Phantom lost in lake for 6 months, recently found with video intact

Great story to read. I have just been flying 3 weeks and also did some fog video's above my mountains yesterday,

I don't have any editing skills just raw footage. Will get into learning editing once I become a competent pilot.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I agree that there may be lost data chains sitting on the card. Also, there should be a flight record on the card [Hidden] Try setting your folder program to see hidden files [organize, Folder and search settings, view tab, hidden files and folders, (check) show hidden files folders and drives]

see if there are any files you can't see. I like to use Xplorer^2 for this because it's an option there even if the folder options are not set. Free version here:
xplorer² lite: free windows explorer replacement (file manager)

cleaning the SD slot may be difficult, get an electro clean spray or video head cleaner spray and spray it clean. follow with compressed air, but be ready to take the camera apart so you can clean the insides. Be careful of the lens the cleaner may fog the coating that's on it. The lens make take a pro to clean...

wow what a story I bet DJI would be very interested to know and possibly reward you, it shows their equipment in a good light for such a long time underwater. Good advertising for them....

The Phantom sank quickly. It was about forty feet away from the canoe and it disappeared as soon as it hit the water. I don't think it floated for a second. It was in four feet of water for two to three months until the lake water receded as the drought continued.

Perhaps I will try to clean it with alcohol and distilled water. (Alcohol for me; distilled water for the Phantom). If the battery leaked while it was under water, then there may be some awful corrosion and it cannot be repaired. I do have a second battery for the phantom 2 that is in good shape.

the camera is completely grimed up. I don't think the motors will work. It will be an item for my drone museum.

Marko

Curious if it was only in 4-5 feet of water and in the summer why you didn't just jump in after it right then? You probably could see the bottom at that point right?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Great story to read. I have just been flying 3 weeks and also did some fog video's above my mountains yesterday,

I don't have any editing skills just raw footage. Will get into learning editing once I become a competent pilot.

Great fog video!

Curious if it was only in 4-5 feet of water and in the summer why you didn't just jump in after it right then? You probably could see the bottom at that point right?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
I went out a week or so later in a boat with a friend and we canvassed the area, but the water was probably too deep and the area was wide. I could see the bottom of the lake. I might have passed right over it and missed it. But the drought occurred in mid summer.

I recently got it to fly and even record video, but the gimbal is our of alignment and the strut of the quadcopter is visible in the image. Otherwise it flies well. the sd card slot is dirty and I had to push the card in a little more to make contact but it recorded!

Marko

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers