DJI has released new firmware v3.06 for Phantom 2 series

macheung said:
It isn't always about long range, but speed us also necessary to film fast moving objects like boats and jet skis. I am disappointed that dji added this restriction without notice and refused to give us the freedom to choose. That is precisely the reason I am moving over to Walkera's h500 instead.

Agree with you 100% - if DJI was concerned for newer pilots and wanted to throttle it down by default, no problem...but leave the option in the software for advanced pilots to choose what they want, especially since many people bought it without the restrictions.

macheung said:
It isn't always about long range, but speed us also necessary to film fast moving objects like boats and jet skis. I am disappointed that dji added this restriction without notice and refused to give us the freedom to choose. That is precisely the reason I am moving over to Walkera's h500 instead.

I didn't know walkera finally released the tali, I wonder if it will hurt dji a lot.

ToddSmi said:
macheung said:

Agree with you 100% - if DJI was concerned for newer pilots and wanted to throttle it down by default, no problem...but leave the option in the software for advanced pilots to choose what they want, especially since many people bought it without the restrictions.

Totally agree. Provide a similar warning when switching to Naza Mode in Assistant and give us the variables and overrides on GPS and ATTI mode for angle (speed) and controller yaw gain (for those of us who care about aerial video and don't want to induce nausea in viewers and don't have robotic left thumbs).

Add variables we can override!

I was finally able to do an extended test of 3.06 last night. Once out in the field, I realized I didn't have the device (SeaSucker vacuum connector) to connect my tablet to my TX. I tried swapping back over to the standard clamp to use my iPhone 5S, but I couldn't get the damned thing off without a wrench. So... I flew LOS only. Kind of interesting...

I usually get seven satellites in this field but wound up with nine and got them a lot quicker than with previous firmware. The bird's hover was MUCH more stable than it's been.

This is the first time I've ever just put down the tablet and flown totally LOS and it was actually a lot of fun. It almost felt like I was flying a Hubsan around and was marginally tempted to put 'er in manual mode... :shock:

So far... nice job on this firmware... I REALLY like the new battery bar at the top of the screen. All I need now is an RE700 extender and I'll be able to see the extender voltage too... :D

-slinger

urgno said:
rokit said:
I read somewhere that it doesn't play nice with 10.6? please correct me if I'm wrong.
indeed ... with 10.6 (Snow Leopard) crash immediately on launch :evil:

I'm running OSX 10.8.5 on my MacBook Pro and version 3.2 of the Assist software crashes for me every time also. Anyone having any success?

I updated my Phantom to 3.04 using the previous version of the Assist Software, but not able to upgrade to 3.06 because I understand it requires 3.2 Assist Software. I guess I will just sit at 3.04 until DJI updates the Assist software so it doesn't crash.

RedRyderMedia said:
I'm running OSX 10.8.5 on my MacBook Pro and version 3.2 of the Assist software crashes for me every time also. Anyone having any success?

I updated my Phantom to 3.04 using the previous version of the Assist Software, but not able to upgrade to 3.06 because I understand it requires 3.2 Assist Software. I guess I will just sit at 3.04 until DJI updates the Assist software so it doesn't crash.

I had no issues with my Mac running 10.9.4. Update your Mac and try again.

RedRyderMedia said:

I think I had it crash once on 10.9.2. P2 started beeping loudly while flashing red.

Mori55 said:
Spammer go pedal somewhere else. I've seen you in a couple of threads now.
He has been warned. Please report that type of post if you see it. Thank you.

Since ive updated the firmware, I find I cant calibrate the vision properly. I can do the horizontal rotation but get no option to do the vertical one. It just goes straight to the sat lock. I used to be able to do both calibrations at the same time.

This is using the app option, and also flicking the switch. Have DJI changed things?? :?

*edit*

Nevermind, I was having an elderly moment. It's all good!

LuvMyTJ said:
RedRyderMedia said:

I had no issues with my Mac running 10.9.4. Update your Mac and try again.
Thanks.....I have been putting the upgrade to 10.9 off because I expecting some problems with some legacy software......I may have to just make the move.

RedRyderMedia said:
Thanks.....I have been putting the upgrade to 10.9 off because I expecting some problems with some legacy software......I may have to just make the move.

I hear ya, most things went smoothly for me going to 10.9. I can't say the same for the new Yosemite 10.10 I am beta testing on my Macbook Air. It is a bit different to say the least.

BlackTracer said:
adamcb said:
I am trying to download the new DJI Vision app for my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (which I bought specifically for flying) and it is saying the new app is not compatible with my device.

Anyone else having this issue?

Adam

Just look at the play store at the dji-vision page, it gives you a link to the apk for just this issue!

Try this link on your Galaxy. It worked for my Galaxy Tab 10.1 http://m.dji.net/djivision

GustavL said:
BlackTracer said:
adamcb said:
I am trying to download the new DJI Vision app for my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (which I bought specifically for flying) and it is saying the new app is not compatible with my device.

Adam

Just look at the play store at the dji-vision page, it gives you a link to the apk for just this issue!

Try this link on your Galaxy. It worked for my Galaxy Tab 10.1 http://m.dji.net/djivision

I went that way as well the link is also on the app store and it work fine for me

GustavL said:
BlackTracer said:
adamcb said:

Adam

The app is also at http://www.droneslinger.com/software.html

i updated my firmware to 3.06 and 2 out of 4 batteries now it says "No dji battery" on the assistant.Going back to previous firmware all 4 batteries work with no problem in the assistant.
Anybody had similar experience with the new firmware and does anybody know how to correct this situation. All my 4 batteries are new under 6 flights and they are original DJI.

Well, I updated to v3.06 and I have to say I am very pleased with it. My P2V is much more stable in hover and doesn't tend to wander within a 2-3 foot circle. The only thing I am waiting on is the Android app that PVFlyer is working on to add the 7th channel slider functionality back into our using v3.06.

conprot said:
i updated my firmware to 3.06 and 2 out of 4 batteries now it says "No dji battery" on the assistant.Going back to previous firmware all 4 batteries work with no problem in the assistant.
Anybody had similar experience with the new firmware and does anybody know how to correct this situation. All my 4 batteries are new under 6 flights and they are original DJI.

I had the same issue. Someone else suggested reseating the battery firmly, and checking the contacts. I pulled it out and reset it, and all was good.

Jon

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor