Crowdfund hacker to build custom firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There must be other less popular quads with no limits built into them. Anyone have any good recommendations off the top of your head?

This thread went unsurprisingly quiet one it was moved to a private area - updates would be nice.

One thought - rather than trying to reverse engineer the software (or in the meantime) how about simply finding a way to wipe the hard/firm/software so we can load whatever version we want?

there are no updates to be given that i know of. the idea is essentially dead. many moved to the p4, we looked at ways to bypass geo, but with the rate firmware were being released, it made more sense to stay on 1.4 and with them preventing downgrades for the most part, its basically more trouble than it's worth IMO. maybe other folks elsewhere are taking a look at this or have come up with something, but i highly doubt it. my advice is to stick with 1.4 if it's flying good for you, else roll with the latest and greatest and deal with all that comes with that.

Fvader, It might be back, we will see. See the P3 Firmware development
is the firmware dev board locked down? I get "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." when trying to get in there.

Just read this full thread. Very interesting but a shame it's just went dead. Hopefully some updates come soon. The main thing I would like is the ability to change CE to FCC. I don't see the point in this being limited in Europe.

Doesn't the most current GO app have an option that completely disables the NFZ?

Turn it off does not stop the NFZ from working. You just won't see them on your map. At least that is what I have read. I can turn it off in Go version 2.9.1 but I still will get the warning and the motors won't power on if I am in the wrong area.

Doesn't the most current GO app have an option that completely disables the NFZ?
Nope. It only offers the option to turn GEO off. NFZ's all remain, and GEO is still embedded and will cause all sorts of issues, even when turned off! The ability to turn GEO off is also only temporary. It will soon be made permanent.

There is a hardware hack for NFZ. I personally think NFZ are a great idea but it was a matter of time before these were going to pop up.

NFZ removal – CopterSafe – Remove No Fly Zone limitation for Phantom and Inpire
I dont recommend this board. It uses gps spoofing and can cause problems. As per their site......

Attention
Be very careful with NFZ mod activated. It allows you to fly in No Fly Zones in GPS mode and use Go Home functionality but there are some limitations. Avoid mixing false and real coordinates.

• Don’t use Dynamic Home Point
    When NFZ mode is activated Dynamic Home Point uses real coordinates, but your drone is using false coordinates. Never use Dynamic home point with NFZ activated. By default drone will set initial drone coordinates as a home point. It will work fine.
  • Don’t set position remote control position as your home point
    When NFZ mode is activated your remote control position uses real coordinates, but your drone is using false coordinates. Never set position of remote control as a home point. By default drone will set initial drone coordinates as a home point. It will work fine.
  • Don’t use Follow me
    When NFZ mode is activated your remote control position uses real coordinates, but your drone is using false coordinates. Never Activate Follow Me mode because it will mix up real and false coordinates.
  • Don’t fly by pointing coordinates on map
    When NFZ mode is activated your remote control position and map use real coordinates, but your drone is using false coordinates. Never fly by pointing coordinates on map.

Reactions: Digdat0
I dont recommend this board. It uses gps spoofing and can cause problems. As per their site......

Attention
Be very careful with NFZ mod activated. It allows you to fly in No Fly Zones in GPS mode and use Go Home functionality but there are some limitations. Avoid mixing false and real coordinates.

When NFZ mode is activated Dynamic Home Point uses real coordinates, but your drone is using false coordinates. Never use Dynamic home point with NFZ activated. By default drone will set initial drone coordinates as a home point. It will work fine.
    When NFZ mode is activated your remote control position uses real coordinates, but your drone is using false coordinates. Never set position of remote control as a home point. By default drone will set initial drone coordinates as a home point. It will work fine.
  • Don’t use Follow me
    When NFZ mode is activated your remote control position uses real coordinates, but your drone is using false coordinates. Never Activate Follow Me mode because it will mix up real and false coordinates.
    When NFZ mode is activated your remote control position and map use real coordinates, but your drone is using false coordinates. Never fly by pointing coordinates on map.
Where did you find this supplemental information? All I can see is a shopping cart at the link above. The first 3 limitations are easy to comply with. The 4th is a bit obscure. What exactly is flying by pointing coordinates? Do they mean Waypoints instead? If those are the only limitations: Fixed homepoint, and no IOC modes, those are easy to live with, in order to fly safely in areas incorrectly mapped as NFZ's without GEO. Cracking open the shell to install a new board is the biggest hurdle on a P4.

Last edited:

Attention

• Don’t use Follow me

I had no intentions in buying it. I just posted it when I saw someone bought it and posted pictures on a FB group. He flew it into a airport NFZ to test it. What a dingleberry!

Where did you find this supplemental information? All I can see is a shopping cart at the link above. The first 3 limitations are easy to comply with. The 4th is a bit obscure. What exactly is flying by pointing coordinates? Do they mean Waypoints instead? If those are the only limitations: Fixed homepoint, and no IOC modes, those are easy to live with, in order to fly safely in areas incorrectly mapped as NFZ's without GEO. Cracking open the shell to install a new board is the biggest hurdle on a P4.
I pulled that right off their site. it looks like they are shifting moving or modifying the real GPS coordinates, which means RTH and any plotted coordinates could cause a fly away thinking it was going to the real chords.
I had thought of something similar a while ago. I have spoofed my phone location many times laying with the same ideas.

I pulled that right off their site. it looks like they are shifting moving or modifying the real GPS coordinates, which means RTH and any plotted coordinates could cause a fly away thinking it was going to the real chords.
NFZ mod works fine GPS and with RTH. Just don't use Dynamic Home and remote control location.

NFZ mod also helps in case of external GPS spoofing. There are a lot of GPS spoofing stations that send fake NFZ area coordinates to the drone. In that case drone is going down because of NFZ restriction. NFZ mod shifts coordinates, therefore new fake coordinates are not in NFZ zone.

NFZ mod works fine GPS and with RTH. Just don't use Dynamic Home and remote control location.

NFZ mod also helps in case of external GPS spoofing. There are a lot of GPS spoofing stations that send fake NFZ area coordinates to the drone. In that case drone is going down because of NFZ restriction. NFZ mod shifts coordinates, therefore new fake coordinates are not in NFZ zone.
Or, I just roll back to 1.4 and have No NFZ except the NFZ around DC. :rolleyes:

Nope. But, it seems only DJI is attempting to implement no-fly zones. Others manufacturers will likely follow suit.
Not true, I own A yuneec Q500+... Great camera ship! And they too have "no fly" zones built in to the firmware. Can't even start the motors in a NFZ. So not only DJI but Yuneec as well. I've owned this bird for two years and they had the NFZ then.

its there any available partially moded firmware? I see a while back someone had modified one that can go faster up and down.... Speed its something we still can push without braking the law... NFZ are not to bad its a big planet you don't want to be the one that bring a plane down ... While they are inaccurate sometime its to risky for me I have a family to care for ;) ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl