DJI Releases New Firmware for the Phantom 3 Standard

Apparently, my RC is up to date, but my aircraft is not. How do I go about updating just the aircraft. (Sorry. I'm sure this is a dumb question for you old timers, but I'm still new at this whole updating thing)...
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1449451927.996030.jpg

Turn off everything. Now turn on your remote controller, the drone, launch DJI Go app. At the top of the app, there is a banner informing you that there is a new firmware. Tap that banner to update.

We are supposed to calibrate the IMU after firmware updates right? Because I just did. However I did not calibrate the compass.

Just calibrate compass before you fly, It is not important for the firmware itself.

Turn off everything. Now turn on your remote controller, the drone, launch DJI Go app. At the top of the app, there is a banner informing you that there is a new firmware. Tap that banner to update.
I did what you said and I get a notice about an Inspire1 download but no banner. Here's what I get:
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1449592459.593134.jpg

i got new problem after upgrade, "no signal" issue that i couldnt see the live video from my phone, and issue about weak rc signal not solved, very bad with this new update, very disappointed.. =(

Can't get the firmware to upgrade over 36%. Keeps stopping there and says it failed. Have tried 5+ times and the same thing keeps happening.

I see this problem with weak gps signal goes back to November 2015 and have read that it goes back to perhaps September of 2015. Do we know what version of firmware that things started going wrong and the date it was first introduced?
I am also worried that my drone has a flaw since i have had it for about 6 weeks. I have read that some do have a flaw like this. How is one to determine if it is firmware problem or a product flaw? Should I return my drone and get a new one and not update the firmware? Will it work with the new android application version of DJI GO?
I this has been a problem since September 2015 and it is now April- that is 7 months. Can we ever expect a fix?

I see this problem with weak gps signal goes back to November 2015 and have read that it goes back to perhaps September of 2015. Do we know what version of firmware that things started going wrong and the date it was first introduced?
I am also worried that my drone has a flaw since i have had it for about 6 weeks. I have read that some do have a flaw like this. How is one to determine if it is firmware problem or a product flaw? Should I return my drone and get a new one and not update the firmware? Will it work with the new android application version of DJI GO?
I this has been a problem since September 2015 and it is now April- that is 7 months. Can we ever expect a fix?

I pretty sure I was the first..

Phantom 3-Std Weak Remote Signal

And Now,,

No signal after update

After the last update in April 2016 I cannot connect the go app to my Phantom 3 standard talk to text support and they said my phone is not compatible with it anymore does anyone know how to set everything back up to factory settings but the Drone Before Christmas worked fine until this last firmware update can anyone help

After the last update in April 2016 I cannot connect the go app to my Phantom 3 standard talk to text support and they said my phone is not compatible with it anymore does anyone know how to set everything back up to factory settings but the Drone Before Christmas worked fine until this last firmware update can anyone help

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

I could be wrong, but I believe you can roll back one firmware version on the quad.
What phone are you using? If you haven't synced your phone, it you should have an older copy of the go app in iTunes you can re-install.

Hold down the Graduation hat, for about 10 seconds, this is before you enter camera view.

Your not going to like this....

No signal after update

Good Luck

Hold down the Graduation hat, for about 10 seconds, this is before you enter camera view.

Your not going to like this....

No signal after update

Good Luck
He is talking about the graduation icon in the first page of the Go app ;)
You have to hold it for a second, then let go.

IMG_2471.jpg
IMG_2472.jpg

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 do you know of any way to reset a phantom 3 standard back to factory settings
I sent you a link from a prior conversation I was having.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31