DJI Releases New Firmware for the Phantom 3 Standard

Lets start with
#1 What are you using for a mobile device?
#2 You have downloaded DJI Go for your mobile device?
#3 I don't understand Phantom 3 wifi says 'no internet connection' Where is that displayed?
I'm using a Iphone 5S
Yes, I've downloaded the DJI Go app
on my Iphone, when trying to update the required firmware, I get 'no internet connection' on the screen and then it says 'disconnect your device and check your internet connection'

Lets start with
#3 I don't understand Phantom 3 wifi says 'no internet connection' Where is that displayed?

Iphone 5S
Yes, I downloaded the DJI Go app
on the Iphone 5S, get a message pop up that says 'no internet connection' and then 'disconnect device and check internet connection'

Hi Mark...I just purchased a Phantom 3 Standard and have been trying to update the firmware all afternoon. I'm so frustrated as I keep getting an error message that the Phantom 3 wifi says 'no internet connection'. I continue trying to connect, shut everything off, start again, and the same error message. You mentioned to another person that you can get the bin file from your phone...that is so far over my head. Any chance you could help guide me through? Thanks! Mary
With my P3S I get the 'no internet connection' every time I fly my bird. It only means the connection is not to the internet. When I got my update the Go app (android) was updated behind the scenes. Then the first time I went to fly after that, I had a big, red banner across the Go app, then I just followed the instructions from there. I hope this helps.

Lets start with

This is what I'm getting on my Iphone 5S:

I think we're on to something here RoadPad....I also have HughesNet as my internet provider so I'll be taking it somewhere else for the update. Will let you know how everything turns out. Appreciate your help! Mary

With my P3S I get the 'no internet connection' every time I fly my bird. It only means the connection is not to the internet. When I got my update the Go app (android) was updated behind the scenes. Then the first time I went to fly after that, I had a big, red banner across the Go app, then I just followed the instructions from there. I hope this helps.

Thanks Okestone...I have HughesNet and so that may be the problem....Appreciate your help! Mary

Reactions: okestone
Lets us know, I actually sold and installed the first 2 way satellite internet system until the model 360 modems were failing do to them not having fans in them and a bunch of other stuff.

Anyways I don't know why HughesNet would cause an issue. But the system's do work different compared to standard internet. Looks like Starband is shutting there doors, I haven't looked them up in at least 10 years.

What worked for me was changing to home WiFi to activate, then switch back to the Phantom WiFi once I had success. To upgrade the firmware, I did the same thing, once I started the upgrade, I changed the connection to my home WiFi, once it downloaded the file, I reconnected to the Phantom WiFi and it proceeded to install the update. There were no instructions for this, I just gave it a try and it worked. :)

In this firmware we should update radio? I cant find what is version firmware in my radio control. 2015-12-03 15.41.53.png

In this firmware we should update radio? I cant find what is version firmware in my radio control. View attachment 37101
Don't know, but do you have the remote, phantom powered on and have the mobile device connected when your on that screen?

I got it!! For whatever reason, HughesNet doesn't let it connect to the P3 WiFi so I used Comcast WiFi at a friends and it worked. Only 34 degrees out so just hovered and sat it back down. Charging everything up again and then possibly go out for my first true flight. Mary

Reactions: Phil Sutphin
I got it!! For whatever reason, HughesNet doesn't let it connect to the P3 WiFi so I used Comcast WiFi at a friends and it worked. Only 34 degrees out so just hovered and sat it back down. Charging everything up again and then possibly go out for my first true flight. Mary
Yeah Mary! Remember slow and easy. Beginners mode would be good for a while. Have fun.

Reactions: Phil Sutphin
Farken A

Yes, i turn on.
I just got my Asus (some kind of a tablet) and my iPad2 out of my freezing rain covered vehicle (Remote starting is great). Anyway the Asus being a android does not display the RC version even with everything powered up.The ipad2 even though is not listed usable and is a crApple displays RC "1.1.30"

I have not done the most recent update,.

Thanks i still have problem with range. I dont know what Should i do with this problem.

Humm, I didn't think that is what you were asking.

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum as well as flying. I just picked up a P3S last Saturday night. Spent a few hours Sunday setting it up and getting the new firmware. So far I've really enjoyed it except I keep getting notice while flying that the connection was lost but it reconnects right away. Also it seems when I turn I loose video, like a refresh. This is annoying as it makes it almost impossible to take video. Still pics are quite nice but the video is upsetting. I spoke to customer support at DJI and they were wondering if I had done the update and if it took. I was away from the P3S when I called so I couldn't see. Once home I saw that the controller and P3S shows 1.04 I believe and the app is current. I have an iPhone 6s and not really sure what to do next especially cause it's new.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1449195015.793115.jpg

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum as well as flying. I just picked up a P3S last Saturday night. Spent a few hours Sunday setting it up and getting the new firmware. So far I've really enjoyed it except I keep getting notice while flying that the connection was lost but it reconnects right away. Also it seems when I turn I loose video, like a refresh. This is annoying as it makes it almost impossible to take video. Still pics are quite nice but the video is upsetting. I spoke to customer support at DJI and they were wondering if I had done the update and if it took. I was away from the P3S when I called so I couldn't see. Once home I saw that the controller and P3S shows 1.04 I believe and the app is current. I have an iPhone 6s and not really sure what to do next especially cause it's new.
View attachment 37129

Per the beginning of this thread:

A new firmware update (V1.2.0040) is now available for the Phantom 3 Standard. Please download and update your Phantom 3 Standard via the DJI GO app.
Overview:
1. All-in-One Firmware Updated to:v1.2.0040

It doesn't sound like you have the correct firmware. I have only flown my P3S once and I did see the signal lost message once, I was fairly far away and I was also not flying in a particularly open area (lots of trees and a few baseball stadium lights).

I would double check that your firmware update took first.

Ok, but when I turn on the bird and the remote, go into the DJI GO app. I don't see where I can download the firmware again tho I get the notice that there is a new update and make sure I'm current. I've read up on this a little bit and it seems that people are having to use the mini sd card to update? I guess I'm missing on how to wifi the download again.

Rick

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor