Conquer range extender by titan drones works with p4p - review and feedback

Well I too was considering doing the battery mod but I think I'll leave it for now, you can be my beta tested for the battery mod lol

If warranty is voided still dji care refresh would still be available correct? Or if your in the usa I always hear people mentioning State Farm not sure what that is tho
The battery mod is tried and proven from the P4 battery mods. It's only a matter of making sure you have a perfect P4P bird before voiding the warranty with the battery mod. I doubt DJI Refresh would be available after the mod. Even if it is, you still have to pay again to have the mod done, as they do not repair. They only send you a refurb unit. Best to pay for a repair out of your own pocket thereafter, avoiding a refurb. State Farm supposedly offers drone insurance, but only in certain states, and usually in conjunction with an existing home owner's policy. Self insurance is cheapest. Most catastrophic losses will be due to warranty issues, unless you are inexperienced. Prices also drop when the next model is released, so replacement later in the ownership cycle is cheaper, and refurbs are available directly from DJI by then, as are owners selling off the previous model to buy the next latest and greatest.

Test flight completed. Just took it out in sport mode. In my urban area, before I would get some image transmission issues at 400-500meters and rarely ever flew around here. Successfully flew without one warning and full signal strength over 2.5 miles and not one image blip. Lots of obstacles between I and the drone at various points and still went flawlessly. I rushed back and landed with 68% because a storm was due to hit within an hour and I was a little afraid. Incredibly impressed to this point. Huge improvement.

Reactions: On_Bail_Cuz
Test flight completed. Just took it out in sport mode. In my urban area, before I would get some image transmission issues at 400-500meters and rarely ever flew around here. Successfully flew without one warning and full signal strength over 2.5 miles and not one image blip. Lots of obstacles between I and the drone at various points and still went flawlessly. I rushed back and landed with 68% because a storm was due to hit within an hour and I was a little afraid. Incredibly impressed to this point. Huge improvement.

That's great results can you do try and do a max range test over water or open area? I'd like to know what you can achieve using FCC transmission in usa compare to me using CE transmission in Aus, no biggie if you can't just curious that's all

That's great results can you do try and do a max range test over water or open area? I'd like to know what you can achieve using FCC transmission in usa compare to me using CE transmission in Aus, no biggie if you can't just curious that's all
Haha to be honest, I am a wimp with taking it out that far. I'm not as crazy as some and I don't live by the coast lol. Maybe one of the other guys can lol

Glad to hear it! Sounds like they have replicated or exceeded the amped DBS-02 results in a very convenient all in one package! :cool:

Haha to be honest, I am a wimp with taking it out that far. I'm not as crazy as some and I don't live by the coast lol. Maybe one of the other guys can lol

Lol we'll see who's up for the task, I must say I'm still a bit iffy heading out max range I haven't gone to my full potential on this yet but curious to see a post on the results.... any takers out there??

That's a big call coming from you! [emoji851][emoji851][emoji851]
I only questioned it's applicability for most P4P urbanites with good LOS that should already have battery limited range on Auto 5.8Ghz. For penetration, 2.4Ghz is known to be better. That's Cody's situation! :cool:

Reactions: Cody8771
The jury is still out with me. I just have not had enough flight time with the antenna yet to make a call on it verses the DBS Mod.

I am still a little concerned about the weight and although I have lanyard I really don't like using it. Two pounds is considerable but I guess that is the trade off for all in one unit.

I am still a little concerned about the weight and although I have lanyard I really don't like using it. Two pounds is considerable but I guess that is the trade off for all in one unit.
Yes I totally agree with you. Even with a harness it's still too much weight to use all day. Two thumbs down for weight!

That's why I am so excited with the stock P4P Auto 5.8Ghz range of 4+ miles for me in the U.S. with clear LOS.

The transmitter tray was a real pain. Whether you have an all-in-one unit, or cobbled together components mounted together underneath the RC, the amped setup weight is the same: heavy! However, if that's the only way to fly where you need to get to, you learn to live with it. You still don't like it, though! :cool:

That's why I am so excited with the stock P4P Auto 5.8Ghz range of 4+ miles for me in the U.S. with clear LOS.

The transmitter tray was a real pain. Whether you have an all-in-one unit, or cobbled together components mounted together underneath the RC, the amped setup weight is the same: heavy! However, if that's the only way to fly where you need to get to, you learn to live with it. You still don't like it, though! :cool:
Now I like using the amped DB Mod with the underside tray. Not too heavy at all. I even used it without a harness with no problems.

Now I like using the amped DB Mod with the underside tray. Not too heavy at all. I even used it without a harness with no problems.
Yes, that setup is well balanced with a proper center of gravity. The Conquer hangs all the weight off the end of the transmitter. That might require a proper transmitter tray with a shoulder harness, like I have had to use before the P4P.
I use the Tarot Transmitter Tray, TL2876.
Tarot remote control tray TL2876 [TL2876] - ¥258.00 : Tarot-rc.com,Helicopter,Multirotor, Tarot-rc.com,Helicopter,Multirotor
IMG_0494.JPG

IMG_0495.JPG

The shoulder harness is sold separately and clips onto the top of each silver bracket. Not sure if it would work with the Conquer or not.

On_bail_cuz never warned us about the weight of this thing!
All the amped transmitter mods are heavy, which is why people try and get away without amping the replacement antenna, saving the weight of an extra battery, the amps, and the extra cabling for the amps. In many cases, the DBS-02 by itself is sufficient, and it, alone, is very light weight. Amping it gets you more range and long distance video stability, but only by adding the extra weight, which can be added only when needed. A self-contained all-in-one setup precludes the lighter weight option, unless the panel can be opened, to remove the battery and amps, as a lighter temporary alternative.

I can't figure why it is so heavy compared to the amped DB Mod since they both use dual 3 watt amps and a 3000mAh battery but the DB Mod is much lighter in my opinion. Maybe they have a couple of rocks in there??

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockymountaincaptures