleared that up instantly.

Now back to SHIELD
STOP and don't do it yet.

I updated and got message...
working on removing and reload etc

No go on keeping old app versions

reinstalling app brings up term of service and then the message to upgrade to 3.1.2
I guess I will find out how about 3.1.2....

The upgrade to 7 was quick and easy

Yep! See my last reply to the original OP of this thread. He was right. I got the same thing.

may as well update to nougat then
the new features and updates on shield seem decent

I probably will, but I want to start from a point of knowledge or comfort which means Android 6.1. Install all of DJI GO app, FW for AC and RC and see what happens. Maybe all the latest and greatest will make Here maps work? ????? Maybe! LOL. Then if I still have either lag issues, map issues, or any other issues, I will go the nougat route and then reinstall all. I'll y'all posted.

I stand corrected zx10guy1. I was looking around the Play Store and it says that I can update to the latest DJI GO app but it did not update it. Then once when I was in the DJI GO app on my tablet with the WiFi on, it did finally show up with the notice that I had to update to the latest. YOU ARE RIGHT! It won't let you do anything unless you update. It is even hard to get the DJI GO app off the screen. **** DJI. I would think that if they are forcing you to update that it had better fix all problems for all people who have any kind of problem once and for all time.

The appearance of what people were thinking is that you had your updates turned on through your Play store or wherever you get your updates from. We or at least I was wrong. Now I am faced with the same problem. What I'm going to do is go ahead with the update, update the firmware and if that doesn't work, I will upgrade my shield k1 tablet to the new nougat system which will probably wipe out all the dji stuff, litchi and I will start from scratch and see what happens. Wish me luck. I also wish you luck.
I fought with it all day. Idk what to do I use litchi now but fear it may cause issues since dji go is needed for some settings.

Sent from my LGLS755 using PhantomPilots mobile app

App 3.01 for Google Maps. Set to NOT auto update. Was out in the country today with NO WIFI and the app refused to work without an update. Had to tether to my phone to update. Back to the crappy HERE maps again...

Mike

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka