DJI GEO Coming to Your P3 Soon

DJI are planning to free up the regulation that already applies to the Phantom 3 - not increase it.
Right now there are owners that can't turn on their Phantoms to do a simple check flight in their back yard because they live within one of the numerous (and sometimes invalid) mapped NFZs.
There are professionals that can get all the appropriate approvals but can't do a completely legal flight because of the existing regulation enforcement in the P3 or Inspire.
What DJI is proposing is to reduce this level of enforcement and give the owner some ability to determine if it is safe for them to fly rather than simply locking them out with no way to do a completely safe and legal flight.

Agreed. BTW and really quick. I really like your photo website. You definitely know how to take advantage of good lighting. Where is that shipping port and are you using any particular filters?

Agreed. BTW and really quick. I really like your photo website. You definitely know how to take advantage of good lighting. Where is that shipping port and are you using any particular filters?
**Thanks** The port shots are mostly from Newcastle, Australia and a couple from Adelaide and Hobart. And I don't use any filters but do a few adjustments in Photoshop.

Reactions: Mario_SB
Shorter response here for those who either have little patience or short attention spans...

Forget the purpose I may have bought my P3P for. That is not for you to decide. I am finding great use for it already - doing pretty much what I have described.

All I am suggesting is that there is hope for DJI to lift dumb limits, primarily the HEIGHT ABOVE HOME POINT limit.

Even simpler example: I can fly my P3P out to 4km and back above LEVEL ground at up to 400m above ground - not because the ground is LEVEL but because the firmware is calculating its height relative to the altitude of the home point. Forget what I might be recording during that trip, ok.

With me so far?

Now, why can I fly that simple route but NOT be able to fly my P3P out to 4 km and back where the landscape actually slopes evenly upward to a point where at 4km away it is now 405m (or whatever the current value enforced by the firmware) above the altitude of my home point? Even if I am flying the UAV only 30m above ground during the flight?

Facilement compréhensible

Again, my point is that if DJI has built the technology and infrastructure to do this 2nd generation NFZ, then it most certainly has the ability to move beyond its 1st generation implementation of other flight limits, most notably height relative to home point (1st generation) vs height above ground (2nd generation).

Except that the phantom doesn't fly safely at 4km, not because of DJI limitations but because the 2.4 Ghz link is not supposed to operate that far. You know that don't you?
Except that you don't have the autonomy range to do it and come back. Is it that difficult to understand?
Except that you would loose all FPV. Beyond the mountains, no more tv...
Except that the aviation rules do not authorise you to do it. "Facilement comprehensible" or you need a drawing?
In terms of software implementations DJI is probably way more qualified than you to decide with the knowledge of many parameters you have no clue about, what features to implement that will fit the general public, their actual customers, and not dreamers thinking about ridiculous modifications that would turn the phantom to some kind of prototype working beyond its capabilities, that will create even more complaints about dropping off, flyaways etc. (mostly due to unreasonable operators fault by the way.)
You seem ignoring the CAA/FAA rules as well. You are not authorised to do what you are talking about here. Probably in your world you can fly anywhere you want. (When you are at 4km away I suppose you're still on your property.???)
I could not care less why you got a phantom 3, when reasonably this is not the machine you need. You can by a dozen of them and make them fly together if you like! I was just trying to help a newbie who needs a lot of education about drones. You don't like it, I don't give a rat, I have no problem in using mines, and if they were not fitting the purpose, I would look somewhere else.

Since you have no clue about how this one works and for what prupose it is sold to the public but still insist in your delirium,
Since you seem not caring a minute about laws and regulations, I wonder why I am wasting my time with someone trying to fit a V8 5.0 Litre in his Ford Fiesta.
No need to answer to repeat again the same nonsense, I don't think you interest anyone with this.

Last edited:
Except that the phantom doesn't fly safely at 4km, not because of DJI limitations but because the 2.4 Ghz link is not supposed to operate that far. You know that don't you?
Except that you don't have the autonomy range to do it and come back. Is it that difficult to understand?
Except that the aviation rules do not authorise you to do it. "Facilement comprehensible" or you need a drawing?
In terms of software implementations DJI is probably way more qualified than you to decide with the knowledge of many parameters you have no clue about, what features to implement that will fit the general public, their actual customers, and not dreamers thinking about ridiculous modifications that would turn the phantom to some kind of prototype working beyond its capabilities, that will create even more complaints about dropping off, flyaways etc. (mostly due to unreasonable operators fault by the way.)
You seem ignoring the CAA/FAA rules as well. You are not authorised to do what you are talking about here. Probably in your world you can fly anywhere you want. (When you are at 4km away I suppose you're still on your property.???)
I could not care less why you got a phantom 3, when reasonably this is not the machine you need. You can by a dozen of them and make them fly together if you like! I was just trying to help a newbie who needs a lot of education about drones. You don't like it, I don't give a rat, I have no problem in using mines, and if they were not fitting the purpose, I would look somewhere else.

Since you have no clue about how this one works and for what prupose it is sold to the public but still insist in your delirium,
Since you seem not caring a minute about laws and regulations, I wonder why I am wasting my time with someone trying to fit a V8 5.0 Litre in his Ford Fiesta.
No need to answer to repeat again the same nonsense, I don't think you interest anyone with this.

Interesting.

Reactions: Damocleez
I think DJI is taking the right step at regulating itself before the government does it for them. Think about that for a moment. It's all about accountability and it's a step in the right direction.
So know we'll have private industry AND Government regulating us. Guess we're out of the regulating business for ourselves.

That's some serious "Big Brother Stuff". We don't need anymore.

Thank you ,Oh masterful educator of those not worthy of your wisdom. And by the way, Check your use of misspelled words in your ridiculous rant and stop trying to mold minds in your egocentric, borderline, psychotic manner. Basically you're an *******. Thanks for listenin'.

tumblr_nozbavrxe51ro8ysbo1_500.gif
Full moon tonight-whow-- you cant make it up.

That's some serious "Big Brother Stuff". We don't need anymore.

Thank you ,Oh masterful educator of those not worthy of your wisdom. And by the way, Check your use of misspelled words in your ridiculous rant and stop trying to mold minds in your egocentric, borderline, psychotic manner. Basically you're an *******. Thanks for listenin'.
I'm not ranting, I'm explaining stuff to someone who has trouble to know what to do with his drone. Why don't you mind your own business if you don't know what it's about? Or is it beyond your comprehension too?
Maybe you could explain yourself? what are you trying to say sunshine?

Someone in this thread has been given a short vacation from participating here. Let's keep this civil, please.

Thanks...
-slinger

It's always the guy that fights back that gets called for the penalty...just saying. If you follow the thread, in my opinion, sergekouper was somewhat justified based on the tone of huntjock's post, when he referenced those with some "short" comings in certain categories, such as patience, etc... However, assuming anyone with the word "jock" in their user name would drive a Ford Fiesta is striking a little too hard and probably below the belt...again, just my opinion... lol

Wow. Just spent an hour reading this thread. Couple of questions. 1. If i unlock a nfz for my p3, does the unlock 'stick' for that zone? Or would I have to unlock it every time I fly? 2. If schools and Universities are on the nfz, would the students and faculty working on designing all the neat new toys we want be able to test them too?

Wow. Just spent an hour reading this thread. Couple of questions. 1. If i unlock a nfz for my p3, does the unlock 'stick' for that zone? Or would I have to unlock it every time I fly? 2. If schools and Universities are on the nfz, would the students and faculty working on designing all the neat new toys we want be able to test them too?
You'll have to wait to see how it's implemented when it comes out.
Schools and universities have not been mentioned so far.

I understand that national parks are not an aviation priority but why should they have ANY consideration at all? Maybe for fires I guess.

I like the opt out feature as well. That way when people do get permission to fly somewhere that is normally not allowed they can.

Dji advertises safe and easy to fly with a range of 5km ! You do know that right????lol
Chrome_20151128_223340.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ParsnipHysorter
Dji advertises safe and easy to fly with a range of 5km ! You do know that right????lolView attachment 36768
So if the ad says so... BTW, forgot to read the small print? usually this is the most important ! You know that any obstacle in the line of sight, even at 300m away will break the connection don't you? of course you know that. But please tell us all about your personal experience in flying at 5km away from your RC. Personally I have never tried and I am always keen to learn something new.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
So if the ad says so... BTW, forgot to read the small print? usually this is the most important ! You know that any obstacle in the line of sight, even at 300m away will break the connection don't you? of course you know that. But please tell us all about your personal experience in flying at 5km away from your RC. Personally I have never tried and I am always keen to learn something new.:rolleyes:
Flawless everytime!! Can you show me of evidence that shows a long range flight ending bad. What's dangerous is people flying around buildings and places where they shouldn't be. Such as the thanksgiving day parade . I support the geofence . I think it's a great idea.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl