DJI Releases New Firmware for the Phantom 3 Standard

Can you teach me how? Master?))
:) LOL
Sho it's all in here .The TX just has a DBS itelite panel and I put the dipoles from FPVLR he made just for that panel on the quad and did change out the cables to better insulated ones . I think alot to getting better distance's is or I do is really watching the signal bars and adjusting your aim to keep them high. I got over 6,600' stock . Also where you are at . I fly with little or no noise .
The TX mod is in here in several antenna threads and is easy . You just have to like to mess in these things and have a little $$$$$
and you can geter done :)
I spent a lot of time trying different ways to set up the birdsides and finally just settled with this .

He has those on his site but you have to tell him to put the 90 degree connecters on the 5.8's then ya just have to do some rigging :)
No master buddy just have been messing in P2's for a year doing this . Is addictive .
I could have almost bought an Adv for what I got in this but just is what I like to do ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike Drone7
Why not get it directly from DJI? That way you are sure to get a non-corrupted copy. ;)
I thought you only could update through the app .

yep, if you're android, find the file in the DJI folder, and put it manually on the card. Standard.
OK...this is new to me with the standard and am on IOS and I just did it through the app . Ya threw me :rolleyes:

Last time i checked the FAA website about a month ago, the 400 feet max altitude was "recommended" which to me sounds like the smart thing to do, but DJI still shouldnt be limiting the altitude of the drones.

Last time i checked the FAA website about a month ago, the 400 feet max altitude was "recommended" which to me sounds like the smart thing to do, but DJI still shouldnt be limiting the altitude of the drones.
You can still go to 500m

When you configure max height beyond 400 ft the Go application ask you accept the risk then allows it. I got to 500 ft on a flight today with my standard.
Yea I tried it yesterday to see if they had messed with that but saw they didn't . Think I just went over 550' just to see over me .

I upgraded mine last night and it was stuck at 72% for at least 5 mins then failed. It went very slowly and made a lot of strange sound. Then I turned off the bird, remote control, killed the iOS app and restarted them all. Then I went back to the app and upgraded the firmware from there again. It finally went through successfully after less than 5 mins.

I don't think mine updated correctly. It was updating just fine and the app crashed. The drone stayed in beeping mode but never stopped. I restarted the app and it's telling me there is a RC update v1.5.70 but the update banner is gone. It tells me to go to the DJI product page but I can't find the update. The about screen in the flight screen says I have v1.2.40. How do I update now? I am using an iPhone 6s. Thanks!

Edit: It's looks like I have the latest update according to the firmware number, but every time I start the app it tells me there is a new RC update. Maybe that's for the advanced or the professional...

Last edited:
That would suck if they just capped it at 120m. Just looked at the specs on line and it now says 120m is the max altitude. Don't remember if it said that or 500m before.
That's your Max altitude for uav (120m).
Don't be silly and go higher or you will just make life harder for yourself and everyone else.

A new firmware update (V1.2.0040) is now available for the Phantom 3 Standard. Please download and update your Phantom 3 Standard via the DJI GO app.
Overview:
1. All-in-One Firmware Updated to:v1.2.0040

Bug Fixes:
1. Reduced purple fringing for RAW photos taken in HDR mode.
2. Fixed issue of abnormal aircraft movement in Follow Me mode whenever the mobile device GPS signal is weak.

Notes:
The remote controller’s firmware will be updated in this release. Ensure the remote controller is powered on and that your mobile device does not enter screen lock mode during the update.

Nothing but problems!! The firmware update got over 30% and then errors out telling me the batteries are below 50% and cannot continue. RC is fully charged with 4 greens, Both the batteries I have tried with full charges do not work and My phone is 100% charged. Any solutions available?

Back on the subject of indoor flights for a minute. Here's mine I did after my recent update. (Forgive the mess. We are remodeling part of the house and stuff is all out of place):

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr