Critical battery auto-landing in bad spot... what is my best play?

I was able to go into my flight records and get a GPS location for its last seen location.

It shows at 167 feet, but I think that's inaccurate, as I flew up a hill, so 167 feet may have actually been ground level.

Good luck to me. Tomorrow morning I will play jungle explorer and try to find my drone. Hopefully I find i, and hopefully it's not too badly damaged.

If you sync your flights first, then all the flight data will be sent to the dji server. When you install the new app, hit the sync button again and presto, it will come back from the server to your device. The sync button is on the top right hand corner of your flight log screen in the app. Looks like a cloud with a circle around it.

What do you mean by "sync your flights first"?

How do I do that if my flights are already over?

I want to make 100% sure that everything will be retained if I upgrade.

I may try to find it without upgrading tomorrow, given that I believe I've extracted the GPS from the flight records.

I may try to find it without upgrading tomorrow, given that I believe I've extracted the GPS from the flight records.
There's a cloud logo at top of screen,just click on
1493530258244-1962547903.jpg
top rightcloud

I guess here is my final question for now.

Drone reports position back to DJI Go App when it's auto landing, and I now have that position.

The place it landed was full of bushes about 3-4 feet high. So not a clear landing spot, but not anything horrendous like trees or water.

So should this be the landing spot? Is there any chance it tried to land, hit the bushes, and tried to get elsewhere?

And how accurate is the GPS it sent back to the DJI GO App before landing? I would think it's very accurate, right?

Drone reports position back to DJI Go App when it's auto landing, and I now have that position.

The place it landed was full of bushes about 3-4 feet high. So not a clear landing spot, but not anything horrendous like trees or water.

So should this be the landing spot? Is there any chance it tried to land, hit the bushes, and tried to get elsewhere?

And how accurate is the GPS it sent back to the DJI GO App before landing? I would think it's very accurate, right?
Um I think auto land it will come down to ground and shut down,,worst case broken couple blades broken from bush's..GPS is pretty accurate,,best of luck..another thing,,find my drone has got a option to make drone beep to help locate,,don't know how but it does,,if battery still intact

image.jpg

You sync your flights so the most relevant data appears in your flight log. Top right hand icon with the cloud gives you that option, your info is already saved in the app, and any footage during your last flight should appear in the app editor. You can download that footage to your PC through either Google or Apple.

Afraid battery is too dead for Find My Drone to work, which is the reason it landed in the first place!

If only blades are broken and I find it, I will consider it a win.

I'm afraid to update app right now. Don't want to introduce a new point of failure. I might do it as a last resort if drone isn't sitting where I hope it is.

Afraid battery is too dead for Find My Drone to work, which is the reason it landed in the first place!

If only blades are broken and I find it, I will consider it a win.

I'm afraid to update app right now. Don't want to introduce a new point of failure. I might do it as a last resort if drone isn't sitting where I hope it is.
My drone is off at moment but my tablet knows where it is

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but you have a live battery right? Mine was down to a tiny bit and it auto landed for that reason.

Also about 12-15 hours will have passed from its crash to my search for it.

Mate you are typing faster than I can reply....the GPS location at best would be approximate for its last location if it was shielded by bushes. It should be close enough to the last known location and would have stopped wherever it landed. Not likely to have taken off to move somewhere else. Once it goes into auto land and you haven't tried to fly it elsewhere, the game is over.

Yes but you have a live battery right? Mine was down to a tiny bit and it auto landed for that reason.

Not sure about the range for the find my drone function, but I turned mine off and put it at the back of my property and found it within 5 metres of the marked location. No power required except for your phone/tablet having GPS reception for the map to work.

Mate you are typing faster than I can reply....the GPS location at best would be approximate for its last location if it was shielded by bushes. It should be close enough to the last known location and would have stopped wherever it landed. Not likely to have taken off to move somewhere else. Once it goes into auto land and you haven't tried to fly it elsewhere, the game is over.
Well I better drink up on that1493531339106-274228611.jpg cheers

HI again just had battery out of drone to try and it still knows where it is,,,,you'll find it just beat the rain if any about :)

Reactions: tevek
Fortunately I am in Los Angeles where it won't rain again for 5-6 months (not kidding).

So plenty of time there.

The bushes are about 3-4 feet high, but they are thick. I hope the drone is just sitting on top of one of them, or at worst, fell 3-4 feet to the ground. Some of the bushes are like small trees (again, like 3-4 feet), but I have to guess the drone is not too badly damaged. Just have to find it, I think.

Fortunately I am in Los Angeles where it won't rain again for 5-6 months (not kidding).

So plenty of time there.

The bushes are about 3-4 feet high, but they are thick. I hope the drone is just sitting on top of one of them, or at worst, fell 3-4 feet to the ground. Some of the bushes are like small trees (again, like 3-4 feet), but I have to guess the drone is not too badly damaged. Just have to find it, I think.
Wow LA cool,,,yes well might be lucky and have no damage,,put a post up letting us know how you get on,,best of luck:)

So plenty of time there.

As ianzone said, get back to us when you find it. We like happy endings, and not the Thailand type......if not, use the phantom log view link I stuck up earlier. It's straightforward and as I mentioned, some very clever and pretty committed people on this forum that can virtually pinpoint your drone. It's all good.

Just got this from me find my drone,,if you tap on red dot on my map it comes up with this
1493533871595-1939465655.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TimCJWolfe