Critical battery auto-landing in bad spot... what is my best play?

Talking about autodrownings and safe flying over water, has anyone found a good float system for the P4P?
Best "float system" is to stay above the surface of the water at all times! :pFloat systems are for insurance recovery of the carcass and recovery of the microSD card, rather than rescue and resuscitation. I would never trust a bird that had been submerged, especially in salt water! :eek:

Well, but there are people who sell floats that prevent submersion in the first place.
Indeed, there are. However, they are limited to attached floatation devices, mostly for specialized applications requiring landing on water or launching from calm water (pool or lake). They severely impact flight performance because they need to raise the aircraft well above a normal landing clearance and alter aerodynamics, so they are not really intended as a safety device when flying normally over water. Any such attachments that work with prior models may also work with the P4P, but may interfere with obstacle avoidance. Most are just tie-wrapped pool noodles attached to skid extensions.

Well unlike most Phantoms this one landed soft enough to not spit the battery out.

It probably sat their and on for a really long time.

Had you just sync'd and updated your app the find my drone function would have saved you lots of time and money.

But hey, each their own. Everyone kept telling you to do it and you wanted nothing to do with it.

Wow, it has been winter here so haven't flown but been updating software,like that find my drone option. Curious as I use litchi, if the worst happens can I shut down litchi and use find my drone?

Wow, it has been winter here so haven't flown but been updating software,like that find my drone option. Curious as I use litchi, if the worst happens can I shut down litchi and use find my drone?
Once that find my drone you can tap red or blue arrow and it gives you coordinates ,,,,

Get yourself a Drone Finder Mini (look it up in YT). Just bought one - £20 delivered to Me in UK from Korea. Works brilliantly. "Every drone should have one"

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT