Carbon Fiber Props

With the plastic ones around 55km/h with pikes of 60, and with CF on, 60, and in some cases 70 km/h. The top speed with my CF is 77.8km/h.

987fe9bf2dab37366814725eb1e9245e.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk Pro
Ok... if your flying a phantom 3 the maximum speed is 58km/hr unaided by conditions, anything over that and you are flying with the wind to attain higher ground speed. Assuming the CF props improve thrust the flight controller will still limit the pitch angle, the AC won't fly faster. Run two hover tests with the same battery (charged between flights) in still conditions and compare the mah used vs time. If your notion of greater efficiency has any merit it will be demonstrated with this test.

UTube has plenty of comparison videos. Some say they provide better, more reactive control, a more stable hover and increase battery life. They do look cool, I haven't tried them yet as I received several sets of OEM as a BDay gift.
I have a set on my P4P and they are wonderful...got them from Drone World. just make sure when you use them the first time they are fairly well balanced... see the suggestion above from "GrammatonxXXxCleric above. You can then check this by taking off and touching the landing legs/antennas and feeling for how much vibration is present with your factory nylon props... then install the CF props and do the same checks(static & dynamic)... if you get excessive vibration land immediately and remove the CF's , and ask for your money back..... I would however recommend prop guards for this check, also when flying CF props in close quarters or just to keep from tearing them up incase of contact... they are kind of pricey... and sharp, and chip if you contact something very solid.... as for injury.. oh, Yeah... they cut good...!!!

But, as for the performance enhancement, WOW...!!! they CF props are stiffer and provide much better thrust,lift speed quicker wind response and acceleration, as well... and I've seen about a 1 to 3 min increase in Battery life, depending on how your flying... and the wind conditions, air density... I can't wait to see what would happen with a set of CF Q-Tip props...!

Last edited:
I have a set on my P4P and they are wonderful...got them from Drone World. just make sure when you use them the first time they are fairly well balanced... see the suggestion above from "GrammatonxXXxCleric above. You can then check this by taking off and touching the landing legs/antennas and feeling for how much vibration is present with your factory nylon props... then install the CF props and do the same checks(static & dynamic)... if you get excessive vibration land immediately and remove the CF's , and ask for your money back..... I would however recommend prop guards for this check, also when flying CF props in close quarters or just to keep from tearing them up incase of contact... they are kind of pricey... and sharp, and chip if you contact something very solid.... as for injury.. oh, Yeah... they cut good...!!!

But, as for the performance enhancement, WOW...!!! they CF props are stiffer and provide much better thrust,lift speed quicker wind response and acceleration, as well... and I've seen about a 1 to 3 min increase in Battery life, depending on how your flying... and the wind conditions, air density... I can't wait to see what would happen with a set of CF Q-Tip props...!
What is "quicker wind response"? I thought I was across all the CF prop lexicon but this seems a new addition.

Reactions: Numone
Buy only props made the mfg of the drone. Do not buy 3rd party parts. Believe me, wished I never heard of the idea. I bought a set from Drone World and they have printed on the packing label " Use at your own risk". I have a $1700.00 DJI phantom 4 pro paper weight now. One of the props came apart at the hub at 200 feet today and back on the ground in less than 5 seconds it was over. I really like them the other day but hate I even heard of them now. Keep the parts that DJI or mfg suggest to use, they do this for a reason.

Buy only props made the mfg of the drone. Do not buy 3rd party parts. Believe me, wished I never heard of the idea. I bought a set from Drone World and they have printed on the packing label " Use at your own risk". I have a $1700.00 DJI phantom 4 pro paper weight now. One of the props came apart at the hub at 200 feet today and back on the ground in less than 5 seconds it was over. I really like them the other day but hate I even heard of them now. Keep the parts that DJI or mfg suggest to use, they do this for a reason.
I'm really sorry to hear about the destruction of your AC. If ever there was an example needed why not to purchase aftermarket props, this would be it.

I never understand why people go third party just to save pennies at the risk of losing the thousands spent on a phantom. At least with genuine, if anything goes wrong you have some comeback from the manufacturer as you were using their parts.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: Numone
I never understand why people go third party just to save pennies at the risk of losing the thousands spent on a phantom. At least with genuine, if anything goes wrong you have some comeback from the manufacturer as you were using their parts.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Usually when buying third party propellers or carbon fiber, you are not saving any money, you are actually spending more. For some the carbon props look better or may have a slight advantage over the stock ones. Even DJI has and sells carbon props for all of their models.
I used to love them on the 250 racing quads that I built because they were much more responsive and quieter.
But on the larger camera Quadcopters, there really is not an advantage. Just the cool factor or I want to try something different approach.

Sent from my Pixel XL using PhantomPilots mobile app

Things happen with original props also, those are not anysort of "insurance" - i have almost 59hours of flight, most of them with dji brand "cf's or beechwood props with zero problems, when there is a problem, it has been with the plastic ones, every single time.

Reactions: Fred72933
Having searched and for want of any better thread to add this to, here's another rather (I feel) anti-drone, exaggerated story to add to the existing anti-drone pile of stories... :)

'My fingers were almost cut off by a drone' - BBC News

The only upside for me is that I long departed those UK shores for another land which not forever England....

No drone rules where I live now... ;)

(PS: You can't teach stupid...)

Last edited:
Having searched and for want of any better thread to add this to, here's another rather (I feel) anti-drone, exaggerated story to add to the existing anti-drone pile of stories... :)

'My fingers were almost cut off by a drone' - BBC News

The only upside for me is that I long departed those UK shores for another land which not forever England....

No drone rules where I live now... ;)

(PS: You can't teach stupid...)
As I Texan once said " Your Can't Fix Stupid" And it's so true.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl