DJI has released new firmware v3.06 for Phantom 2 series

BlackTracer said:
Andy T said:
ddublu said:
I updated to 3.06 and after the power cycle I got a CFG-ERR pop up..It says "configuration error, this may cause by firmware upgrade from old version.or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter,and power cycle your controller and check all of the parameters." Anyone else experience this? How should I proceed?
I think I had that too... I just calibrated the sticks and probably power cycled and it went away.

Me too. I got the message. I cal'd the TX and the message went away. I power cycled multiple times and I did an advanced IMU somewhere in the process. Nonetheless the message didn't come back and mine flys like a champ!

Thanks, folks. My X1 switch isnt moving the gimbal at all. Very strange. Anyone else experiencing that? I saw a post on page 10 but haven't heard anything else about it and dont think I saw resolution.

csivet said:
hi,
i ve upgraded my software to 3.2. but there is no any newest firmware under the software. i'm using mac.

1.tiff

2.tiff

Same issue and it won't let me log in. If I go to the DJI website my login works fine. :|

EDIT: after disconnecting my P2 from my Mac I was able to log in. I quit the app, plugged the P2 back into my Mac and restarted the app. I was able to log in and then it allowed the upgrade.

BlackTracer said:
Andy T said:
ddublu said:
I updated to 3.06 and after the power cycle I got a CFG-ERR pop up..It says "configuration error, this may cause by firmware upgrade from old version.or abnormal Tx calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter,and power cycle your controller and check all of the parameters." Anyone else experience this? How should I proceed?
I think I had that too... I just calibrated the sticks and probably power cycled and it went away.

Me too. I got the message. I cal'd the TX and the message went away. I power cycled multiple times and I did an advanced IMU somewhere in the process. Nonetheless the message didn't come back and mine flys like a champ!

Yup, same here..........you need to do both the Phantom and the Transmitter. I've flown 5 batteries and everything is A OK. I've also noticed I now get a constant 10-11 SATs, for the last 4 months it was normally 8-9

Just installed the "Phantom 2 Vision+ Assistant Software v3.2" (new PC with W7, no possibility of confusion with any previous versions of the Assistant), connected the P2V+, logged in with DJI credentials, but NO UPDATES reported at all... :?:

yeah i can not log in via software too. :/

is there anyone who can upgrade firmware to the new one under mac os ?

LuvMyTJ said:
csivet said:
hi,
i ve upgraded my software to 3.2. but there is no any newest firmware under the software. i'm using mac.

1.tiff

2.tiff

Same issue and it won't let me log in. If I go to the DJI website my login works fine. :|

Andy T said:
ddublu said:

I didn't even calibrate; I just power-cycled again and no message. Flew it 20 minutes later with no ill effects.

I had the message which did disappear when I power cycled.

However when I plugged it back into my computer and went to tools it told me to do IMU cal.

This new up date must of did some thing for the GPS. I now show 5 sats while inside my house. Its never gotten any before. and also when I put my hand on the top and pick it up it only dropped down to 4. normally if outside showing 8 or 9 just putting my hand over the top would block the reception and show 4 or 5 till I take my hand away.

Yesterday after I upgradeD everything worked fine got the low battery RTH pop up message. Today it doesn't pop up just the red border and horn I have RTH checked for low battery. Any ideas?
Also in ground station I can only see standard maps not sat view. I cached them in sat view. Is this normal ?

BlackTracer said:
srandall25 said:
Two questions:

1) Is there anyway to adjust the level of battery percentage required before the Phantom does an auto land?
2) Is there any way to avoid the phantom doing an auto land once it reaches 30% or below?

I really don't want to update if I have to worry about the Phantom auto landing when I'm at 25% battery life.

The phantom will auto land when the battery reaches 15%, not 30% or 25%. The guy that was saying 30 and 25 did not have the same telemetry as the vision or vision +. He has a P2 with iOSD. His iOSD was lying about the battery percentage is my guess.

I can verify because I did it last night, that the phantom auto lands at 15%. No sooner.

The problem I have with this whole automated "Go Home And Land" is you are putting all the trust into the phantom to estimate this out correctly. It does it by figuring out distance from home. When I tested it, it was about 100' away and 30' up. It popped the return question at 23% battery. It made it home, but I only had about 18% left when it got there. Too close for me. I don't want this to control me when I am much further out. Don't trust it. Imagine it autolanding in trees or worse because it knew nothing of the 20 mph headwind it was facing.

Interesting response back from DJI customer support on these same two questions... Here is their response:

"1) Is there anyway to adjust the level of battery percentage required before the Phantom does an auto land?
Yes, you can change it by connecting phantom to the configuration in RC assistant software and adjust this percentage in the software.

2) Is there any way to avoid the phantom doing an auto land once it reaches 30% or below?
Auto landing only happens when battery drops to 5%. It is impossible to get rid of this auto land. This is to protect the phantom.
"
Reports in this forum have stated that the battery percentage required for auto land cannot be changed. Also, he/she states that auto landing only happens when battery drops to 5%, not the reported 15% from the user above. Is this DJI support rep really wrong on both answers to my only two questions?

gr8pics said:
Pull_Up said:
gr8pics said:
NEVER upgrade if your machine works fine!
If your aircraft is flying fine but has an unpatched potentially critical bug that only comes into play in certain circumstances then not updating to the fixed version would be bizarre

Well, then its not working fine, is it? [emoji6]
I believe his point was that just because it's working fine at the time, doesn't mean it's not worth upgrading... other features may make it worth it as well.

from all can tell from looking at all the settings in the ap and in the new naza assistant. There no longer any way to change the battery % setting only if you want to turn rth on low battery on or off. or any thing that shows any thing about the 5% thing. Tho that must just be hidden like the hidden 3rd level of 10% was in the last version of the naza assistant. Tho 5% auto land seems to be cutting it down real close esp with the lower max descent speed. If some one is up high I could see it going to zero before its down and then its just going to do a rock impression and drop out of he sky.

another thing I dont seem to be able to find that is mentioned when the new assistant was installed is the new ability to change the default RTH height.

So I wonder if dji ever actually flys any of there stuff or really know what the heck they are talking about sometimes.

I really believe it should be a requirement that a DJI customer support rep should be an actual user/owner of their products... or at least trained on their products. I remember calling DJI customer support as a noob a while back asking why I couldn't see the IOC settings in the assistant software... the guy couldn't figure it out... I later figured out on my own that it was because you had to be in NAZA mode to see the settings. Any true user or trained rep should have known this. Now I can give some benefit of the doubt for not knowing, but giving what appears to be mis-information is another story...

srandall25 said:
Interesting response back from DJI customer support on these same two questions... Here is their response:

"1) Is there anyway to adjust the level of battery percentage required before the Phantom does an auto land?
Yes, you can change it by connecting phantom to the configuration in RC assistant software and adjust this percentage in the software.

Auto landing only happens when battery drops to 5%. It is impossible to get rid of this auto land. This is to protect the phantom.
"
Reports in this forum have stated that the battery percentage required for auto land cannot be changed. Also, he/she states that auto landing only happens when battery drops to 5%, not the reported 15% from the user above. Is this DJI support rep really wrong on both answers to my only two questions?

Yes the tech is wrong on both counts. And giving them the benefit of the doubt, a poor typist as well. 1) The RC assistant has ZERO to do with this. The tech meant PC assistant, and that is true but in an older version of the assistant, not 3.2. 2) Technician typo'd again. We all know the limit is 15%.

If these were from a verbal convo, then 1) same answer. 2) Tech is just plain wrong.

srandall25 said:
I really believe it should be a requirement that a DJI customer support rep should be an actual user/owner of their products... or at least trained on their products.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your kidding right!!!. I have (2) 2 million plus digital printers and (1) 500K CNC / Router. I know 10X more about the machines than our sales rep who's been with the company for 10 years does, 5X as much as the tech's do and twice as much as most of the engineers in the US about it.

Question:

When I downloaded Phantom 2 Assistant 3.2 from the DJI website, it downloaded a file entitled "DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant 3.2".

Does this file work for the non-vision Phantom 2 or just the Phantom 2 Vision series?

I have a non-Vision model.

BlackTracer said:
srandall25 said:

"

Yes the tech is wrong on both counts. And giving them the benefit of the doubt, a poor typist as well. 1) The RC assistant has ZERO to do with this. The tech meant PC assistant, and that is true but in an older version of the assistant, not 3.2. 2) Technician typo'd again. We all know the limit is 15%.

If these were from a verbal convo, then 1) same answer. 2) Tech is just plain wrong.
I literally cut and pasted his comments from the email.. Thanks for the feedback. I'll be sure to repond to the rep appropriately.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter in South Jersey