DJI complete website

Reaction score
I am hoping that someday, someone, somewhere, will come up with a Website that is both comprehensive and easily understandable concerning DJI products. We all search for solutions to problems we have with our respective Phantoms, Inspires or what have you from DJI. DJI severely restricts their dealers on what they can do as far as repairs and replacements. We have forums such as this, but you have to search and search for a solution to any problem you might have. DJI does an extremely poor job of providing product support as most of us can attest to. There are almost no definitive video's from DJI that fully illustrate, step by step, a multitude of processes. They tell you how in writing, but do not show you "Exactly" how in a Video. You often see people in this forum suggest YouTube and that is great for many problems, but DJI is not taking the lead and doing this themselves, which, for the money we all spend, they should be doing. There should be no question as to how to download and install firmware with any new DJI product if a video was released at the same time showing everyone exactly how to do it. Not leave it up to people to post to YouTube, which is actually a rip off if you come to think of it.
DJI has some great products, but even they will admit that lemons do make it through the production or manufacturing process and it is due to poor product support and an unwillingness by DJI to allow their dealers, large or small, to help the end consumer without corporate approval. Trust is not something DJI believes in it would seem otherwise they would trust their worldwide dealers to do what is right by the customer. Look at their warranty info and timelines for customers, customers are basically screwed in many regards. Not all problems show up right away and if they put out a bad firmware update, customers are screwed over even more. These are just my thoughts and I put them out there for everyone to consider and hopefully, DJI will do a better job in the future of supporting customers and their dealers.

GM doesnt make videos on how to change the oil, start the car, much less open the door. Granted there are problems, but people helping people is the way of the world. We ALL depend on social MEDIA to get through our daily lives. Its no different in the drone world. Expecting DJI to waste time and money on making a video on how to flash new firmware or perhaps how to plug in a USB cable is asinine! If you cant figure something out it isnt DJIs fault... someone else already figured it out. So ask a simple question and you will get a simple answer.

GM doesnt make videos on how to change the oil, start the car, much less open the door. Granted there are problems, but people helping people is the way of the world. We ALL depend on social MEDIA to get through our daily lives. Its no different in the drone world. Expecting DJI to waste time and money on making a video on how to flash new firmware or perhaps how to plug in a USB cable is asinine! If you cant figure something out it isnt DJIs fault... someone else already figured it out. So ask a simple question and you will get a simple answer.
Maybe asinine in your opinion, but not so much or not at all so in others. I for one, appreciate agent orange taking the time to put forth his comments and DJI may just read it and make some improvements because he took the time to make this post since they monitor this forum. :)

Getting to things is quite confusing at times. They do have some instruction videos available, but your correct getting to them is some times a secret. I hope your suggestions get taken for consideration.

Reactions: bobmyers
I don't disagree but consider this... for DJI to make a video it would cost a _lot_ of money. They'd need to pay professional people to make and edit the video. Instead they know that other people will make these videos and it won't cost them anything. If you were operating a business, which would you choose?

DJI _has_ made several videos on operating thee P3. Also, they are active on Google Plus and link to other people's videos as well.

I am not smart enough to start my own Quad copter company, but can see from what others post that there is a definite need for someone, company or website to "Bring it Altogether" for us who lack those abilities. I did build my own 250 Racer from scatch after researching, but still can not make it fly like I think it should. DJI needs to step up and be more proactive instead of reactive.

Steve, We are not talking about cars, but a high tech piece of equipment that not many people understand the workings of. Quads are very new and therefore the knowlegde base is limited in many respects. Before social media, we learned by doing and going to mechanics to learn how. How many Quad Mechanics can you go to in order to fix your Quad? Depending on Social Media is a huge mistake in my own opinion becuase what happens if it all fails and we are stuck in the stone age again, do you really thing Social Media is going to come to the rescue when your *** deep in Alligators and only went there to drain the swamp? My whole CONTENTION is that if you put a high tech product out there, meaning the World Wide Economy, then you should be responsible for supporting that product 100%. Do not take anything for granted, just because you know how to use a USB cable does not mean everyone in the world does. Do you really believe that everyone in Africa, Iran, Iraq, or any third world country knows how USB cables work, your being totally asinine for making such an assumption. Even in China, there are millions who do not have a clue about computers, cell phones or anything dealing with technology. They are still stuck in an Agrarien based lifestyle and will be for years to come, think about North Korea, the normal person has not clue as to what is going on in the outside world.

Reactions: clkilljoy
@tcope,
For your and anyone else's news.
DJI has already put out several instructional P3 videos, for your viewing pleasures...

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
@AgentOrange

You are 100% correct. DJI should sent an agent out to every buyer and hold their hand through every step of the owning process. Its absolutely insane to think that people would put forth their own effort to research and learn prior to making mistakes, and then when mistakes are made take responsibility for them THEMSELVES!! Heaven forbid someone actually take some initiative on their own!! Do you think Gerald Ford held everyone's hand that bought the first Model A and helped them through every step of ownership, maintenance and repair? I get that you are not in the US, but I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. And yes.. there are people out there that buy stuff they don't understand. Who made the decision to buy something that was outside their realm of understanding? Who's fault is it that the purchase ended up a flop? I get what you are saying, but your goal is totally twisted! Its the buyers responsibility to learn, not the companies responsibility to give a person a Degree!

Lookie there... someone went out and did some research!! Thank you Red!!
For those for us that aren't mechanically inclined videos and "How to's " are our staples. I agree with AgentOrange2015. The quad-copter's have a learning curve. Any and all help, pointers and videos are very much appreciated. I have over $5000 invested in two copters and any all help of what ever form it is in appreciated. If you already "know it all" then share it with the rest of us.

In fairness before Colin Guinn left dji he made some pretty good and down to earth videos on the phantom series and it's something that dji are lacking. His videos seemed much more personal compared to the cheesy grinned ones now that they throw out.

The point KillJoy, is that its not DJIs responsibility to educate everyone to the n'th degree. That physically impossible! But its easy if people rely on the community to develop practices and protocols problem solving and basic education. That also affords DJI to appropriate more time and funding into development and progress toward a better product. As for the smartass "know it all" reference.. if you put as much effort into thinking rather than typing you would see what Ive been saying all along... the community IS the know it all! There is never going to be a better source for info than than a mass of people all experiencing the same thing.

On the other hand, if you think of it this way. If DJI put out better and more detailed instruction videos they would not have to have so many techs answering the phone and people cursing them because they have been on hold for 45 minutes. Speaking from experience. I have watched almost every P3 video on YouTube and there is a lot of mis- information by self professed experts. In addition it could keep many folks from crashing their quad because they thought they had all the info needed to fly.. Unfortunately this seems to be the trend with everything today. I just bought new big screen TV and the only instructions were "quick start ". Just like DJI.

Lookie there... someone went out and did some research!! Thank you Red!!
Ty's vids are excellent. Customer service is a skill and takes time to develop as the consumer base expands. I had problems early on and initially was pissed off at DJI but my expectation were out of whack for a company that is expanding as quickly as it is. I realized my issues were my own fault for being overanxious and not willing to spend the time. I don't blame DJI. I blame myself.

See, there ya go... It is a technically, well thought out, bit of machinery.
They put a lot of design and considerable energy into building version 3 in only a couple of short years. The progressing models became much more indepth and digitally enhanced. Just bringing Lightbridge onboard & into the Phantom 3 quads dimensions, must have been a huge challenge in itself. The owner manual's have never explain it all. You must delve deeper. Whether by personal experience, or with videos, or sharing your knowledge and questions within the many forums we all visit, frequently.

Flying an RC model, shouldn't be any different than driving a new car for the first time, or loading a brand new firearm, cocking the gun and firing its first shot. You need to have a better than basic, general understanding, before you turn the key, or unlock the loaded gun's safety latch. Hahaha
Another statistic, another loss of a society member, in good standing...

People shouldn't have to tell you, which page number of the manual, and actual paragraph to read, for some very basic info when you should already have that stuff in your memory banks upstairs. Or save yourself the inevitable embarrassment and do a basic forum search... ;-)

Just before you take off, whip out the manual... Now's the time.

RedHotPoker

See, there ya go... It is a technically, well thought out, bit of machinery.
They put a lot of design and considerable energy into building version 3 in only a couple of short years. The progressing models became much more indepth and digitally enhanced. Just bringing Lightbridge onboard & into the Phantom 3 quads dimensions, must have been a huge challenge in itself. The owner manual's have never explain it all. You must delve deeper. Whether by personal experience, or with videos, or sharing your knowledge and questions within the many forums we all visit, frequently.

Flying an RC model, shouldn't be any different than driving a new car for the first time, or loading a brand new firearm, cocking the gun and firing its first shot. You need to have a better than basic, general understanding, before you turn the key, or unlock the loaded gun's safety latch. Hahaha
Another statistic, another loss of a society member, in good standing...

People shouldn't have to tell you, which page number of the manual, and actual paragraph to read, for some very basic info when you should already have that stuff in your memory banks upstairs. Or save yourself the inevitable embarrassment and do a basic forum search... ;-)

Just before you take off, whip out the manual... Now's the time.

RedHotPoker
Yup. In spades.

In fairness before Colin Guinn left dji he made some pretty good and down to earth videos on the phantom series and it's something that dji are lacking. His videos seemed much more personal compared to the cheesy grinned ones now that they throw out.

It was those videos that Guinn made that helped me a GREAT deal when I got my first drone last year. Shame those videos are nowhere to be found now.

BOT

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl