Carbon Fiber Props

Some people think they look cooler.

FYI, if they are made by a 3rd party, you probably don't want to try them. Stick with OEM DJI props.

UTube has plenty of comparison videos. Some say they provide better, more reactive control, a more stable hover and increase battery life. They do look cool, I haven't tried them yet as I received several sets of OEM as a BDay gift.

If you search you will find this is addressed at least monthly. If you like the look go for it. Just don't expect better performance.

Can someone elaborate on the benefits of carbon fiber reinforced props?
Carbon fiber will increase flight time to 1 hour, allow the Phantom to fly 15 miles and at speeds up to 75mph.

Plus, they look cool and usually shatter rather then nick upon impact.

I think this question gets asked once a week.

Reactions: MX DAD
I found the carbon blades to be a little more responsive. But i dont think the extra cost is worth it. Just fly the stock blades.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Interesting.... How did you perceive the AC to be "more responsive", without any physical connection?
I asked myself the same question. It's probably like putting straight through fibreglass muffiers ion your truck. All that extra noise must mean greater acceleration.

The fact is any additional thrust that might be developed by the CF props will be counteracted by the flight controller, maximum pitch angles (horizontal speed) and ascent/descent rates will be limited to the values set in firmware.

Reactions: Numone and Meta4
I asked myself the same question. It's probably like putting straight through fibreglass muffiers ion your truck. All that extra noise must mean greater acceleration.

The fact is any additional thrust that might be developed by the CF props will be counteracted by the flight controller, maximum pitch angles (horizontal speed) and ascent/descent rates will be limited to the values set in firmware.
Ahhh yes, and they have the "Go Faster Stripes" on the tips too!
Exactly...

My experience --
Don't use CF on a P2 vision Plus -- the P2's have softer stock plastic props which "flex" during flight. This flexing enables softer vertical motion -- it's not as jerky and good for filming. I tried the CF on the P2 and it made the bird "over-reactive" and "jerky". I've kept the stock props on the P2 for this reason.

On the P3 Pro -- the stock props are more stiff like the CF props. The stock are fine. However, I did switch to CF and have kept them for a couple opinionated reasons: Since they don't flex, they provide better stability and more accurate control and response. Plus they are quieter. So, I bet you'll ask -- why not on the P2 but yes on the P3? I can't explain it -- perhaps because the P3 has stronger motors and compensates? Don't exactly know -- but I do like the handling better with the CF props than stock on the P3.

Also, no matter what props you use -- BALANCE them. I've never seen a prop that was perfectly balanced out of the package and balancing does reduce jello and vibration.

Hope this helps

My experience --
Don't use CF on a P2 vision Plus -- the P2's have softer stock plastic props which "flex" during flight. This flexing enables softer vertical motion -- it's not as jerky and good for filming. I tried the CF on the P2 and it made the bird "over-reactive" and "jerky". I've kept the stock props on the P2 for this reason.

On the P3 Pro -- the stock props are more stiff like the CF props. The stock are fine. However, I did switch to CF and have kept them for a couple opinionated reasons: Since they don't flex, they provide better stability and more accurate control and response. Plus they are quieter. So, I bet you'll ask -- why not on the P2 but yes on the P3? I can't explain it -- perhaps because the P3 has stronger motors and compensates? Don't exactly know -- but I do like the handling better with the CF props than stock on the P3.

Also, no matter what props you use -- BALANCE them. I've never seen a prop that was perfectly balanced out of the package and balancing does reduce jello and vibration.

Hope this helps
How do you balance the props?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj