DJI has released new firmware v3.06 for Phantom 2 series

Mako79 said:
Jeffin916 said:
I am happy yet still highly frustrated. Good news, no more J hook for me on my P2V+, flies straight now! Bad news, I still cannot get FPV in 640 on my Android Note 3. Its choppy and it freezes. 320 works but quality is horrible!

Big kuddos to all that fixed the J hooking, so much better

1. Next time you open her up, check the antennas are both plugged in.
Phantom%20Antenna.jpg

2. Purchase the FPV Booster app below (I have this one):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ster&hl=en
I don't fly distance. I use it because it reduces drop-outs.

If you want a free booster app, use the vision+ utility (I haven't tested):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... lity&hl=en

Thank you, I just took it apart and I disconnected and reconnected the antennas so I will test it tomorrow. I also run a booster everytime a fly. I even tried it without and it was awful. Thank you in advance!!

A PM to whoever you think is hijacking would be a better way to tackle your concern as a mod IMHO. This thread as far as I can see is all to do with the new release or issues arising out if it or connected to it. Why the big red warning Geert?

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

IrishSights said:
A PM to whoever you think is hijacking would be a better way to tackle your concern as a mod IMHO. This thread as far as I can see is all to do with the new release or issues arising out if it or connected to it. Why the big red warning Geert?

(*this applies to all users, not just IrishSights)
Please let the moderators do their job, that is why we are here. There is no second guessing what a mod does. Our decisions are final. Warning inside the thread reminds everyone what is expected as a user of this forum. Please keep this and all threads on topic.

Thanks for your cooperation in our effort to keep the forums clean. organized and civil.

LuvMyTJ said:
IrishSights said:

(*this applies to all users, not just IrishSights)
Please let the moderators do their job, that is why we are here. There is no second guessing what a mod does. Our decisions are final. Warning inside the thread reminds everyone what is expected as a user of this forum. Please keep this and all threads on topic.

Thanks for your cooperation in our effort to keep the forums clean. organized and civil.

Why did you lock the original thread and move it here?

For Phantom 2 users, this function is enabled by default, so Auto Go-home will be activated if the battery level reaches a Low Battery Level Warning. When returning, you may get control back using the remote controller and continue normal flight. If the battery power falls below the Critical Battery Level Warning threshold (red area), the Phantom will automatically start to descend. While descending, you may push up on the throttle to slow the descent and navigate the aircraft to a more suitable landing area. The motors will power off automatically once the Phantom lands.

I thought the the automatic landing at critical battery, 15%, has always been a feature of the phantom 2.

they need to bring back back the low and critical level settings please!!! i think it was not smart for them to take it out. i love the new RTH feature but it be best if you can set it at your your preference. i tried overwriting the low level setting using the 3.0 assistant software but once i power cycle the phantom, it resets back to 20%!

can anyone verify that, say i am about 3/4 mile out and 20% low level RTH feature kicks in, is that enough time to fly back before it hits the 15% and it starts to auto land?

thanks!

rokit said:
they need to bring back back the low and critical level settings please!!! i think it was not smart for them to take it out. i love the new RTH feature but it be best if you can set it at your your preference. i tried overwriting the low level setting using the 3.0 assistant software but once i power cycle the phantom, it resets back to 20%!

can anyone verify that, say i am about 3/4 mile out and 20% low level RTH feature kicks in, is that enough time to fly back before it hits the 15% and it starts to auto land?

thanks!

How far you can get back depends on many factors such as the wind, humidity, altitude/air pressure, flight mode, etc. In my view, it would be very risky to attempt even under the best of circumstances.

I got another problem with phantom compass - azimuth. If i read azimuth from IOSD i get about 10 degrees difference compare to suunto compass. Does anyone know how to calibrate phantom compass to get accurate degrees. Thanks.

DId some RTH testing to day to confirm if any thing has changed in the heights. Went up to 183 feet then down to about 135 and flipped it in to fail safe and it came back at 135 feet retook control and then lowered it to 40 feet and flew it away and put it in to fail safe and it climbed to 66 feet and made a bee line back to the home point. So if any one was wondering if any thing has changed I can say its defiantly is the same as its been and has not been changed.

helishmeli said:
Why did you lock the original thread and move it here?
Im no mod but I think this is the original thread as I think it was posted by a DJI rep...could be wrong. All P2's are affected so I see the point of there being one thread and it being here.

J.James said:
DId some RTH testing to day to confirm if any thing has changed in the heights. Went up to 183 feet then down to about 135 and flipped it in to fail safe and it came back at 135 feet retook control and then lowered it to 40 feet and flew it away and put it in to fail safe and it climbed to 66 feet and made a bee line back to the home point. So if any one was wondering if any thing has changed I can say its defiantly is the same as its been and has not been changed.

I dont want to keep going in circles but did you try to set a new home point at a higher altitude?

samd012 said:
J.James said:

I dont want to keep going in circles but did you try to set a new home point at a higher altitude?

...and which Phantom?

AnselA said:
...and which Phantom?

This was the point of the other thread in the P2 (non-vision) forum. The mod felt the need to lock that one and lump all of them together so we can sift through all the posts to find the ones relative to our model. But they are not to be second guessed.

and which Phantom?

this was with the phantom 2 vision.

nope did do that but being it sets the home points height at what ever level its at when you reset it I would have to think it would still also work by going to 20meters or 66 feet above that point.

One other thing I did notice is when its trying to land its self it does come down different when its trying to land its self. its a little shaky and seems to come down faster then if I'm landing manually. But it didnt seem like any thing that would cause to worry about the VRS But One thing I wish i had done was to fly it with the earlier version of the naza and the app cause I only just got my vision I was restoring ready to fly the night before the new soft ware came out so I just took the plunge after seeing others saying it seemed ok and updated before doing any test flights but now I cant really say how it compares to the earlier versions. But I wish I did now just to see if the new version is why my new re700 range extender is only giving me about 525 meters before I lose my video others have mentioned some thing about losing range. and before being able to going far enough away to lose control signal without losing there video.

Rok said:
I got another problem with phantom compass - azimuth. If i read azimuth from IOSD i get about 10 degrees difference compare to suunto compass. Does anyone know how to calibrate phantom compass to get accurate degrees. Thanks.

How do you read phantom compass from IOSD with FW version 3.06?

Hey guys.
Did my upgrade about 2days ago and around that same time I received my 8turn helical and went out for some Action.
I was able to get out to about 1300m with an ok signal at around 60% power but the phantom 2 automatically kept going into Ghome mode which hindered me from actuLly testing the max distance with my new antenna. Each time it returned I had about 39% power left. Now this has me thinking:
I know with this new upgrade (by default) the unit determines the amount of power needed to return and does just that.
Problem is that with it in these settings u cannot push it to the limits.

I have noticed the unit is more stable and gives me more confidence knowing that it has a mind of its own. (Hmmm)
All in all I do recommend this upgrade, it's not as silly as the previous. For those that are having the problem with the upgrade coming up: you need to install the 3.0 version first.

Keep it in the air guys.

All the way from Trinidad & Tobago

Why don't you lock the case threads and tablet threads and prop guard threads and etc if your thinking like this. Maybe it's just me but of all the redundant threads why worry about this ?

Mori55 said:
Why don't you lock the case threads and tablet threads and prop guard threads and etc if your thinking like this. Maybe it's just me but of all the redundant threads why worry about this ?
I have seen strange moderator behavior on this forum too

rokit said:

thanks!

wait, i thought you cans till customize the low and critical levels. are you saying you cant anymore?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor