DJI complete website

This is for all of the "know of alls in here" that want to put people down for asking a question. I'm a new pilot so when I ask a question that you think is stupid just don't bother answering it because I wasn't aiming at you, I will be looking for people that want to help others

I believe Dji would be able to do much better documentation if they wanted to. How many Chinese products do one own with really good documentation? I don't.
If is their right to keep in on the current level as no one can force them to do a better job. A poster before mentioned the cost of producing some professional good videos. Are you kidding? How many birds have they sold so far? I applaud them to be extreemly succesful in becoming a billion dollar company in such short term. Hiring 10 talented people fulltime (preferably from the cultural area of their main markets, not China) for a tech document department would not even make a visible dent in their bottom line. It is a legitime concept to leave it running as is with the minimum effort for the maximum profit As long as there is no big competition it will just continue and we have to rely on ourselves to help each other out.

Instead of 2 unboxing videos (i can figure out how to open up the box and take parts out without damage) a video with emphasis on the Compass mod would have been extreemly useful for us and as well for DJI.....

Btw I truly believe Henry Ford did explain his car to his newcomer clients..... switching over from a horse carriage to a car is not easy and he made the first mass produced consumer car.
I have no beef with DJI for any reason as my P2V+ didn't give me any trouble and I will unbox my new P3P next week when I am coming to the US.

i understand what Dji is doing and also what they are not doing. In their eyes things are okay and in their domestic markets, customers would not have our level of expectations (at least not yet, unless they are wealthy enough to buy non domestic products).

The whole industry is growing and if we can manage to fly responsibly so we are not getting shut down by public opinion and the FAA their is a very good chance that other players will enter the market and not only force developments in the product but also advancements in customer care from documentation over reasonable timeframes to local authorized service centers. If Dewalt can pull this off for some hand tools probably DJI and others will do this for multicopters, especially consumer grade, as well. Altough I think Dji has to be pressured into it by competitors, and will not, for mostly cultural reasons, listen to our recommendations how good service should look like. So we can't really blame them and can only hope the market will mature so these things are getting better.

Reactions: snerd
I believe Dji would be able to do much better documentation if they wanted to. How many Chinese products do one own with really good documentation? I don't.
If is their right to keep in on the current level as no one can force them to do a better job. A poster before mentioned the cost of producing some professional good videos. Are you kidding? How many birds have they sold so far? I applaud them to be extreemly succesful in becoming a billion dollar company in such short term. Hiring 10 talented people fulltime (preferably from the cultural area of their main markets, not China) for a tech document department would not even make a visible dent in their bottom line. It is a legitime concept to leave it running as is with the minimum effort for the maximum profit As long as there is no big competition it will just continue and we have to rely on ourselves to help each other out.

Instead of 2 unboxing videos (i can figure out how to open up the box and take parts out without damage) a video with emphasis on the Compass mod would have been extreemly useful for us and as well for DJI.....

Btw I truly believe Henry Ford did explain his car to his newcomer clients..... switching over from a horse carriage to a car is not easy and he made the first mass produced consumer car.
I have no beef with DJI for any reason as my P2V+ didn't give me any trouble and I will unbox my new P3P next week when I am coming to the US.

i understand what Dji is doing and also what they are not doing. In their eyes things are okay and in their domestic markets, customers would not have our level of expectations (at least not yet, unless they are wealthy enough to buy non domestic products).

The whole industry is growing and if we can manage to fly responsibly so we are not getting shut down by public opinion and the FAA their is a very good chance that other players will enter the market and not only force developments in the product but also advancements in customer care from documentation over reasonable timeframes to local authorized service centers. If Dewalt can pull this off for some hand tools probably DJI and others will do this for multicopters, especially consumer grade, as well. Altough I think Dji has to be pressured into it by competitors, and will not, for mostly cultural reasons, listen to our recommendations how good service should look like. So we can't really blame them and can only hope the market will mature so these things are getting better.

I agree with you for the most part, but to say that (yes HENRY) Ford explained everything to his new car owners is a bit over imaginative! There were how many sold in the first 2 years? Do you really think each of them were hand held through the process by the seller? Or did it very quickly become a process of passing on info from old owner to new owner? And service.. there was no one to service anything. People had to learn and experiment. Eventually it all became common knowledge. We are in that process now.. people helping people.. in a VERY quickly exploding market. The only person we can rely on to help up grow is the guy next door who bought his first.

Reactions: snerd
Someone should start a website like, I don't know, Phantompilots.

Lots of good info here, you have realize you need it and then be willing to go find it.

Enough spoon feeding. A wise man once said, "no, I'm not giving you any of my fish".

@AgentOrange

You are 100% correct. DJI should sent an agent out to every buyer and hold their hand through every step of the owning process. Its absolutely insane to think that people would put forth their own effort to research and learn prior to making mistakes, and then when mistakes are made take responsibility for them THEMSELVES!! Heaven forbid someone actually take some initiative on their own!! Do you think Gerald Ford held everyone's hand that bought the first Model A and helped them through every step of ownership, maintenance and repair? I get that you are not in the US, but I'm sure you know who I'm talking about. And yes.. there are people out there that buy stuff they don't understand. Who made the decision to buy something that was outside their realm of understanding? Who's fault is it that the purchase ended up a flop? I get what you are saying, but your goal is totally twisted! Its the buyers responsibility to learn, not the companies responsibility to give a person a Degree!

"Do you think Gerald Ford held everyone's hand that bought the first Model A and helped them through every step of ownership, maintenance and repair?"

I believe it was Henry Ford, not Gerald Ford. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Moore

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1