DJI P3 iOS Pilot App Released! It's here now!

Heehee............. just got the deal on Amazon for the P3P plus 3 batteries, 2 sets of props, prop guards, and a few other goodies for $1599. Won't ship until the end of the month. So hopefully it will be released by then, 'eh?! [emoji469] [emoji624] [emoji322]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That sounds like a good deal. You may also want to check out the combo deal from DronesEtc. P3P, extra bat, video card, hard GoProfessional hard case w/wheels or soft backpack, your choice for $1499. You can order from Amazon and pay the difference to them like I did and still get the 30 day return policy from Amazon.

They can only use the "growing pains" excuse for so long. In my opinion they need to step up to the plate and play in the big boys world at this point. It's one thing for people to complain about shipping timelines it's an entirely different thing to miss a timeline that prevents the use of their $1,360 product for a vast number of customers. I agree mistakes will be made but as someone else noted they should come out with an official statement and updates regarding when the application will be ready. If they're not getting information back from Apple then their update needs to state that.

They can only use the "growing pains" excuse for so long. In my opinion they need to step up to the plate and play in the big boys world at this point. It's one thing for people to complain about shipping timelines it's an entirely different thing to miss a timeline that prevents the use of their $1,360 product for a vast number of customers. I agree mistakes will be made but as someone else noted they should come out with an official statement and updates regarding when the application will be ready. If they're not getting information back from Apple then their update needs to state that.

I agree completely. Honesty and transparency are never out of "style."

I just received shipping confirmation from the dealer. I really hope the app is out before the Phantom arrives. I'd rather fly the thing than pet it.

I Just bought a new sunshade and lanyard while I wait LOL

Can I ask which shade and lanyard you got and where you got it from?

That sounds like a good deal. You may also want to check out the combo deal from DronesEtc. P3P, extra bat, video card, hard GoProfessional hard case w/wheels or soft backpack, your choice for $1499. You can order from Amazon and pay the difference to them like I did and still get the 30 day return policy from Amazon.
Oh! I forgot........ 2 Sandisk 64gb cards come with it too!! And I just got my iPad Air 2 today! I also just remembered I have an old Galaxy Tab 3 somewhere. It's the 8" model. If the copter comes before the app, I'm all set!

Oh! I forgot........ 2 Sandisk 64gb cards come with it too!! And I just got my iPad Air 2 today! I also just remembered I have an old Galaxy Tab 3 somewhere. It's the 8" model. If the copter comes before the app, I'm all set!

Excellent deal! Well done!

I just received shipping confirmation from the dealer. I really hope the app is out before the Phantom arrives. I'd rather fly the thing than pet it.

Can I ask which shade and lanyard you got and where you got it from?

Yes. I got the Ambee sunshade. It's for an inspire 1 but I'm sure it will work. I just got a generic lanyard for 6 bucks

Bad news guys, called the north american support line today. 1-2 weeks, rep could be out to lunch but thats the only official thing I've heard to date. Very disappointed with DJI

Very disappointing, if true. Anyone remember the iOS "Maps" app snafu Apple had on the iPhone or Antenna gate etc? At least, Apple, when it is clear they've messed up do what they can to make it right. (and heads rolled) I truly hope DJI makes a good effort to rectify the situation.

A complete joke. Complete incompetence on DJI's part. We don't buy computers without an OS. We don't buy cars that don't have operational software/firmware. We bought our P3's on good faith that they would actually be functional after they took our money and delivered product.

The fact that we have had zero official communication represents how DJI feels about us, their customers. It's all about market share and sales volume.

I have never seen such incompetence. Customer "service" can't even get their stories to line up from day to day.

I have zero confidence in DJI. I feel "lucky" that I have an old crappy Android device so I can limp my P3P along.

And I'm being polite...

Reactions: kookjo and Fyod
A complete joke. Complete incompetence on DJI's part. We don't buy computers without an OS. We don't buy cars that don't have operational software/firmware. We bought our P3's on good faith that they would actually be functional after they took our money and delivered product.

The fact that we have had zero official communication represents how DJI feels about us, their customers. It's all about market share and sales volume.

I have never seen such incompetence. Customer "service" can't even get their stories to line up from day to day.

I have zero confidence in DJI. I feel "lucky" that I have an old crappy Android device so I can limp my P3P along.

And I'm being polite...

So......how do you REALLY feel about this situation? LOL

So......how do you REALLY feel about this situation? LOL

I tell you how I feel... I'm *this* close to boxing it up and calling my credit card company to dispute the sale as I wasn't delivered what I paid for. Not even close. I wonder what the incompetent leadership at DJI would do if a large number of P3 owners did the same.

I've considered canceling my order as well until things get sorted out. I'm not going to rush into it though. I don't want to make an emotional decision. I'll give it a few days and see what happens. I'm hoping this thread will provide some answers. I wish Blade or Tahoe Ed were able to shed some light. Is it too much to ask for some honest information?

Every time DJI, a rep (or anyone else not from Apple) tells you the app will be available in 2, 3, 9 or x days, you're being lied to. There are 3 possible scenarios for the app not being available:
  1. DJI not ready to submit app. DJI tells users what they can to buy time.
  2. DJI submits app. Apple rejects it finding a big issue. DJI struggling to rework the app.
  3. DJI submits app. Apple rejects it finding an issue. DJI resubmits. Apple finds another issue. Rinse. Lather. Repeat.
The last one is the most likely. In that situation, DJI doesn't know if Apple will find another issue in the next submission requiring another round on the "fix it and resubmit" merry-go-round.

Just wait. The p3 is worth it. When you see the video quality, you will be floored. And after the iOS app comes out, you will forget about all this I'll cancel nonsense. I'm using the crappy motto G right now. I hate android, but it's sooooo much fun. Can wait to fire up the iPad mini

All of this waiting around and researching has actually led me to start eyeballing the Inspire. If the app doesn't come around soon I don't know what might happen....

please hurry! For the sake of my wallet!

Reactions: kookjo

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic