- Crash into a lake... UPDATE: Found it!... UPDATE: Video

Re: - Crash into a lake... UPDATE: Found it!... UPDATE: Vide

Can anyone tell me how to counter balance a gopro with a filter fitted on my dji gimbal, the extra weight has unbalanced it, or is this not such a good idea to start with?

coco said:
Can anyone tell me how to counter balance a gopro with a filter fitted on my dji gimbal, the extra weight has unbalanced it, or is this not such a good idea to start with?
Try your question in a new thread with a title that matches. You may get better results that way.

Glad you found it. I am no electrician or do not know much about the electrical components of these quads. Just my untrained guess would be that your wire broke due to vibration or something along that line. You can see from the video that one of the motors quit turning. Was it the left front or rear? I am only guessing one of those ( thinking rear) due to the way it was tumbling. It looks like it was tumbling from right to left.

You have done an amazing job recovering this. One thing which surprises me for single motor failure is how quiet it goes once it starts to roll, sure there is still something revving but it does not sound anything like 3 motors. I would be interested to learn if you work out the fundamental cause of the problem.

I have to ask since I saw another post of yours, had you switched to Manual Mode just before the accident happened?

TuT said:
I have to ask since I saw another post of yours, had you switched to Manual Mode just before the accident happened?
Well on the 14th he did say he had to learn to get his loops tighter and then posted later had crashed into lake but I don't think no way to get em as tight as in that video of crash !
Do hope he post back with good news from DJI on getting it replaced under warranty !

That was my first thought... Crap I accidentally put it in manual mode.

But after recovering the phantom and watching video... No way to do those supper tight and fast flips on purpose (except maybe CSC but it would tumble more random)

I do have a solid theory of what happened, but won't post until a few weeks in case dji monitors this forum.

This is a good start... 30% off a new Phantom.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-24-21-00-21.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-24-21-00-21.png
    278.7 KB · Views: 293
  • Screenshot_2015-02-24-21-00-07.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-24-21-00-07.png
    306.7 KB · Views: 297
  • Screenshot_2015-02-24-20-59-59.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-24-20-59-59.png
    316 KB · Views: 294

mendezl said:
This is a good start... 30% off a new Phantom.

That's at least something and I'm glad for you. Do you think you can ask for more?

I was also asked to fill in RMA form for my case: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35439. I treat my chances slightly better as I have screen recorded from the very beginning with much more details for investigation. I strongly recommend to use screen recorder for all phantom users - there are few options available in terms of software and I do believe it's worth to upgrade the phone if you can't do it with existing...

I would prefer to get full refund for my loss and wait for some time before I can fly Phantom again....

I will purchase a new phantom with the discount from DJI because I still have an H3-3D, FPV gear, extra batteries so I'm vested into the Phantom 2 platform for another year or two. I emailed back that I wanted a deeper discount. We will see where it goes from here.

I have decided to build a 200 - 250mm quad for manual acro flying etc and leave the phantom for smooth easy flying for video and pics only.

But for the next month... Flying the nano QX

Attachments

• 20150220_212000.jpg
    20150220_212000.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 348

with the rotten weather here i'm thinking the nano has to come out and play,
i assume i can bind my nano qx with my phantom 2 V+ v3 controller?????

mendezl said:
But for the next month... Flying the nano QX
That looks like a really big bug. You need a smaller one for in the house. :)

Attachments

• Quad Hand-2.JPG
    Quad Hand-2.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 252

After several emails and a few phone calls... I'm gonna take their offer for 50% off a new one. DJI customer service was actually pretty good.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-03-03-28-46.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-03-03-28-46.png
    275.5 KB · Views: 239

mendezl said:

But after recovering the phantom and watching video... No way to do those supper tight and fast flips on purpose (except maybe CSC but it would tumble more random)

I do have a solid theory of what happened, but won't post until a few weeks in case dji monitors this forum.

Are you in a position to elaborate now ?

Hughie said:
mendezl said:

Are you in a position to elaborate now ?
:lol: Good memory Hugie !!
wait for the box to arrive ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj