Conquer range extender by titan drones works with p4p - review and feedback

I have the exact same setup on my P4 now. The DBS mod is a very good setup for sure.

What's making you make the leap towards the conquer if you already using the dbs range extender? Just curious? Are you not happy with it? Personally it's a bit full on and to have that as a permanent setup is to much for me and I wouldn't like to have to tag the controller around separately just for the sake of a mod, I want it all neat and tidy in my case

What's making you make the leap towards the conquer if you already using the dbs range extender? Just curious? Are you not happy with it? Personally it's a bit full on and to have that as a permanent setup is to much for me and I wouldn't like to have to tag the controller around separately just for the sake of a mod, I want it all neat and tidy in my case
I like the DBS very well and I'm perfectly happy with it's performance but I like the way the Conquer looks and the way it's laid out. I just want to try one out.

Is that 6 miles one way or round trip??
One way, and I only turned around at 6 miles, because the stock P4 battery was at 55%, before my battery mod! Boosted DBS-02 on the Channel Hack rocks! Bar is already set pretty high by DBS-02 for the Conquer on 2.4Ghz.

Very valid point about the conquer not being available lol I didn't even think that it wasn't available at the time, mind you it's not a we'll know product which as I said in an earlier reply which was the reason for starting this post as I thought it's such a great product I wanted to share my experience with others. But point taken and a slight oversight by myself for not considering it apologies kind sir.

I have also like you said heard very positive things about this guys Paul at fpv customs and it love to do it, but the cost would be too much to ship get done and ship back, my biggest problem I have here in Australia is shipping costs kill me, eg that hardback case I showed earlier was $100usd which is an amazing price but still I had to pay something like $70 usd shipping cost, keep in mind the conversation rate too which is like 1 aud = 72 us cents so it's costing me more on conversion then shipping cost add into it, I really wish there was a way I could import things from the usa without having to fork out such a big bill on shipping which is why I have to be very selective on what I do bring over. Here in Australia there is not much being made here that I could buy to save me on shipping, if I want the quality then it comes with a nice shipping cost. That's my biggest concern and main reason why I haven't gone ahead and already done it. Also some people were only report slight increases I think due to the battery balance and output so that's also important to get the ratio right. But you seem to have decent results with added 8 mins others were posting like 2-3 mins I personally would like to get 10+ mins for me to even consider forking out the costs if I could get say a normal 24 mins + with mod 10 mins or even 15 mins an air time of 35-40 mins would be bloody awesome but for me to fork out the expenses I'd really need to be sure of the results. I have heard about how much of a good job this guys does and how neat the mod is done (I love things looking neat and tidy, looking at you conquer [emoji12]) not only from yourself but a few others, which would give me confidence if I was to do a mod to get him to do it, word of mouth is best form of advertising and a happy customer will mean and extra 5 customers especially in the drone and modding game because people are always wanting to know results before making the leap, I wonder what the max time possible is with the best possible batteries and everything I wonder if the 40 min mark has been cracked? But I doubt it
At the time (12 months ago), the best bang for the buck in terms of additional mAh and added weight were the $90 MaxAmp 2800's which weigh in at 245g each, so you are adding essentially 500g of payload to add 5600 mAh to the stock internal 5350 mAh P4 battery. Those getting 3 more minutes were only using dual 1300 mAh batteries that shipped with the original P3P battery mods. Now, if batteries are included, they are 1600 or 1800 mAh each. LiHV batteries help, but are harder to deal with, requiring a more expensive charger and need to be bled below 4.3V or they start to charge the internal battery, causing it to shut off! After 200 flights, my right rear motor arm snapped in two from the stress of the extra weight, leading to a crash and destruction of the aircraft, so the extra flight time from extra weight is not without consequences. A better value for the P4 is to just use a P4P 5870 mAh battery ($10 more retail) instead of the stock P4 5350 mAh, gaining 10% more flight time for no additional weight.

I like the DBS very well and I'm perfectly happy with it's performance but I like the way the Conquer looks and the way it's laid out. I just want to try one out.
Completely agree! Me, too! Can I borrow yours? ;)

If I don't see 10 extra minutes from my setup I'll be very surprised.
What external batteries are you planning on using, and how many minutes are you getting now, without the battery mod, flying as you normally do? Typically, a 50% increase in flight time is the most that is realistic from the externals. However, you can add 10% to that, by using a P4P battery internally in the P4.

You will love it, as I said get the whip antennas or if your gonna make your own that's good, but have something that you can change over too will be very handy, I even wonder if you could just put the dbs mod over the mount if you also wanted to interchange between that

One way, and I only turned around at 6 miles, because the stock P4 battery was at 55%, before my battery mod! Boosted DBS-02 on the Channel Hack rocks! Bar is already set pretty high by DBS-02 for the Conquer on 2.4Ghz.

**** that is high expectations, lol well there was at least 1 guy on another post that already did purchase and received the conquer he liked it and said he was happy but that's all and I haven't heard from him since, maybe someone else who has it can chime in and give feedback and a review? Well if it doesn't outperform in terms of range which I think it will, if not it'll be very close imo, other then possibly the range the conquer in my opinion is better in every single way, it's just a beast., looking at the dbs i can't see 100% but you might even be able to still use it on the conquer mount just get the right adapters maybe even the ones I post below might be able to clip straight onto the controller then screw onto the dbs ? Need to see the connections but if that's the case it just keeps your options so much open that you can chop change fiddle and widdle any time without having to open the controller?

**** man I want to hear others on here who have the conquer to chime in? I'm sick of saying how great it is (but I really do love it), I need backup lol, I love hearing people give their opinions on stuff

This discussion all in all is going great between the 3 of us here very informative and resourceful keep it flowing guys!

Gadgetguy do you think the additional battery weight from the mod will have the same impact on your p3 causing the crash?

Completely agree! Me, too! Can I borrow yours? ;)

The dbs mod doesn't look too messy like some of the others but it looks like a handful and I'd be annoyed that its staying that way no more case for you! Which means bag of gear and controller, might not bother some but I'd prefer to still be able to pack my controller away

Gadgetguy do you think the additional battery weight from the mod will have the same impact on your p3 causing the crash?
The crash from the broken right rear motor arm separation was on the P4 aircraft, and was caused by a stress crack from carrying the extra external battery weight on the aircraft, which broke completely through, leaving the motor and spinning prop hanging loose by their wires! However, the extra weight from mounting the boosters and battery underneath the transmitter, like on the boosted DBS-02, can pull the transmitter apart when hung from a neckstrap, and strip the plastic transmitter screw connections. Hence the need for a transmitter tray to lift it all from underneath, to hold it together.

The crash from the broken right rear motor arm separation was on the P4 aircraft, and was caused by a stress crack from carrying the extra external battery weight on the aircraft, which broke completely through, leaving the motor and spinning prop hanging loose by their wires! However, the extra weight from mounting the boosters and battery underneath the transmitter, like on the boosted DBS-02, can pull the transmitter apart when hung from a neckstrap, and strip the plastic transmitter screw connections. Hence the need for a transmitter tray to lift it all from underneath, to hold it together.

That's definitely a negative side, although the conquer can also be heavy but the magnet on the mount is super strong and you literally have to pull it off

That's definitely a negative side, although the conquer can also be heavy but the magnet on the mount is super strong and you literally have to pull it off
As long as the weight pushes up from underneath the transmtter, like on the FPVLR mod mount with boosters and battery, it will hold the transmitter together, and you just need a decent lanyard or shoulder harness to help support the weight for less strain on your wrists, as I am sure the Conquer weighs as much as the others, and the weight is all hanging off the end, instead of more under the center of gravity, like with the others.

As long as the weight pushes up from underneath the transmtter, like on the FPVLR mod mount with boosters and battery, it will hold the transmitter together, and you just need a decent lanyard or shoulder harness to help support the weight for less strain on your wrists, as I am sure the Conquer weighs as much as the others, and the weight is all hanging off the end, instead of more under the center of gravity, like with the others.

Definitely a neck or shoulder strap would be beneficial, I use a neck lanyard and it does help and with a big screen iPad 9.7 it can add up to a fair bit although I personally use iPad mini 3 but I could imagine if a bigger device unless your - [emoji123] on bail cuz - then it might give you sore arms I have also heard of something called a zero gravity strap? You heard of it? Looks mad but yeah with most range extenders you will need to take into account the weight and find a way that will keep your flying experience positive

Definitely a neck or shoulder strap would be beneficial, I use a neck lanyard and it does help and with a big screen iPad 9.7 it can add up to a fair bit although I personally use iPad mini 3 but I could imagine if a bigger device unless your - [emoji123] on bail cuz - then it might give you sore arms I have also heard of something called a zero gravity strap? You heard of it? Looks mad but yeah with most range extenders you will need to take into account the weight and find a way that will keep your flying experience positive
Zero Gravity Strap is made by the same guys you bought your case from. I own one. What I don't like about it is that it covers the control lights on the RC, so you have to pull the RC away from it to see if your transmitter light is red instead of green, when you think you have lost control. That and the transmitter will slide out the sides, so you can't lean over and expect it to stay in place, while hooking up your external batteries. It always requires a restraining hand. Lastly, it won't work on any of the other modded transmitters because the bottom of the RC is used to secure the antenna boosters and battery, and antenna support system. It would work with the Conquer, but still suffers from the first two issues. You won't need it because you eat your spinach!;)

Zero Gravity Strap is made by the same guys you bought your case from. I own one. What I don't like about it is that it covers the control lights on the RC, so you have to pull the RC away from it to see if your transmitter light is red instead of green, when you think you have lost control. That and the transmitter will slide out the sides, so you can't lean over and expect it to stay in place, while hooking up your external batteries. It always requires a restraining hand. Lastly, it won't work on any of the other modded transmitters because the bottom of the RC is used to secure the antenna boosters and battery, and antenna support system. It would work with the Conquer, but still suffers from the first two issues. You won't need it because you eat your spinach!;)

Haha, I'm glad I mentioned it to you so you could give me the pros and cons, also have you used the hoodman cover for rc? Looks good

Question, if I did the RC mod for the MAXX UAV DBS unit will this system work without any further modification?

Question, if I did the RC mod for the MAXX UAV DBS unit will this system work without any further modification?
No it will not. The Conquer uses a totally different connection system than does the DBS Mod.

Ok guys I just got finished doing a long run for time and the most I could do was 30 minutes. And at that I only had 7% battery left. Stock I get 23 minutes with !0% left. Best I can do with the 2S batteries. Total of 4000mAh extra onboard. And yes I did expect more.:(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peoplelogic