- Crash into a lake... UPDATE: Found it!... UPDATE: Video

Reaction score
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 2: Gopro waterproof housing intact. Video of crash ---> http://youtu.be/IXJfbjRdOBE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 1: Wow, Fount it!!

Yesterday, flying about 300 feet from shore about 40 feet altitude. It took a sudden but graceful front dive while it quickly tumbled on itself; 3 seconds later it crashed into the lake, little splash, I would give it a 9/10 ;)

Some brainstorming. 5% chance ESC failure one of the front motors, 95% mystery :?:

It is sligtly brackish water that is very murky, bad visibility. Jumped in the lake and spent 45 minutes in the 55 fahrenheit water with 1 foot waves and 4 feet deep looking for it feeling around with my feet (very cold, wish I have a wetsuit.) There is a 50% chance that I can retrieve it since it is not too deep. At this point electronics are most likely ruined (so far 18hrs in water.)

On a positive note, two days ago I had taken off the H3-3D gimbal and fpv stuff (except the Iosdmini), the gopro is in the waterproof housing, so at this poing hoping to get the gopro back. Wish it had a getterback.

Can we start a new forum "Phantom Loss Support Group" :cry:

Re: I crashed it into a lake... so far not found

propgaurds should be good as well.hope ya find it.hey what if a person had a small float with fishing line wrapped around a sugar cube on the phantom.when it hits water the cube melts releasing the float and bingo you get it back.

Sure hate that for ya and know how ya feel ! Hope ya find it and don't give up cause just when ya least expect it BAM.. there it is ;)
Am all for "Phantom Loss Support Group" :D

flybynight said:
propgaurds should be good as well.hope ya find it.hey what if a person had a small float with fishing line wrapped around a sugar cube on the phantom.when it hits water the cube melts releasing the float and bingo you get it back.

or even a GetterBack ?

mendezl said:
Yesterday, flying about 300 feet from shore about 40 feet altitude. It took a sudden but graceful front dive into the lake, little splash, I would give it a 9/10.

Some brainstorming, 90% chance I put it in manual accidentally, 5% chance ESC failure one of the front motors, 5% mystery :?:

It is sligtly brackish water that is very murky, bad visibility. Jumped in the lake and spent 45 minutes in the 55 fahrenheit water with 1 foot waves and 4 feet deep looking for it feeling around with my feet (very cold, wish I have a wetsuit.) There is a 50% chance that I can retrieve it since it is not too deep. At this point electronics are most likely ruined (so far 18hrs in water.)

On a positive note, I had taken off the gimbal and fpv stuff (except the Iosdmini), the gopro is in the waterproof housing, so at this poing hoping to get the gopro back. Wish it had a getterback.

Can we start a new forum "Phantom Loss Support Group" :cry:

So sorry to hear that. I hope you find it soon. I lose sleep about this kind of thing :(

flybynight said:
what if a person had a small float with fishing line wrapped around a sugar cube on the phantom.when it hits water the cube melts releasing the float and bingo you get it back.

That idea is called the Getterback

81fSLrGsNTL._SL1500_.jpg

Works in a similar way.

flybynight said:
Have retrieved a lot of things from lakes by using a weighted treble hook and just dragging the bottom .

crash1sttime said:
flybynight said:
what if a person had a small float with fishing line wrapped around a sugar cube on the phantom.when it hits water the cube melts releasing the float and bingo you get it back.

That idea is called the Getterback

81fSLrGsNTL._SL1500_.jpg

Works in a similar way.
Straps on easy when ya need it and does work very well !

Attachments

• IMG_2465.JPG
    IMG_2465.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,264

Doesnt work when you land on dry land 7000ft away though, hey mate ;)

You can add me to the Phantom Loss Support Group as well. I still have an FC40 somewhere around my house and have yet to find it. Might bundle up and walk around the area again to see if it magically pops up, but it's been missing for about 5-6 months now. Even if it doesn't work at all, it would be still be nice to find it, just to see where it landed. I'd love to see the footage on it as well if it's still there.

Also sorry to hear about your loss, maybe you'll be able to find it soon. You should try dirk's idea, That sounds like a great way to recover it if you know about where it went down.

crash1sttime said:
:cry: Naaa

crash1sttime said:
Well Kinda, If you are not color blind, the yellow should stand out but a tad closer than 7000ft :lol:

Sorry for your misfortune. Hope you find it. The electronics might be toast but hopefully your camera is still intact.

****! Rough week for phantoms. Hope you're able to get it. In only 4' a cast net might be an option.

55 degree water :eek: .

55° water. That's freezing. I wear a full length 5mm in anything below 72°

Back home soaking in hot bathtub warming up. Using a rake with 8 foot pole on bottom dragging it. Searching in a 600feet by 600feet area, might have covered a quarter so far. Using several poles to mark search area.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1424025248056.jpg
    FB_IMG_1424025248056.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 639
  • FB_IMG_1424025239748.jpg
    FB_IMG_1424025239748.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 599

pittsy said:
55° water. That's freezing. I wear a full length 5mm in anything below 72°
When ya looking for something ya love a little cold just ain't there ;)

Re: I crashed it into a lake... UPDATE : FOUND IT!

mendezl said:
Found it!!!

Awesome!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel