Conquer range extender by titan drones works with p4p - review and feedback

Well just say I wanted to use my own whip antennas would they work on there or do you have to use their antennas?

Is was the car antenna I was referring to and after talking to the guy from the post I found out I could just use those plugs I posted before and attach this straight onto it

the link is below

bfb2e65299f5b4112a3f07e1970ea7de.jpg

AliExpress Mobile - Global Online Shopping for Apparel, Phones, Computers, Electronics, Fashion and more

Which is great as I'm not restricted into only using the conquer or the whips, although I'm very happy with them and I don't really need anything else, i just found it great that I have done this mod and I can if I wanted to fiddle around with other mods and I don't need to open the controller pretty much ever again, and like I said the mount on it sticks out a bit but is roughly the size of the stock controller with antennas folded so it will did in any case or backpack that the stock controller fits into, they really did a great design with the mount, I was also told that any future releases would be able to attach directly to the mount, so really I can still do any mod I wanted to if need be or when they release a new product I can use that or my whips or what ever I need, as I got deeper and deeper in this I was more and more please with my original decision to purchase the conquer, definitely a great product and couldn't be happier I have Zero regrets and best decision and purchase I have made for my p4p,

They do make a clean, self-contained system designed for the 2.4Ghz band, which is optimal for CE power outputs on the P4P outside the U.S.. Once the controller has been modded to accept SMA cables, it can use any external 2.4Ghz antenna. Two questions. The original stock antennas are dual band antennas, with both a 2.4Ghz and a 5.8Ghz antenna inside, and these two antenna leads are separately connected inside the RC. Given that their setup is only designed for 2.4Ghz, what did they do with the 5.8Ghz connections inside? The external antenna whips are likely only 2.4 Ghz, rather than supporting dual band. Can you confirm? So, if you travel to the U.S., you won't be able to use the better stock 5.8Ghz band, unless you buy another P4P remote. For exclusive use in Australia, you are all set! :cool:

They do make a clean, self-contained system designed for the 2.4Ghz band, which is optimal for CE power outputs on the P4P outside the U.S.. Once the controller has been modded to accept SMA cables, it can use any external 2.4Ghz antenna. Two questions. The original stock antennas are dual band antennas, with both a 2.4Ghz and a 5.8Ghz antenna inside, and these two antenna leads are separately connected inside the RC. Given that their setup is only designed for 2.4Ghz, what did they do with the 5.8Ghz connections inside? The external antenna whips are likely only 2.4 Ghz, rather than supporting dual band. Can you confirm? So, if you travel to the U.S., you won't be able to use the better stock 5.8Ghz band, unless you buy another P4P remote. For exclusive use in Australia, you are all set! :cool:

I'll be honest I cannot confirm 100% on the whips on 5.8ghz as I have used them only once and I didn't think to try the 5.8ghz but I will do so soon when I can be bothered to fly lol, I'm just assuming they will because even with the conquer I still have the option to choose 5.8ghz channel but it doesn't give me a good signal from even at 100m range which I'm assuming because it doesn't transmit the signal through the conquer. As far as the internal wiring the cables are 1 cable that connects internally and runs to the antenna which when you replace them your pretty much using what looks to be a cable that is identical, each antenna cable plugs into 1 connection port and then runs to the top of the controller but one for each antenna, I actually have another conquer unit so I'll take a pic of the cable to give you an indication, but my guess is it must be something internal that transmits both signals through the same cable, there is the possibility that maybe some cables can only get 2.4ghz transmitted through it and there could be a special cable that allows both 2.4 and 5.8, but to me they looked identical but I didn't really have a great look into it when performing the mod

My apologies I just looked at the wiring and they are different however if anything the conquer ones look to be more heavy duty but the base plus is the same, see pic attached, that's my original antenna and the cable supplied for the mod with the other side allowing for other adapters to be fitted onto it, hope this helps

8093e5bcf65f5234086f369783a46d51.jpg

My apologies I just looked at the wiring and they are different however if anything the conquer ones look to be more heavy duty but the base plus is the same, see pic attached, that's my original antenna and the cable supplied for the mod with the other side allowing for other adapters to be fitted onto it, hope this helps

8093e5bcf65f5234086f369783a46d51.jpg
When I was considering an antenna mod for the P4P, before discovering the Auto 5.8GHz nirvana, that was always the big question. Would we be limited to only one bandwidth after the mod? Since the app allows you to preselect the bandwidth used, we knew it wouldn't break anything in the software.

In all honesty, the mods are a PIA to deal with, compared to the stock setup, so I am on top of the world, not having to deal with them at all on the P4P, especially when you add battery mods into the equation! I can now fly back to back flights of 10 miles for hours with a simple pitstop every 24 minutes to swap P4P batteries and microSD cards!

The extra weight of the booster battery and amps and the antenna and mounting system meant having to use a remote tray (had to also be carried separately), and the remote, with external antenna attached, had to be carried separately from the aircraft. External batteries require physical attachment and removal to swap, and must be connected after the main battery is turned on, meaning crawling down on the ground, and must also be disconnected before turning the main battery off. Swapping external batteries is a pain, and at $90 each (you need two), are expensive, and require a separate $125 charger. I have been dealing with that for over two years with the P3P and P4. Been there. Done that. Don't need it no more! :cool:

I can now be fully deployed and in the air within 2 minutes max (IMU warmup and GPS lock) and fly all day with 8 P4P batteries, and interim access to a charger! :)

When I was considering an antenna mod for the P4P, before discovering the Auto 5.8GHz nirvana, that was always the big question. Would we be limited to only one bandwidth after the mod? Since the app allows you to preselect the bandwidth used, we knew it wouldn't break anything in the software.

In all honesty, the mods are a PIA to deal with, compared to the stock setup, so I am on top of the world, not having to deal with them at all on the P4P, especially when you add battery mods into the equation! I can now fly back to back flights of 10 miles for hours with a simple pitstop every 24 minutes to swap P4P batteries and microSD cards!

The extra weight of the booster battery and amps and the antenna and mounting system meant having to use a remote tray (had to also be carried separately), and the remote, with external antenna attached, had to be carried separately from the aircraft. External batteries require physical attachment and removal to swap, and must be connected after the main battery is turned on, meaning crawling down on the ground, and must also be disconnected before turning the main battery off. Swapping external batteries is a pain, and at $90 each (you need two), are expensive, and require a separate $125 charger. I have been dealing with that for over two years with the P3P and P4. Been there. Done that. Don't need it no more! :cool:

I can now be fully deployed and in the air within 2 minutes max (IMU warmup and GPS lock) and fly all day with 8 P4P batteries, and interim access to a charger! :)

What can I say? Your getting amazing results with stock so I completely understand your view, but since our discussion on FCC and CE it has become more apparent that it's always gonna fluctuate depending on the regions that people are testing, so it doesn't matter people in the usa will always have the advantage to potentially get longer range. With the limits being the battery, but unless a battery mod was giving me more then an easy 10 mins extra then I wouldn't bother, like you said it could be a high cost low reward mod

**** 8 batteries that's hella sweet to have, on a side not I just ordered a case that I can leave the props on and it can actually take off from the case which I thought was pretty **** sweet, plus this case holds a great amount of stuff and I had a look only a few days ago and it's on sale for 50% off and now only $100 which is great value

Check out the quick vid and tell me what u think, I think it's one of the best I have seen and now that it's half price at $100 I don't think anything can be that sort of value considering it's a hard case can hold 6 or 8 batteries plus all your Normal gear and there is room for more, great value for money I can't wait for it to arrive

I doubt that this setup was even geared for the P4P anyway. This was made well before the P4P ever came out hence only having 2.4ghz option with the P4P.

**** on a side not I just ordered a case that I can leave the props on and it can actually take off from the case which I thought was pretty **** sweet, plus this case holds a great amount of stuff and I had a look only a few days ago and it's on sale for 50% off and now only $100 which is great value

Check out the quick vid and tell me what u think, I think it's one of the best I have seen and now that it's half price at $100 I don't think anything can be that sort of value considering it's a hard case can hold 6 or 8 batteries plus all your Normal gear and there is room for more, great value for money I can't wait for it to arrive

That is pretty frickin' cool! Launch from within the case with props attached! Might have to get one myself! Anything to speed up deployment! Get in. Get out. Leave no footprints behind! If it will work off the trunk of my car without a compass error, that would be perfect.

However, upon closer inspection, the video is very misleading, as the online description of the case says: "Snug fit, yet easy to pull out." That doesn't sound like easy to fly out of. The extra 8 batteries have to be removed from the case to launch from within it, as seen in the video, as they will certainly throw off the compass. Also, the video has been reversed in post from the launch, showing the landing. No way you can land it properly back inside the case. It's also for the P4 from last year. Compatible fit with the P4P bigger camera, needing more clearance room to calibrate the camera at launch, inside the case, is dubious.

Last edited:
I doubt that this setup was even geared for the P4P anyway. This was made well before the P4P ever came out hence only having 2.4ghz option with the P4P.
That's correct. They aren't promoting it for the P4P as it was made for the 2.4Ghz band, but it is technically "compatible" with it, and apparently a good CE option.

You are correct it came around the same time as the p4p but is not specifically designed for it, but it is compatible I asked before I purchased and they said yes it can be used but only with 2.4ghz, I was well aware before I purchased I dare say they will introduce a duel band one shortly, on the site it doesn't say it's for the p4p it list most other models but I enquired and they told me It could be used and I know a few others who also use it on p4p, personally It doesn't bother me and works great as intended, but for others they might not like that fact each to their own

With the limits being the battery, but unless a battery mod was giving me more then an easy 10 mins extra then I wouldn't bother, like you said it could be a high cost low reward mod
Actually, the extra minutes did make it worth it for me, when it was only 3 minutes more. Travel time to and from my destination was 8 minutes, so 16 minutes round trip. Stock, I was getting 18 minutes, leaving 2 minutes for video at the destination. Adding 3 minutes more than doubled my destination flying time, and when I then used even bigger external batteries, I was able to quadruple my destination flying time by adding 6 minutes total. I get that 24 minutes out of the box now, with the P4P extended battery at 30mph.:cool:

Wonder why you don't hear more about this antenna within the drone world??
It's a new consumer friendly version of their $500 suitcase mod (designed for 1st responders and such) for older 2.4Ghz aircraft. They are up and coming! :cool:

I'm still waiting on my replacement adapter so I can let you know exactly how much extra time I am getting with mine. I'm getting 24 minutes now with the stock battery.

Wonder why you don't hear more about this antenna within the drone world??

Honestly, that was the reason of the original post, I wondered how such a great product wasn't advertised more and when I came across I found it hard to find people that had it, I had to dig real deep, as originally it was one person who gave a review then I wanted other opinions and feedback and they started becoming more popular, a few groups on Facebook they became popular but that's mostly where I see and speak to the people who have them, I'm with you on that and personally if I was the owner id be doing a lot more advertising to push these out, but I suppose they sell themselves with everyone giving good feedback

I'm still waiting on my replacement adapter so I can let you know exactly how much extra time I am getting with mine. I'm getting 24 minutes now with the stock battery.
Replacement adapter? Did you have your P4P battery modded?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart