DJI P3 iOS Pilot App Released! It's here now!

When I submitted apps before, it was submitted but if they explicitally are saying its in the status of "In Review" that is the process at which it actually gets reviewed. When our app changed to that status whether it be a new app submission or an update we always got either accepted or rejected within a few hours. Once it was accepted it got changed to "Ready for Sale" which then we could start downloading.
Aweomse glad to hear

That would explain why someone earlier said they talked to DJI and they said it would be released today. Hopefully there is some truth to that
I'm sticking to my story too. I say within 24 hours (fingers crossed!)

That would explain why someone earlier said they talked to DJI and they said it would be released today. Hopefully there is some truth to that

From a previous post the crowd sourced website noted said an average of 9 days for review based over the last 14 days of data provided by developers.

If DJi submitted the app for review today then that's 9 days from today and not within a few hours.

If it ends up being into the week after next I will be livid.

Have you put your iPad in the transmitter holder? If so, how did it feel, weight-wise, using a strap? I'm considering a larger tablet than my iPad Mini 2...

I put my iPad Air on the remote clamp. I had to tighten up the screws in the clamp because it was wobbling a bit, but it seemed fine. I also have a full iPad size sunshade that I tried on there as well. It adds a little bit more weight but the clamp seems to handle it. Its slightly heavy but not awful. A lanyard definitely makes it more comfortable and easy to use... (tho I haven't used the iPad to actually fly it).

Where are people getting this info from saying it was only submitted today?

I put my iPad Air on the remote clamp. I had to tighten up the screws in the clamp because it was wobbling a bit, but it seemed fine. I also have a full iPad size sunshade that I tried on there as well. It adds a little bit more weight but the clamp seems to handle it. Its slightly heavy but not awful. A lanyard definitely makes it more comfortable and easy to use... (tho I haven't used the iPad to actually fly it).
(tho i haven't used the iPad to actually fly it) ----> says everyone ever! lol

Reactions: Cody L. Williams
From a previous post the crowd sourced website noted said an average of 9 days for review based over the last 14 days of data provided by developers.

If DJi submitted the app for review today then that's 9 days from today and not within a few hours.

If it ends up being into the week after next I will be livid.

I seriously doubt it was submitted today. Im sure they have been trying to align the P3 release with the software release, but got some hold ups from Apple. That's what a good Program Manager would do anyway.

Just did a support chat.. of course they know nothing..

Me: When will the Pilot app for iOS be updated?
DJI: yes
DJI: but the time is not sure
DJI: it will be released as soon as possible

Did a second chat and got this answer...

DJI: the time is not sure,we are sincerely sorry for that

Last week they said within the week. Then they said 2-3 days. Now it sounds like they have no clue. Guess I'll be buying an Android device to use temporarily.

Thats what I did. I went to best buy and bought a galaxy tab s to go fly around over the weekend. They said I could return it within 14 days with a receipt so thats what I plan to do.

I can handle delays. The only thing I think would be better is for DJI to be open, transparent and communicate with their "flock" about what is going on. People can usually handle honesty better than nothing or bad info. None of us know what is REALLY going on which is why there is so much speculation. Unless someone at DJI thinks speculation is better than no information from an advertising perspective, I just don't think it bodes well for them as far as their reputation is concerned. But that's just my opinion.

Reactions: cmyk22
I can handle delays. The only thing I think would be better is for DJI to be open, transparent and communicate with their "flock" about what is going on. People can usually handle honesty better than nothing or bad info. None of us know what is REALLY going on which is why there is so much speculation. Unless someone at DJI thinks speculation is better than no information from an advertising perspective, I just don't think it bodes well for them as far as their reputation is concerned. But that's just my opinion.

Yeah, I would much rather prefer that they were transparent with the progress and delayed. Tracking numbers for shipments kind of serve that purpose when you are waiting for a package, and if there is a delay or hold up, it's not a problem because I know where it's held up and etc. It works well for me.

Reactions: manofword
Agreed 100%. I think what's at play here is a company that is facing some serious growing pains. We've got the junction of the right product, with the right price, at just the right time and my guess is they weren't fully prepared for that mix of market forces. Frustrating for sure, but it's an exciting time to be an enthusiast in this space and even more exciting to be selling into it.

Reactions: manofword
Agreed 100%. I think what's at play here is a company that is facing some serious growing pains. We've got the junction of the right product, with the right price, at just the right time and my guess is they weren't fully prepared for that mix of market forces. Frustrating for sure, but it's an exciting time to be an enthusiast in this space and even more exciting to be selling into it.

Yeah I see DJI as beginning to put out products that are increasingly marketable to a broader consumer market and not just the hobbyist niche. They are growing, and will likely continue to grow rapidly for a while.

I just pinged their support page and they said within 3 days it will be released to download.

Thats what I did. I went to best buy and bought a galaxy tab s to go fly around over the weekend. They said I could return it within 14 days with a receipt so thats what I plan to do.

Same here.. picked up the Galaxy Tab A. This thing sucks compared to my iPad though :)

I just pinged their support page and they said within 3 days it will be released to download.

Is that the 2-3 days they have been saying for the last 7? They have no clue and have been giving that info since last week.

Reactions: BigPig
I won't be using anything but an iPad mini. Just a little concerned about visibility of the screen in daylight.

Same here.. picked up the Galaxy Tab A. This thing sucks compared to my iPad though :)

yeah that might be the one i got too. whatever the newest one is. i wanted the fastest processor to eliminate as much lightbridge lag as possible and yes... i can't wait to get the iPad running instead. I'm not really a fan of this samsung tablet at all so far and its been really quirky and glitchy on top of it all.

I won't be using anything but an iPad mini. Just a little concerned about visibility of the screen in daylight.

I got a couple sunshades off of amazon. one is a phone size and one is a full size iPad size. i believe they had some for smaller tablets as well. works pretty well as long as your back isn't toward the sun.

Heehee............. just got the deal on Amazon for the P3P plus 3 batteries, 2 sets of props, prop guards, and a few other goodies for $1599. Won't ship until the end of the month. So hopefully it will be released by then, 'eh?! [emoji469] [emoji624] [emoji322]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cody L. Williams

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl