DJI has released the new firmware v3.08 for Phantom 2 series

Re: DJI has released the new firmware v3.08 for Phantom 2 se

robinb said:
AnselA said:
eyecon82 said:
I still dont' see the updated assistant 3.4 that also fixes battery, the website shows it was last updated on 10/28

DJI fixed it, but didn't change the date or version number. Just uninstall "old" 3.4, reload now and install again.

It would if they put an "a" or something at end.

In fact the new one is a smaller file.

where exactly do you get it from? my last two downloads of 3.4 were the 28meg version

I just uninstalled and re downloaded the 3.4 windows version. All looks the same. where do I look for this battery upgrade?

Thanks for co firming jetlag.
Good to know me playing with gimbal sectiom didnt affect it.

justin00 said:
Thanks for co firming jetlag.
Good to know me playing with gimbal sectiom didnt affect it.

No I think you are ok. It actually feels smoother than before, not so jerky

justin00 said:
getting a few less GPS sats as well.. but I need to go flying during the day as they seem to always be reduced in the evening..
GPS sats aren't like day stars that disappear at night. They are there all the time but the number visible will vary slightly with time

justin00 said:
still getting 6-7 so not too bad...
That sounds marginal and much too close to losing sat connection for safe flying.
I had 14 sats yesterday
You really need to do the foil mod.

I was able to test 3.08 tonight after last night's install, and all is well. I had absolutely no problems at all. :D

-slinger

I am getting no option to upgrade batteries. I have SOFTWARE V3.2. Tried with V3.4 but had no luck. Got some controller error in fact. I've noticed my gimbal moves slower too. Something to do with FIRMWARE V3.8?

I did the foil mod and it fixed it perfectly.. no reduction when I record.. and usually get 10+ sats ( where as before would get much less ) However at night is it reduced...as you said can occur.
but yeah I need to test during the day to make sure I get the normal 10+ as I did before update. Sounds like update didn't do anything or others would of noticed it...

Anyways I was closely monitoring it and was just flying it round quite close to myself just doing spins and what not to keep me amused at low alt...if it dropped below 6 would of landed her... in my first few weeks I was like eeeh who needs 6+ but after my no R/C input issue.. will never take off again now with under.

Meta4 said:
justin00 said:
getting a few less GPS sats as well.. but I need to go flying during the day as they seem to always be reduced in the evening..
GPS sats aren't like day stars that disappear at night. They are there all the time but the number visible will vary slightly with time

justin00 said:
still getting 6-7 so not too bad...
That sounds marginal and much too close to losing sat connection for safe flying.
I had 14 sats yesterday
You really need to do the foil mod.

PsychopathRC said:
I am getting no option to upgrade batteries. I have SOFTWARE V3.2. Tried with V3.4 but had no luck. Got some controller error in fact. I've noticed my gimbal moves slower too. Something to do with FIRMWARE V3.8?
It did not automatically update batteries. You have to click on the red or orange linked update text to the right of your battery column. This is on the "Updates" page.

I can't get the battery update to work either.
It shows 2.0 and to the right it is blank where it normally says no updates or latest version.
the battery text is also flashing for a few seconds then stops. odd

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 9.28.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-30 at 9.28.14 PM.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 422

Just a thought ... I wonder if the joystick from a PS2 controller would make a good "center-return pot" to control the camera tilt. Sparkfun and others sell them for just a few bucks.

-- Roger

That's a good idea. Looking forward to seeing how it works!

kelleyre said:
I can't get the battery update to work either.
It shows 2.0 and to the right it is blank where it normally says no updates or latest version.
the battery text is also flashing for a few seconds then stops. odd

I have the phantom assist on PC.
I have 3.2 and 3.4 both installed. You should have desktop icon 3.2 and 3.4.
Prior to the battery update, when I have 3.4 open it looked exactly the image. When I fired up 3.2, it said an update was found for the battery.
Do them 1 at a time and ignore the powering off camera warning unless you have the original vision.
And read up before updating aftermarket batteries.

Thanks mako79 for the info
Its still a no go. Tried both versions of the software, 3.2 and 3.4
What version is the battery at after the update.

Thanks Again

Don't know if this has been mentioned but on DJI's forum they say the battery update is only for "newer" batteries and should not be done on "older" batteries.

justin00 said:
Hmm is the gimbal alot slower now in P2V+ when you manually press ip/down im app ??

It might be something I did.. when upgrading in 3.4 the gimbal section was active for some reason so I was playing with the settings.. mainly the horizontal/vertical.. I increased them both to 30+. Anyways gimbal section dissapeared so im not sure if changing the settings did anything...
Can someone please tell me what changing the vertical/horizontal to full right (30) used to do in previous versions??

Besides the slower movement...which is possibly my imagination it seems to be operating the same..

getting a few less GPS sats aswell.. but I need to go flying during the day as they seem to always be reduced in the evening.. still getting 6-7 so not to bad...
jetlag said:
justin00 said:
Hmm is the gimbal alot slower now in P2V+ when you manually press ip/down im app ??

It might be something I did.. when upgrading in 3.4 the gimbal section was active for some reason so I was playing with the settings.. mainly the horizontal/vertical.. I increased them both to 30+. Anyways gimbal section dissapeared so im not sure if changing the settings did anything...
Can someone please tell me what changing the vertical/horizontal to full right (30) used to do in previous versions??

Besides the slower movement...which is possibly my imagination it seems to be operating the same..

getting a few less GPS sats aswell.. but I need to go flying during the day as they seem to always be reduced in the evening.. still getting 6-7 so not to bad...

Same here, gimbal appears a bit slower and it took it a while to find 8 satellites, but it performed well. All left to do is find the so called new 3.4 so I can upgrade the battery and the Zen Imu update. I will wait for the new TX to arrive to do that one.

There's a camera tilt gain settings in the software. I purposely slowed mine down for smoother video transitions

tpallred said:
Don't know if this has been mentioned but on DJI's forum they say the battery update is only for "newer" batteries and should not be done on "older" batteries.
That's not what I understood from DJI forums... You can update your batteries if the option is available to your battery, but only the newer batteries will benefit from the extra features... Although I'm not yet persuaded, there's plenty of confusion and the explanations are not clear from DJI's part. They even say newer batteries with the auto discharge feature will begin now to ship... hmmm... Also, make sure, if you update your batteries do update your esc controllers as well or you will damage them

Andy

kelleyre said:
Thanks mako79 for the info
Its still a no go. Tried both versions of the software, 3.2 and 3.4
What version is the battery at after the update.

Thanks Again

Just had a run out with the updates on the Vision, plus 9450 props. All was good :)

There's also a nice 'hum' from the props. Rather than the sound of lots of bee's, it sounds like 1 large bee now :D

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z