Crowdfund hacker to build custom firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Development has waned as DJI has gone quiet on GEO. Apparently they have made a bunch of changes. We will pick this up when GEO drops.

That's not a trivial undertaking at all. It is basically unlocking a bootloader. In fact, at least two bootloaders (P3 and RC and there are other CPUs with separate firmware inside the P3).

Damm.....thanks for sharing....i know a little of the process since my phone has the bootloader unlocked....

I`d love to return to "old" 1.1.9.......

Meanwhile my bird has cracks, so im grounded "again" next weeks...

Keep the good work!

Hi, please add me to the dev team; i have some experience in firmware reversing ,decompiling and so on...

No news on this, long time passed since this started
Which goes to show you how hard it really is. It is certainly do able, but at best it is a cat and mouse game with a big, well financed cat. Again, it's not just unlocking a bootloader - which isn't all that easy anyway.

Also, when the Geo beta went away, people seemed to breath a sigh of relief. Now that it has snuck back in we may see more gnashing of teeth and rending of garments. Perhaps DJI will implement Geo in a less intrusive fashion - they seemed to have dropped things for a while and the most polyannaish view of that is they went back to the drawing board.

It would still be wonderful to open up the P3's innards, but don't hold your breath.

+1, True dat.

By then no one may care as well.

Development has waned as DJI has gone quiet on GEO. Apparently they have made a bunch of changes. We will pick this up when GEO drops.
Isn't that imminent, if not already in place?

No news on this, long time passed since this started
The interest is still there. Hard to say if anyone has even made a serious attempt at jailbreaking the firmware yet. Now there is demand for Phantom 4 firmware modifications as well so the crowdfund pool can only grow. I would like to be able to bypass the max flight altitude nonsense of the Phantom 4 firmware and will also pledge $100 towards a firmware modification solution.

Reactions: Vasekp
Now that DJI has officially implemented the GEO system with flight restrictions, any news from anyone concerning anything on this front?

I assume using litchi will bypass the geo fencing?
No not any longer. A while back the older version of Litchi allowed it. I do have a copy but it's not compatible once you updated to the newer DJIGo.

No not any longer. A while back the older version of Litchi allowed it. I do have a copy but it's not compatible once you updated to the newer DJIGo.
You can still disable GEO in DJI GO before running Litchi.
To do this:
- Load DJI GO and go through the unlock process
- Close DJI GO and load the SDK application to begin normal operation
This will need to be done for each aircraft as well as each geofenced zone, and will persist until the authorization expires

You can still disable GEO in DJI GO before running Litchi.
To do this:
- Load DJI GO and go through the unlock process
- Close DJI GO and load the SDK application to begin normal operation
This will need to be done for each aircraft as well as each geofenced zone, and will persist until the authorization expires
I refuse to update to the newer DJI GO where you have to go through ANY unlock process. Im staying at 1.4. Even at 1.4 You can NOT run the old SDK of Litchi (Which I have) even if you closthat didnt have certain limitations. When DJI redid the SDK, it causes the old versions to crash.
Highflier thought just by running Litchi you could get around limitations and Geo. Best way to stay away from Geo is not to update.

Reactions: fvader and Vasekp
I refuse to update to the newer DJI GO where you have to go through ANY unlock process. Im staying at 1.4. Best way to stay away from Geo is not to update.
I'm with you! The old NFZ's are fine by me! The new GEO will soon be compulsory under the app, even if you can turn it off now and replace it with NFZ's. Having to unlock my take off point every time is an unnecessary annoyance that I don't want, even if it is self authenticating for now. Once you let the camel's nose under the tent, it's all over!

I'm with you! The old NFZ's are fine by me! The new GEO will soon be compulsory under the app, even if you can turn it off now and replace it with NFZ's. Having to unlock my take off point every time is an unnecessary annoyance that I don't want, even if it is self authenticating for now. Once you let the camel's nose under the tent, it's all over!
I agree, still do not see any positive in GEO as I wrote earlier it would annoy the good ones and won't stop the bad ones. Plus in some "hypotetic case" if someone in China switches the button whole world can become red zone or if someone hacks the dji servers.. I know the risk is almost zero but...

Reactions: Apilot101
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna