Dji this is rediculous.

Reaction score
3.0.1 is only app on android that uses google maps and has correct rth location, not to mention high rez maps. Now they force upgrade to newest app that is flawed. Own 2 phantom 3 drones both will be up for sale. Litchi works but not the point , dji pulling shady stuff forcing upgrades to flawed app No way.

Sent from my LGLS755 using PhantomPilots mobile app

3.0.1 is only app on android that uses google maps and has correct rth location, not to mention high rez maps. Now they force upgrade to newest app that is flawed. Own 2 phantom 3 drones both will be up for sale. Litchi works but not the point , dji pulling shady stuff forcing upgrades to flawed app No way.

Sent from my LGLS755 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Interesting. You had auto updates disabled on your device but it updated anyway?

DJI go early versions

I don't think the app is auto updating, I think it is telling people they must update before continuing.

I don't think the app is auto updating, I think it is telling people they must update before continuing.
It has been reported in several threads now. A disturbing development for sure, but I suppose that DJI is doing all they can to distance themselves from the recent home point debacle on the original Android 3.1.2.

Last edited:
What's the flaw with the newest version?

Actually post #3 and 4 are stating that DJI GO app is telling you to update before you can fly. I haven't flown recently myself and I have DJI GO app Android version 2.9.1. It has Google Maps. So, when I get to fly next, I will see if they tell me I have to update the app.

Just open your app, you dont have to be connected to the drone to .get the message

Just open your app, you dont have to be connected to the drone to .get the message

I don't have updates enabled in the Play Store. So, when I hooked it all up just to test it, it did not ask me to update. Yes, I did have my WiFi turned on. So, I am still on DJI GO app 2.9.1. with Google maps and it is not updating to the most recent version. It could be that wherever you download DJI GO app from is set to update automatically. I wish you luck, Also, you can downgrade to a lower version.

Actually post #3 and 4 are stating that DJI GO app is telling you to update before you can fly. I haven't flown recently myself and I have DJI GO app Android version 2.9.1. It has Google Maps. So, when I get to fly next, I will see if they tell me I have to update the app.
I'm still flying IOS 2.8.6. Got concerned with all of these posts so just went up and fired it up. No warnings at all.

Reactions: Falcon900
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I hope this helps. I'm not familiar with android?

Also if you have IOS, I can help you downgrade
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
( NOTE, you must use Charles 3.0 or older. )

J Dot
:cool:

I don't have updates enabled in the Play Store. So, when I hooked it all up just to test it, it did not ask me to update. Yes, I did have my WiFi turned on. So, I am still on DJI GO app 2.9.1. with Google maps and it is not updating to the most recent version. It could be that wherever you download DJI GO app from is set to update automatically. I wish you luck, Also, you can downgrade to a lower version.

I have GO 3.1.1 on one device with auto updates still on
it is not allowing go to run without updateing

my shield has updates OFF and running 2.9.3
it started the GO fine, although the phantom was not on.

so if auto updates off no issue.

I have GO 3.1.1 on one device with auto updates still on
it is not allowing go to run without updateing

my shield has updates OFF and running 2.9.3
it started the GO fine, although the phantom was not on.

so if auto updates off no issue.

I agree as my shield K1 had the same effect. That pretty much confirms that if updates are off, it will and cannot update or ask you to update. Thanks for your input.

To the OP, check to be sure your app updating is turned off. Then go back to a previous version that uses Google maps. I think Here maps started in 3.0.1 not sure though, cause I had to go back to 2.9.1 and kirk2579 went back to 2.9.3. Good Luck to the OP of this thread. Sure wish DJI would get off of HERE maps.

I agree as my shield K1 had the same effect. That pretty much confirms that if updates are off, it will and cannot update or ask you to update. Thanks for your input.

To the OP, check to be sure your app updating is turned off. Then go back to a previous version that uses Google maps. I think Here maps started in 3.0.1 not sure though, cause I had to go back to 2.9.1 and kirk2579 went back to 2.9.3. Good Luck to the OP of this thread. Sure wish DJI would get off of HERE maps.

did you update to android 7 on shield yet?

did you update to android 7 on shield yet?

Not yet, I'm reviewing threads here and elsewhere to see if any problems pop up. Then I will probably try it if all seems well. Hesitant at this point.

probably will later tonight or tommorow

I will probably do the same. I have been having bad lag and pixelization issues with my K1, so I'm anxious to try this new nougat system. Just going to do it OTA and try it as is to see the first result, then, if needed, get rid of all extra's or things that I had to do first when I got the K1 like turning off a lot of apps etc. Good luck to you if you do it. Post back here once you do it an let us know how it went. Thanks.

I will probably do the same. I have been having bad lag and pixelization issues with my K1, so I'm anxious to try this new nougat system. Just going to do it OTA and try it as is to see the first result, then, if needed, get rid of all extra's or things that I had to do first when I got the K1 like turning off a lot of apps etc. Good luck to you if you do it. Post back here once you do it an let us know how it went. Thanks.

is your rc on 1.6 or a higher fw

I test flew the other night when I did the 2.9.3 and video was ok
I only went out about 300-400 m or so though

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31