Compass off? Radar off?

S

sandman259

b915eabab303a02ab721219eb914b8e2.jpg
So the drone is right in front of me flying forward and my controller is pointing right at the drone. As you can see the radar appears to be off or maybe I'm reading it wrong. This is only at 500ft so I can imagine when I'm 4,000ft out I'm nowhere near pointing it in the right direction seeing how I was moving the controller to always have the arrow right in front of me according to the radar..

DJI GO on my Nexus 5X and S7 Edge does the same thing.

Does anyone know if this works on Litchi properly with ANdroid?

Isn't this related to the compass being off on your mobile device?

@Beagle1 ,
I see nobody answered your question either.

Rod

Reactions: Oso
b915eabab303a02ab721219eb914b8e2.jpg
So the drone is right in front of me flying forward and my controller is pointing right at the drone. As you can see the radar appears to be off or maybe I'm reading it wrong. This is only at 500ft so I can imagine when I'm 4,000ft out I'm nowhere near pointing it in the right direction seeing how I was moving the controller to always have the arrow right in front of me according to the radar..
Whenever this question comes up, the advice is usually to calibrate the compass on your mobile device. I havent had to do it myself, so I'm only passing along what I've read here on the forum.

Reactions: JoBe and RodPad
Isn't this related to the compass being off on your mobile device?

@Beagle1 ,
I see nobody answered your question either.

Rod
Sorry sir. I didnt see that you had replied while I was typing my reply. Cheers!

Reactions: RodPad
I don't see a way to manually calibrate the compass on a iPad or my iPhone. I think it's suppose to be automatic...

If I open the map view, it generally shows me pointing in the correct direction, so I honestly cannot buy the "calibrate the compass" solution. The radar show me as being like 180 degrees off sometimes.

If I open the map view, it generally shows me pointing in the correct direction, so I honestly cannot buy the "calibrate the compass" solution. The radar show me as being like 180 degrees off sometimes.
Well did you try it. :eek:
Are you using ios also?
Map view? App that comes with ios?

Rod

I've tried it with both my iPad and iPhone and it's off the same on both...

I guess I'll just have to remember where it's at on the radar when it's actually straight a head. That way I can have the controller pointed at the right direction

Reactions: David_Cambridge
I guess I'll just have to remember where it's at on the radar when it's actually straight a head. That way I can have the controller pointed at the right direction
If your device compass is properly calibrated, one other possibility is that your screenshot looks to be about 15° off which just happens to be the magnetic declination in your part of the world.
Does the compass in your device have an option to show magnetic or true?
If so, see what it looks like on the other setting.

Reactions: Oso and RodPad
I don't think it has this option. Its weird that my iPhone and my iPad do the exact same thing.

I don't think it has this option. Its weird that my iPhone and my iPad do the exact same thing.
As far as I know, iOS defaults to MAGNETIC. There is a setting in Settings - Compass to enable the use of TRUE instead. I'm going from memory, so I might have it reversed.

Reactions: Pharm
@sandman259

Has it always been off, or is this something new?
I got burnt out look at ios procedures, I can't try any of them right now anyway and it looks like it verys some per devices and ios.

Rod

You are correct. I just looked on my iPhone and yes by default its using magnetic. My iPad does not have this option. So setting my iPhone to true would make no difference correct? Not that I want to fly with my iPhone anyway...

Not sure if its always been like this or not. First time I've really tested it closer inhere i could see the bird to see if it was correct or not...

This normally happens to mine if I'm near any metal object once I was leaning on my car while flying and it was totally off but as soon as I move from the car it start pointing in the right direction again

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1