DJI problem (RESOLVED)

Reaction score
So I got the Standard back that I had to pay to get fixed. If you have followed this saga at all you know how I hate DJI. So check this out, I get it back and power it up. I download the firmware update but my phone won't connect with the aircraft. It shows that is connected with the Phanton_XXXX signal that the aircraft is sending. But then when you open the DJI Go App, it won't cennect to the aircraft even though the WiFi is connected.

I am not suprised. I don't know what to do. I feel like I've been robbed at gunpoint. I sold this drone to my friend for his son. His son is abolutely dying to have this thing and I keep having to come up with excuses why it's broken. I hate DJI. Absolutely would do anything to get all the money I invested into these two drones back. I won't ever fly another DJI drone in my life. I don't care if they sent me a brand new P4 for free. I'd fly it straight into a wall and send it back to them.

Before I sent it, the aircraft still connected with the app. Now it won't connect. Why?

I just got my P3P back. DJI put a new gimbal module in. When I turned everything on it said in the DJI Go App "aircraft not connected", this is because the aircraft was paired with a service controller. They don't say anything, but you need to pair your controller with your aircraft and all will be fine. Turn on iPhone open DJI go app, turn on controller and aircraft. On iPhone go to camera, then at top click controller icon. At the bottom click link aircraft to controller. On side of aircraft near gimbal you will see red light blinking, there is a hole next to the blinking red light. Stick a pencil in, it will send a connect signal. You will be connected.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I mean, that makes sense but did they forget to unpair the **** thing? That's rediculous.

OK. I don't see the blinking red light on the side. I do what you say and the controller beeps and the app has a controller timeout countdown. What gives?

The only light on the camera base is the one that is glowing solid green on the front. But there's no reset hole next to it. And it's on the front. Not the side.

Have you re-paired the RC to the Phantom? I'm guessing this is most likely your problem.

No it isn't. There is a hole next to the light. Go to you tube - enter DJI phantom - pair controller to aircraft -watch the video. Having a visual guide could help

No it isn't. There is a hole next to the light. Go to you tube - enter DJI phantom - pair controller to aircraft -watch the video. Having a visual guide could help

He was right. I figured it out on my own, but he's right. The light is also the button. Thanks for the help.

On the P3S, the light is the button. There is no hole next to the light.

I mean, that makes sense but did they forget to unpair the **** thing? That's rediculous.
Glad you got it going, but did they have your remote and the bird, if they did they should have been paired, if not, the phantom has to paired to something. Yes, just a simple note or sticker (you may need to re-link your remote to your phantom) would help.:rolleyes:

Rod

Yeah. No S.

I kept the controller. I figured they'd bind it to something they had. You would think thy'd put a sticker or a one-sheet note that says to bind it to the controller. Just another thing to irritate me.

Yeah. No S.

I kept the controller. I figured they'd bind it to something they had. You would think thy'd put a sticker or a one-sheet note that says to bind it to the controller. Just another thing to irritate me.
Been there.

If it wasn't for forums, stuff would never get done. I would have had to wait until Monday to get this resolution. And I would have been pissed on all weekend. That's what irritates me. Among other things.

I can't believe I just read this whole thing. Haha

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl