DJI has released new firmware v3.06 for Phantom 2 series

Assuming you are not really old, install the new assistant, plug the actual Phantom into the computer. Start application and follow instructions. Thats all.

Thanks, I am not terribly old, but not sure my age has to do with it...... j/k. I didn't do the last update or two, but guess, I really need to update sometime soon. I hated to update when things work so well with what I have already. Still gun shy after the January camera update that killed my camera.

ProfessorStein said:
AnselA said:
ProfessorStein said:
Yes... absolutely it does. I do it all the time.

Have you done it using 3.06? I did not succeed using 3.04.

I have not yet upgraded to 3.06... all my testing was on 3.04, and it worked perfectly for me.
When you say you did not succeed, do you mean you were unable to get the LEDs to flash to confirm a new home point? Or something else?

Something else, reset did not reset the home location altitude. There's number of threads about it on this forum.

I just expected your response was related to the topic.

EricT said:
AnselA said:
EricT said:
Is there a repository of the past DJI firmware updates, such that if I update to v3.06 and am not pleased I can revert back to a previous version? TIA.

Keep previous Vision Assistant versions, then you can revert to previous FW version.

And if I was foolish enough not to do that? Where can one lay their hands (internet speaking) on them?

http://www.droneslinger.com/software.html

-slinger

EricT said:
Thanks for your link Gunslinger!

My pleasure... I should have 3.04 up there tonight... As soon as I upgrade... :shock: :D

-slinger

AnselA said:
Slinger, do you need 1.0.52.apk?

I'm just downloading it now... I'll put it up on the website as well...

Thanks...
-slinger

BlackTracer said:
srandall25 said:
Two questions:

1) Is there anyway to adjust the level of battery percentage required before the Phantom does an auto land?
2) Is there any way to avoid the phantom doing an auto land once it reaches 30% or below?

I really don't want to update if I have to worry about the Phantom auto landing when I'm at 25% battery life.

The phantom will auto land when the battery reaches 15%, not 30% or 25%. The guy that was saying 30 and 25 did not have the same telemetry as the vision or vision +. He has a P2 with iOSD. His iOSD was lying about the battery percentage is my guess.

I can verify because I did it last night, that the phantom auto lands at 15%. No sooner.

The problem I have with this whole automated "Go Home And Land" is you are putting all the trust into the phantom to estimate this out correctly. It does it by figuring out distance from home. When I tested it, it was about 100' away and 30' up. It popped the return question at 23% battery. It made it home, but I only had about 18% left when it got there. Too close for me. I don't want this to control me when I am much further out. Don't trust it. Imagine it autolanding in trees or worse because it knew nothing of the 20 mph headwind it was facing.
Thanks, that's a big help. I sure wish there was a way to disable the auto land at 15% or over ride it...

srandall25 said:
BlackTracer said:
srandall25 said:
Two questions:

1) Is there anyway to adjust the level of battery percentage required before the Phantom does an auto land?
2) Is there any way to avoid the phantom doing an auto land once it reaches 30% or below?

I really don't want to update if I have to worry about the Phantom auto landing when I'm at 25% battery life.

The phantom will auto land when the battery reaches 15%, not 30% or 25%. The guy that was saying 30 and 25 did not have the same telemetry as the vision or vision +. He has a P2 with iOSD. His iOSD was lying about the battery percentage is my guess.

I can verify because I did it last night, that the phantom auto lands at 15%. No sooner.

The problem I have with this whole automated "Go Home And Land" is you are putting all the trust into the phantom to estimate this out correctly. It does it by figuring out distance from home. When I tested it, it was about 100' away and 30' up. It popped the return question at 23% battery. It made it home, but I only had about 18% left when it got there. Too close for me. I don't want this to control me when I am much further out. Don't trust it. Imagine it autolanding in trees or worse because it knew nothing of the 20 mph headwind it was facing.
Thanks, that's a big help. I sure wish there was a way to disable the auto land at 15% or over ride it...

So you could let your battery die in the air? When its in autoland you sill have control and can throttle up still to force a bit more fly time out of it. but you will be taxing the **** outta your battery at that point as well

srandall25 said:
You can turn it off in the assistant, but in any case it warns you on the screen before initiating, and you have ten seconds to cancel.
I thought I would leave it on for now. I've always landed by 20% remaining anyway.
There probably is a risk some users will have it normal practice to fly until it kicks in the auto return.

4wd said:
srandall25 said:
You can turn it off in the assistant, but in any case it warns you on the screen before initiating, and you have ten seconds to cancel.
I thought I would leave it on for now. I've always landed by 20% remaining anyway.
There probably is a risk some users will have it normal practice to fly until it kicks in the auto return.

hes not talkin about the smart auto return to home... which is only for the vision, and would happen prior to the first and second battery warning.

srandall25 said:
I think increasing throttle to 90% overrides it

Anyone else notice...I can only left swipe and get to Ground Station when not connected to the Phantom Wifi. If I left swipe when connected nothing happens, even though the setting for GS station is checked in the app...

Edit I see at least one other posted same problem. I am using a Note 2.

I figured out how to get Ground Station to work when connected to the Phantom...

Old Gazer please confirm if it works for you.

When connected to aircraft, in the camera view, start the left swipe at the sd card icon to the sat icon and then start left...will work every time for me. Before this update I could swipe left anywhere on the screen to get to GS...If I am now connected to the aircraft I can start the left swipe from anywhere...seem like a software bug.

HTH

The good news is that's just the app. If it IS a bug, they should be able to patch it and send an update and you won't have to do anything.

But it definitively sounds like you need to tell 'em about it, or it might not get fixed.

Definitely sounds strange.

DBSAM said:
I figured out how to get Ground Station to work when connected to the Phantom...

Old Gazer please confirm if it works for you.

When connected to aircraft, in the camera view, start the left swipe at the sd card icon to the sat icon and then start left...will work every time for me. Before this update I could swipe left anywhere on the screen to get to GS...If I am now connected to the aircraft I can start the left swipe from anywhere...seem like a software bug.

HTH

Yes, that works for me. Thanks DBSAM!

You are welcome.

I don't notice any changes in the yaw stability before and after the firmware update. When I yaw left or right the aircraft will run away a bit. I have not adjusted gains at all. Sticks are calibrated and compass as well.

I have read a few posts that people get better yaw stability. I am using a Vision +...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka