Crowdfund hacker to build custom firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once the "annoyance" becomes greater than the hassle of hacking the software, someone with the knowledge will take the time to crack it.

I refuse to update to the newer DJI GO where you have to go through ANY unlock process. Im staying at 1.4. Even at 1.4 You can NOT run the old SDK of Litchi (Which I have) even if you closthat didnt have certain limitations. When DJI redid the SDK, it causes the old versions to crash.
Highflier thought just by running Litchi you could get around limitations and Geo. Best way to stay away from Geo is not to update.

I'm also at 1.4 and have no problems with it.
they can claim all the "improvements" they want, but there is nothing wrong with my 1.4 rig.

Once the "annoyance" becomes greater than the hassle of hacking the software, someone with the knowledge will take the time to crack it.

Problem is, by then, everyone has moved on.

The P2 Naza was never cracked. The Naza Lites could be upgraded to Naza [proper] though it's nothing spectacular and now passe.

Problem is, by then, everyone has moved on.

The P2 Naza was never cracked. The Naza Lites could be upgraded to Naza [proper] though it's nothing spectacular and now passe.
Typically I would agree with you, but as long as lightbridge is the best technology for distance, theres not much to move on to. SO either someone will crack this or someone else designs a better quad that has more freedom.

So much time and...nothing.
Im on 1.4 too, but i have terrible drifting...and would love go back to 1.1.9 or 1.3.2.....:(:(

Reactions: Apilot101
So much time and...nothing.
Im on 1.4 too, but i have terrible drifting...and would love go back to 1.1.9 or 1.3.2.....:(:(

If you are on 1.4, you can go back to 1.3.2. In 1.3.2, you would lose waypoints, followme, etc... I'm also on 1.4 and a few months ago went back to 1.3.2. But since that time, I went forward again to 1.4 due to the waypoints, followme features of the 3rd party apps. I have fw 1.3.2 saved so.......

Guys just be careful with V1.5 if anyone is running it, DJI have pretty much wiped it from existence and there will be a very good reason for that, 1.4 and 1.6 seem to be fine.

Just a friendly warning that's all.

Guys just be careful with V1.5 if anyone is running it, DJI have pretty much wiped it from existence and there will be a very good reason for that, 1.4 and 1.6 seem to be fine.

Just a friendly warning that's all.
Do you know what the problem is with version 1.5?

Another thread discussed in depth that 1.5 had a problem dropping from the sky due to inaccurate battery analytics, causing the motor to stop.

The battery shuts down due to mis-reading the voltage as near as I read from going through all the threads. Although higher than calculated, why would an aircraft in flight hit the off switch is beyond me but be careful and load any firmware other than some 1.5.x variant.

I have been reading threw this and am wondering I have a P4, if and where would I have to back up my firmware to get the height limit removed?

I think the Geo Fence gives you more freedom. The old way you can't fly 10' off the ground near an airport, now you can. The Geo Fence is more freedom not less. My opinion. I don't mind checking a few boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The battery shuts down due to mis-reading the voltage as near as I read from going through all the threads. Although higher than calculated, why would an aircraft in flight hit the off switch is beyond me but be careful and load any firmware other than some 1.5.x variant.

1.5 had an issue that shut the battery off... And mine was one that drop to its death. DJI replaced and updated the FW to avoid it.

But it wasn't a voltage thing, it had to do with outside temp and the battery. Something about the cold temp made it think it had a critical voltage drop and it would shut off.

Stay away from that FW regardless. It was riddled with issues.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Mordor
I think the Geo Fence gives you more freedom.
I disagree.
[QUOTE="TheLightSpeedz, post: 883877, member: 56145"The old way you can't fly 10' off the ground near an airport, now you can. [/QUOTE] and that is false.

I could fly over an airport if I chose to without any permissions. I just cant fly over DC right now, but neither can you on Geo unless you go do favors for DJI :)

If you are on 1.4, you can go back to 1.3.2. In 1.3.2, you would lose waypoints, followme, etc... I'm also on 1.4 and a few months ago went back to 1.3.2. But since that time, I went forward again to 1.4 due to the waypoints, followme features of the 3rd party apps. I have fw 1.3.2 saved so.......
Hes not able to once he went up to 1.5. He backed down 1 FW to 1.4. As of now you can only downgrade 1 on the quad. I did figure out a way to downgrade my RC more than 1 but it doesnt benefit till we can revert the bird more than 1 FW..

Hes not able to once he went up to 1.5. He backed down 1 FW to 1.4. As of now you can only downgrade 1 on the quad. I did figure out a way to downgrade my RC more than 1 but it doesnt benefit till we can revert the bird more than 1 FW..
Correct, once you install 1.5, you can only go back to 1.4. I see no issues with 1.4. Been flying with this fw for the last several months with no issues.

Agree. Im stuck on 1.4.
Maybe try 1.5 again, since i live in a moderate climate country....

This sucks!

This thread went unsurprisingly quiet one it was moved to a private area - updates would be nice.

One thought - rather than trying to reverse engineer the software (or in the meantime) how about simply finding a way to wipe the hard/firm/software so we can load whatever version we want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor