Conquer range extender by titan drones works with p4p - review and feedback

That is pretty frickin' cool! Launch from within the case with props attached! Might have to get one myself! Anything to speed up deployment! Get in. Get out. Leave no footprints behind! If it will work off the trunk of my car without a compass error, that would be perfect.

However, upon closer inspection, the video is very misleading, as the online description of the case says: "Snug fit, yet easy to pull out." That doesn't sound like easy to fly out of. The extra 8 batteries have to be removed from the case to launch from within it, as seen in the video, as they will certainly throw off the compass. Also, the video has been reversed in post from the launch, showing the landing. No way you can land it properly back inside the case. It's also for the P4 from last year. Compatible fit with the P4P bigger camera, needing more clearance room to calibrate the camera at launch, inside the case, is dubious.

Yes you can tell it's reversed on the landing lol I saw it was like no way that's possible, and in the video the aircraft is already powered on, but they do say on the site you can take off from the case and I can't be 100% but it still should be able to be done with the batteries as it sits slightly higher, it does say compatible with the p4p and has quite a fair bit of room for accessories, I had been sitting on it for a while contemplating it as I needed a good case, it just happened to be I looked at it the other day and it was half price selling for $100 which for that price man I didn't think twice considering how much room it has plus a hard case and you can take off from the case if you wanted to, pretty sure u don't need to remove the batteries as they say on the site "the first case to be able to take off from directly"

I'll find the site and link it, it was when u mentioned your 8 batteries it triggered my memory on this because not many cases can hold that amount of batteries, plus I'll be able to fit all my stuff and my conquer in that case also so it will hold everything I own with room for more

It's a new consumer friendly version of their $500 suitcase mod (designed for 1st responders and such) for older 2.4Ghz aircraft. They are up and coming! :cool:

What's your actual opinion on the conquer? I know your happy with the windsurfers but what do you think based on what you have seen, forget what I have said just based on your own opinions and thoughts would this be something you would consider if you were gonna get one or would you go another route?

What's your actual opinion on the conquer? I know your happy with the windsurfers but what do you think based on what you have seen, forget what I have said just based on your own opinions and thoughts would this be something you would consider if you were gonna get one or would you go another route?
If I was in the market for a 2.4GHz antenna mod, I would certainly consider it. I like using the antenna panel to house the boosters, the booster battery, voltage display, and all switches, with only a magnetic attachment and snap on/snap off antenna connectors. They have thought of everything! Very cool. The only question is the range, and if your 7 km is par for the course, it sounds like a great 2.4Ghz unit for CE for the P4P, and the P4 and P3P!

That is pretty frickin' cool! Launch from within the case with props attached! Might have to get one myself! Anything to speed up deployment! Get in. Get out. Leave no footprints behind! If it will work off the trunk of my car without a compass error, that would be perfect.

However, upon closer inspection, the video is very misleading, as the online description of the case says: "Snug fit, yet easy to pull out." That doesn't sound like easy to fly out of. The extra 8 batteries have to be removed from the case to launch from within it, as seen in the video, as they will certainly throw off the compass. Also, the video has been reversed in post from the launch, showing the landing. No way you can land it properly back inside the case. It's also for the P4 from last year. Compatible fit with the P4P bigger camera, needing more clearance room to calibrate the camera at launch, inside the case, is dubious.

This is the exact text on the site, so I'd be very disappointed if I can't take off from it with batteries and all other stuff but I'm sure it can be done,

But honestly for $100 that's a bloody great price for what it offers

What do you guys think?

Here is the text from the site and link to site below

Your drone can take off directly from your backpack as it is stored with props and batteries attached;
Fits DJI Phantom P4 / P4 Pro;
Only 7.95 lb and measures 21" x 20" x 12";
Spacious interior for extra accessories;
Super Heavy Duty Handle, Shoulder Straps and Chest Buckle;

Best Backpack for your DJI Phantom Drones - PhantomPak by Bestem Aerial

Yes you can tell it's reversed on the landing lol I saw it was like no way that's possible, and in the video the aircraft is already powered on, but they do say on the site you can take off from the case and I can't be 100% but it still should be able to be done with the batteries as it sits slightly higher, it does say compatible with the p4p and has quite a fair bit of room for accessories, I had been sitting on it for a while contemplating it as I needed a good case, it just happened to be I looked at it the other day and it was half price selling for $100 which for that price man I didn't think twice considering how much room it has plus a hard case and you can take off from the case if you wanted to, pretty sure u don't need to remove the batteries as they say on the site "the first case to be able to take off from directly"

I'll find the site and link it, it was when u mentioned your 8 batteries it triggered my memory on this because not many cases can hold that amount of batteries, plus I'll be able to fit all my stuff and my conquer in that case also so it will hold everything I own with room for more
It's not the height of the batteries, it's the magnetic interference from all the metal in them that will give a compass error befor lift off. If I even have a battery sitting next to my P4P on the wooden table, while formatting microSD cards, I get a Compass Error. You would need to remove all the spare batteries to launch from within the case, assuming the fit is loose enough to fly out (contradicted by the website description of a tight pull out fit). You can always launch from on top of the case, where the internal batteries might be sufficiently beneath, but even that is questionable with eight batteries inside. Let us know how it works for you.

This is the exact text on the site, so I'd be very disappointed if I can't take off from it with batteries and all other stuff but I'm sure it can be done,

But honestly for $100 that's a bloody great price for what it offers

What do you guys think?

Here is the text from the site and link to site below

Your drone can take off directly from your backpack as it is stored with props and batteries attached;
Fits DJI Phantom P4 / P4 Pro;
Only 7.95 lb and measures 21" x 20" x 12";
Spacious interior for extra accessories;
Super Heavy Duty Handle, Shoulder Straps and Chest Buckle;

Best Backpack for your DJI Phantom Drones - PhantomPak by Bestem Aerial
If you read the description below, in your link,
"Snug fit yet easy to pull out."
That's a contradiction to me....:confused:
It also says "Designed to accommodate all your Inspire stuff!" :eek:
IMG_9581.PNG

They clearly need a better proof reader and copywriter!

If I was in the market for a 2.4GHz antenna mod, I would certainly consider it. I like using the antenna panel to house the boosters, the booster battery, voltage display, and all switches, with only a magnetic attachment and snap on/snap off antenna connectors. They have thought of everything! Very cool. The only question is the range, and if your 7 km is par for the course, it sounds like a great 2.4Ghz unit for CE for the P4P, and the P4 and P3P!

Yes I agree they have considered the lot, I'm glad you have that opinion because you obviously know most of the products and capabilities, but regardless what anyone says I got this unit and I've used it and I couldn't be happier with it. With all the options it offers and everything. I'm curious to hear about others with FCC I have heard reports of reaching 10km and I'm sure I could get that range also, I guess the mods are limited by battery and only someone with a great battery mod would be able to give accurate results, then again there is to many things that can alter the results, wind, location, interference I guess really it's impossible to get a set maximum because there will always be to many things to consider to say that it will get always xxxx as a maximum, anyway for me to be able to go out till battery warning and still have good signal and image then it's definitely working as what I want from it, plus the penetration in clustered areas is always a point to mention as it's a great factor to add, eg penetration through trees and other object where my stock would definitely loose signal that's a big bonus

If you read the description below, in your link,
"Snug fit yet easy to pull out."
That's a contradiction to me....:confused:
It also says "Designed to accommodate all your Inspire stuff!" :eek:
View attachment 80472
They clearly need a better proof reader and copywriter!

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I didn't notice, they do have one similar for the inspire but it's definitely for the p4p your right though their trying to sell a product like get your act together it's like they done a copy paste

That pic shows how it sits higher then the batteries so im sure taking off wouldn't be an issue, you would still need to power it on and take of gimbal guard if u use it, but if it takes off no worries I'd consider leaving the gimbal guard off and just need to power it on take out the controller and good to go

What do you think something you will get or nope? If u want I can give u more detail when it arrives but not sure how long it will take to come to Australia [emoji1037]

It's not the height of the batteries, it's the magnetic interference from all the metal in them that will give a compass error befor lift off. If I even have a battery sitting next to my P4P on the wooden table, while formatting microSD cards, I get a Compass Error. You would need to remove all the spare batteries to launch from within the case, assuming the fit is loose enough to fly out (contradicted by the website description of a tight pull out fit). You can always launch from on top of the case, where the internal batteries might be sufficiently beneath, but even that is questionable with eight batteries inside. Let us know how it works for you.

Ahh I missed this reply, I never had encountered a compass error from batteries but I never had batteries in close quarters like your saying, I will take it into consideration, when I get it I'll take some pics and I'll also do a vid taking off from the case if it doesn't get the compass errors so it can give you an idea, but I'll definitely let you know

When I was considering an antenna mod for the P4P, before discovering the Auto 5.8GHz nirvana, that was always the big question. Would we be limited to only one bandwidth after the mod? Since the app allows you to preselect the bandwidth used, we knew it wouldn't break anything in the software.

In all honesty, the mods are a PIA to deal with, compared to the stock setup, so I am on top of the world, not having to deal with them at all on the P4P, especially when you add battery mods into the equation! I can now fly back to back flights of 10 miles for hours with a simple pitstop every 24 minutes to swap P4P batteries and microSD cards!

The extra weight of the booster battery and amps and the antenna and mounting system meant having to use a remote tray (had to also be carried separately), and the remote, with external antenna attached, had to be carried separately from the aircraft. External batteries require physical attachment and removal to swap, and must be connected after the main battery is turned on, meaning crawling down on the ground, and must also be disconnected before turning the main battery off. Swapping external batteries is a pain, and at $90 each (you need two), are expensive, and require a separate $125 charger. I have been dealing with that for over two years with the P3P and P4. Been there. Done that. Don't need it no more! :cool:

I can now be fully deployed and in the air within 2 minutes max (IMU warmup and GPS lock) and fly all day with 8 P4P batteries, and interim access to a charger! :)

Can you show a pic of your set up

It's a P4 and yes I've got the battery mod.
Great! Put her to the test when you get it, and see what your range is with this bad boy and report back. The benchmark for me is 6 miles with a boosted DBS-02 antenna on the P4, so I am sure it should be comparable, in a very clean setup! :cool:

Can you show a pic of your set up
Here is a pic from Maxxuav.com of the DBS-02 boosted antenna on the P4 controller mounted on a tripod, minus the iPad. I have to use a transmitter tray to hold mine, supported around my shoulders, instead of a tripod. It's very heavy!
IMG_9582.PNG

Here are three pictures showing the P4 battery mod and the mounted batteries from FPVCustoms.com
IMG_0525.JPG

IMG_0527.JPG

IMG_0526.JPG

Here is a pic from Maxxuav.com of the DBS-02 boosted antenna on the P4 controller mounted on a tripod, minus the iPad. I have to use a transmitter tray to hold mine, supported around my shoulders, instead of a tripod. It's very heavy!
View attachment 80476

Here are three pictures showing the P4 battery mod and the mounted batteries from FPVCustoms.com
View attachment 80477
View attachment 80478
View attachment 80479

That battery mod is nice, I actually considered this one and was close to getting it but I couldn't part without my p4p and the postage woulda killed me being from Aus.

As for the range extender I definitely considered the maxxuav, fpvlr and all the other top ones can't think of them of top of my head, but several reasons I didn't and to me the conquer was better in every single way first, I didn't feel like having to carry the controller seperate, can't remove as easy as conquer can't swap to normal or whip antennas conquer looks better and I think performs better, plus conquer offers the penetration and I could think of 5 other reasons to choose the conquer over the others, the only problem I had was finding people who owned the conquer and getting their opinions on them, but when I did, nothing but good news on the product, for me after its was as clear as day and night on what range extender I should purchase and I'm glad I did.

Enough about that more about this battery mod. So your running a duel setup? What kind of increased time u getting? This is my opinion the best battery mod out there I have seen a few reviews and heard a lot of praise about the guy that does them, what's your opinion and review?

That battery mod is nice, I actually considered this one and was close to getting it but I couldn't part without my p4p and the postage woulda killed me being from Aus.

As for the range extender I definitely considered the maxxuav, fpvlr and all the other top ones can't think of them of top of my head, but several reasons I didn't and to me the conquer was better in every single way first, I didn't feel like having to carry the controller seperate, can't remove as easy as conquer can't swap to normal or whip antennas conquer looks better and I think performs better, plus conquer offers the penetration and I could think of 5 other reasons to choose the conquer over the others, the only problem I had was finding people who owned the conquer and getting their opinions on them, but when I did, nothing but good news on the product, for me after its was as clear as day and night on what range extender I should purchase and I'm glad I did.

Enough about that more about this battery mod. So your running a duel setup? What kind of increased time u getting? This is my opinion the best battery mod out there I have seen a few reviews and heard a lot of praise about the guy that does them, what's your opinion and review?
Were the Conquer available a year ago, when I needed a P4 range extender, I likely would have chosen its simplicity over the complexity of all the other alternatives, assuming its performance is the same.

Paul at FPVCustoms.com modded two P4's for me to accept external batteries and did my P3P battery mod to two internal batteries. I have nothing but good things to say about him and his work. Adding two external 2800 mAh MaxAmp batteries to the P4 added about 50% or 8 minutes to the 16 minutes I was getting last year at full speed in P mode. So, 24 minutes total. I get that same 24 minutes now at 30mph with the P4P battery and don't have the hassle of externals. I considered a battery mod for the P4P to increase the flight time to 30 minutes, but have yet to get a P4P that I know won't need a camera replacement to fix the 4K 60fps video glitches. Until a firmware update fixes those, a warranty hardware replacement remains a distinct possibility, which would be a problem, after the battery mod. So my P4P remains "uncut" for now! Latest firmware may have fixed it. Still waiting for the early reports!

20170414_024707.jpg
View attachment 80476

View attachment 80477
View attachment 80478
View attachment 80479
I have the exact same setup on my P4 now. The DBS mod is a very good setup for sure.

Last edited:
Great! Put her to the test when you get it, and see what your range is with this bad boy and report back. The benchmark for me is 6 miles with a boosted DBS-02 antenna on the P4, so I am sure it should be comparable, in a very clean setup! :cool:
Is that 6 miles one way or round trip??

Were the Conquer available a year ago, when I needed a P4 range extender, I likely would have chosen its simplicity over the complexity of all the other alternatives, assuming its performance is the same.

Paul at FPVCustoms.com modded two P4's for me to accept external batteries and did my P3P battery mod to two internal batteries. I have nothing but good things to say about him and his work. Adding two external 2800 mAh MaxAmp batteries to the P4 added about 50% or 8 minutes to the 16 minutes I was getting last year at full speed in P mode. So, 24 minutes total. I get that same 24 minutes now at 30mph with the P4P battery and don't have the hassle of externals. I considered a battery mod for the P4P to increase the flight time to 30 minutes, but have yet to get a P4P that I know won't need a camera replacement to fix the 4K 60fps video glitches. Until a firmware update fixes those, a hardware replacement remains a necessary possibility, which would be a problem after the battery mod. So my P4P remains "uncut" for now! Latest firmware may have fixed it. Still waiting for the early reports!

Very valid point about the conquer not being available lol I didn't even think that it wasn't available at the time, mind you it's not a we'll know product which as I said in an earlier reply which was the reason for starting this post as I thought it's such a great product I wanted to share my experience with others. But point taken and a slight oversight by myself for not considering it apologies kind sir.

I have also like you said heard very positive things about this guys Paul at fpv customs and it love to do it, but the cost would be too much to ship get done and ship back, my biggest problem I have here in Australia is shipping costs kill me, eg that hardback case I showed earlier was $100usd which is an amazing price but still I had to pay something like $70 usd shipping cost, keep in mind the conversation rate too which is like 1 aud = 72 us cents so it's costing me more on conversion then shipping cost add into it, I really wish there was a way I could import things from the usa without having to fork out such a big bill on shipping which is why I have to be very selective on what I do bring over. Here in Australia there is not much being made here that I could buy to save me on shipping, if I want the quality then it comes with a nice shipping cost. That's my biggest concern and main reason why I haven't gone ahead and already done it. Also some people were only report slight increases I think due to the battery balance and output so that's also important to get the ratio right. But you seem to have decent results with added 8 mins others were posting like 2-3 mins I personally would like to get 10+ mins for me to even consider forking out the costs if I could get say a normal 24 mins + with mod 10 mins or even 15 mins an air time of 35-40 mins would be bloody awesome but for me to fork out the expenses I'd really need to be sure of the results. I have heard about how much of a good job this guys does and how neat the mod is done (I love things looking neat and tidy, looking at you conquer [emoji12]) not only from yourself but a few others, which would give me confidence if I was to do a mod to get him to do it, word of mouth is best form of advertising and a happy customer will mean and extra 5 customers especially in the drone and modding game because people are always wanting to know results before making the leap, I wonder what the max time possible is with the best possible batteries and everything I wonder if the 40 min mark has been cracked? But I doubt it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart