Compass off? Radar off?

I wonder if my compass on my drone needs to be recalibrated?
Probably not. The compass on the Phantom only effects flight. The compass on your device is what is displayed on your screen.
I don't think the relation of the exact position of the Phantom in the air is ever going to be exactly what is shown on your device. It is going to have a margin of error.
Mine is rarely exactly spot on.

Then how am I suppose to make sure it's pointed at the drone at long distance when I can't see it[emoji848] my understanding that is very important

I usually use a combination of the map and the compass. That gets it pretty accurate. The farther out you go the wider the spread of your antenna signals.
I'm not saying that the compass is way off. It is close accurate enough to have me facing the same direction of the Phantom. Sometimes the compass will show it straight ahead and it will actually be slightly off to one side.

If I open the map view, it generally shows me pointing in the correct direction, so I honestly cannot buy the "calibrate the compass" solution. The radar show me as being like 180 degrees off sometimes.

p3p plus Nvidia K1. I always have to calibrate my tablet, if I don't then the arrow can be pointing in any direction, tablet 360 flat and 360 upright and then the pointer is accurate. works for me

Last edited:
K1 has a known issue with the compass. Nvidia issued a fix via firmware. But it did not fix some of the tablets.
The K1 has a bunch of magnets in the back cover. Stick the tablet to your refrigerator and you can tell. [emoji5]️ I have read that if you take those out it helps.

1494273623049.jpg

Wow, Nice..

Maytag or Whirlpool?

Rod

K1 has a known issue with the compass. Nvidia issued a fix via firmware. But it did not fix some of the tablets.
The K1 has a bunch of magnets in the back cover. Stick the tablet to your refrigerator and you can tell. [emoji5]️ I have read that if you take those out it helps.

I still say rather than damage the K1 tab trying to open it when it's really not needed, for example I had a couple of flights today the first one when I had everything up and ready to fly I saw the compass on my K1 was about180 degrees out so I just calibrated it (360 flat and 360 upright) right away the compass was correct, so easy to do.
the only update on my K1 was to go from lollypop to marshmallow, no extra update or fixes

I've also read somewhere that many other tablets have magnets inside them.

I still say rather than damage the K1 tab trying to open it when it's really not needed, for example I had a couple of flights today the first one when I had everything up and ready to fly I saw the compass on my K1 was about180 degrees out so I just calibrated it (360 flat and 360 upright) right away the compass was correct, so easy to do.
the only update on my K1 was to go from lollypop to marshmallow, no extra update or fixes

I've also read somewhere that many other tablets have magnets inside them.
True. I doubt the magnets are causing any problems. It was just a theory someone came up with. My K1 works with no issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94