Carbon Fiber Props

For the asking price to the extent real CF is employed it will likely be layed up to the external surface only.

A simple test would be to test for flex. If you can bend them relatively easily I wouldn't bother using them in preference to stock props (unless you want the look, which is a reasonable consideration).

My biggest concern would be whether the hub has similar properties to the OEM props which tend to grip the motor threads sufficiently to prevent spin off when installed correctly. The threads need to be able to deform slightly while maintaining integrity. I would be concerned these hubs may crack.
The hub threads could be a concern since that's all that holds the props on when the motors brake, which they do every time you throttle down or slow down.
But who knows, they may be even better than OE.
All we have is anecdotal evidence so far.

For my own experience using the Dji Carbon fiber props with mi P3A, 2 changes:

1) Better response, for the control inputs, I think that this harder props reduce lag when power is applied.

2) Increase horizontal Speed, an average of 8 - 10% at full throttle.

Enviado desde mi SM-G935F mediante Tapatalk

1) Better response, for the control inputs, I think that this harder props reduce lag when power is applied.

How did you reach your conclusion of an 8-10% horizontal speed increase? The flight controller will limit the maximum pitch angle defeating any thrust increase the props may provide. Unless you experienced 17ms+ sustained speed in still conditions this claim has no basis.

I have from the first day, I flew my first drone been very careful to not over tightened the propellers. The same goes having them too loose.
I also start my drone and let it hover for 30 seconds or less, then land my quad and check the props again. I am somewhat over cautious when it comes to flying my Phantom. I can't tell you how many videos I watched before purchasing my first drone and the same goes for my P3P.
I also try to be extra careful whenever I am flying. But, I still consider myself to be a rookie. Now, I could have inadvertently over tightened them to much, but I honestly don't think so. I am also very careful to not stop my drone too fast. I don't want a prop to spin off.
But, at "the end of the day, I still ended up having a a crashed drone after the prop broke. I even have a clip of the video I had from an otherwise great flight.
This is such a great group of "drone heads. Everyone has such great attitudes and are more than willing to help and answer questions.
I sincerely appreciates all the help.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have from the first day, I flew my first drone been very careful to not over tightened the propellers. The same goes having them too loose.
I also start my drone and let it hover for 30 seconds or less, then land my quad and check the props again. I am somewhat over cautious when it comes to flying my Phantom. I can't tell you how many videos I watched before purchasing my first drone and the same goes for my P3P.
I also try to be extra careful whenever I am flying. But, I still consider myself to be a rookie. Now, I could have inadvertently over tightened them to much, but I honestly don't think so. I am also very careful to not stop my drone too fast. I don't want a prop to spin off.
But, at "the end of the day, I still ended up having a a crashed drone after the prop broke. I even have a clip of the video I had from an otherwise great flight.
This is such a great group of "drone heads. Everyone has such great attitudes and are more than willing to help and answer questions.
I sincerely appreciates all the help.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Strike force I do the same finger tight. hover it for about 1 minute. for two reasons make sure I have a good signal wise and parts wise are good. I have not had a prop fly off. I'll watch friends torque the props down and then have to use the wrench to take them off. I've seen it where it seems like the props were super glued on.

Strike force I do the same finger tight. hover it for about 1 minute. for two reasons make sure I have a good signal wise and parts wise are good. I have not had a prop fly off. I'll watch friends torque the props down and then have to use the wrench to take them off. I've seen it where it seems like the props were super glued on.
I also finger tighten them and flip it over to make certain the screws are still in the motors (I do have strong arm reinforcement plates) and there are no anomalies with the shell.
But, I very seldom take my props off. I usually fly from my deck so it's not necessary to remove them for storage. I even bought a hard case where the props can stay on. That's my secret to never cross-threading or wrecking a thread.
Hopes this helps.

For the asking price to the extent real CF is employed it will likely be layed up to the external surface only.

A simple test would be to test for flex. If you can bend them relatively easily I wouldn't bother using them in preference to stock props (unless you want the look, which is a reasonable consideration).

By grasping the hub firmly, OEM props flex about a full inch up and down. Using the same grip, HausBell CF props only flex about 1/4"

My biggest concern would be whether the hub has similar properties to the OEM props which tend to grip the motor threads sufficiently to prevent spin off when installed correctly. The threads need to be able to deform slightly while maintaining integrity. I would be concerned these hubs may crack.

They seem to tighten just about as well as the DJI props. I'll keep and eye on the hubs.

s-l1600.jpg
This is the balancer I've ordered. No bearings to drag, all you need is a level surface.

DJI "cf"-props are quieter than DJI plastic ones, i hate buzzing/whistling/bee sound. DJI "cf" prop contains some cf-"powder" to make them more stiff. Soundwise, not so much difference with OLD motor p3, because the design of old motors makes "whistle" even without any props installed. Best props i've found so far are not DJI brand, not plastic, not cf. Very expensive, but also very quiet with new motor p3p. Also, good for added weight, eg. battery mods. More stiff than DJI cf's and perfectly balanced out of the box.

Xoar beechwood propellers. These are NOT autolocking props and they do weight little more because of the locking nuts but totally worth it.

DJI "cf"-props are quieter than DJI plastic ones, i hate buzzing/whistling/bee sound. DJI "cf" prop contains some cf-"powder" to make them more stiff. Soundwise, not so much difference with OLD motor p3, because the design of old motors makes "whistle" even without any props installed. Best props i've found so far are not DJI brand, not plastic, not cf. Very expensive, but also very quiet with new motor p3p. Also, good for added weight, eg. battery mods. More stiff than DJI cf's and perfectly balanced out of the box.

Xoar beechwood propellers. These are NOT autolocking props and they do weight little more because of the locking nuts but totally worth it.
Digdat0 had set of wooden ones. Pricey but he liked them.

Reactions: rulppa
By grasping the hub firmly, OEM props flex about a full inch up and down. Using the same grip, HausBell CF props only flex about 1/4"

They seem to tighten just about as well as the DJI props. I'll keep and eye on the hubs.
Ok, so these are almost certainly faux CF. I have had cheap RC heli supposed CF side frame plates that flex and crackle with the bend test. The true CF of same dimensions don't flex at all.

To me these props seem analogous to fancy alloy rims on a 4*4 vehicle. Throw them on for the photo shoot but stick the steel rims and muddies back on to go up the trails.

Personally I wouldn't use them,

CF props look good. Their not flexing gives a more rigid characteristic. The drone will be slightly more responsive. For better filming the stock ones are better. And the cf props do have a different sound. more like slicing the air than chopping/slapping it.

How did you reach your conclusion of an 8-10% horizontal speed increase? The flight controller will limit the maximum pitch angle defeating any thrust increase the props may provide. Unless you experienced 17ms+ sustained speed in still conditions this claim has no basis.

Well. The same day I run the same round on same direction (because of the wind) and noticed an average increase of 6km/h. The Best performance of the carbon fiber props is because the hardened construction of the blade with less torsion and in consequence less propulsion lost.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk Pro

Well. The same day I run the same round on same direction (because of the wind) and noticed an average increase of 6km/h. The Best performance of the carbon fiber props is because the hardened construction of the blade with less torsion and in consequence less propulsion lost.

What was your speed with and without the CF props?

With the plastic ones around 55km/h with pikes of 60, and with CF on, 60, and in some cases 70 km/h. The top speed with my CF is 77.8km/h.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl