Cant get camera tilt to work

dirkclod said:
Have you tried with a different phone ?
Not yet. I have IPhone 6 coming in Tuesday. Ill give it a try.

So I tried everything. Called Amazon and they relayed the message to the seller. Seller said to contact DJI and they told me to send it in for repair. I don't want to wait weeks to wait for DJI repair it. IM gonna tell them I think it's the sellers responsibility to replace it and deal with DJI themselves. Amazon will usually make sure it's swapped out and another one gets to you as quickly as over night.

Sorry to hear that. The online seller should do the return, but I don't know how that would work being ordered thru Amazon. Tell them you don't want another one...you want your cash back...Then order thru Dronefly or UAVDirect etc. That's one way, or send it to DJI and get it back in several weeks, or perhaps they'll exchange it.

Good Luck

The Rookie

I have dealt with Amazon on returns before and it's real easy and the whole process is real smooth

All you have to do is tell them it was defective and you want a replacement they will send you a shipping label(via email) print it out and then ship the bad unit back they will then send you a new unit

It's better then waiting a month at the most to send it to dji for repairs

Amazon put me in touch with the seller which just happened to be a hobby shop. They told me to talk to them first and if I wasnt happy report back. I called them up and the guy I spoke to was very nice. He diagnosed the problem as something within the camera that was not receiving a signal right. He assured me I was not crazy and had not simply missed a step setting the thing up. Sent me a shipping label and said he will send me a new one the same day he recieves mine. I had never dealt with anyone who sells through Amazon. I have returned several things to Amazon where they directly sent me return label. Usually when dealing directly with Amazon they mail your return the moment they see that the label they sent you has been assigned a tracking number. Looks like I will have to wait a couple weeks.

I just read this post and seen this

Thanks for that ,I just thought it got it all from the gimbal cable ! I have had that one to come out just a little and would lose FPV then when checking I would push and hear click as you said and that would fix that issue.

What happened was the white power and wifi cable was not plugged in all the way and what happend was the power on the two contacts on that plug which are 12vdc shorts out in to one of the other two contacts that send wifi data to and from the phantom and the camrea. and it can fry the circuit in either the camera or the phantoms main board.

Which is why you can still connect to the camera fine and see every thing except for stuff the camera needs to get from the phantom such as the battery level and the GPS count. or to tell the phantom to move the gimbal i bet also in the aps setting if you went in the info place under settings it also was not letting you select any settings that the camrea has to send to the phantom such as dynamic home point. return to home height and also when you look to see what soft ware version the phantoms naza and the app are it will just say NA for the naza. Yet the transmitters level or pitch knob will still be able to move the camera and also still be able to see your video feed.

Consider your self lucky you were able to send it back. Other wise that would of involved havering to get a new main board or a new camera and some times even both. The end of the plug has to be all the way and make sure its not catching on the edge of the hole either. and if it ever is not in all the way DON'T touch it will the phantom powered on. or you risk havering it happen again. if its not already fried again. That plug is one thing I would of really liked to of seen dji of done with a flat plug that can short out make contact with any other contact then the right ones if it ever gets pulled out or plugged in while powered Because even in a small crash it can come out some and fry the board camera or both. A new board is about $50-$65 and a replacement camera cost $499

Which is the reason DJI say not to plug/unplug the camera with the power on,

When you are in the Assistant Software make sure you are in the Advanced Tab in Naza Mode then you will see Gimbal and check that it is on...I had the same problem and found that it was turned off for some unknown reason, but it is working now.

Should get my replacement in tomorrow. Wouldnt you know it, its going to rain for the next 4 days.

general01 said:
I have dealt with Amazon on returns before and it's real easy and the whole process is real smooth

All you have to do is tell them it was defective and you want a replacement they will send you a shipping label(via email) print it out and then ship the bad unit back they will then send you a new unit

It's better then waiting a month at the most to send it to dji for repairs
Yea, Amazon is very good about returns. They are known for it. Its a major selling point for them. A friend of mine bought one through Amazon and it fell out of the sky the first day he had it. He called them and they had a new one their the next day AND told him to keep the old one for parts.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl