Can't concentrate flying when children are present

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the late 80's whilst flying my Challenger electric boosted glider, a kid came over and asked if I would crash it for him. I then recalled the late great W.C.Fields opinion when asked if he liked children..."yes, if they're properly prepared". I told the kid to stay right there while I went to see if I had any butter and onions...

Seems that this thread has takien a side rail along the way.
The original post had nothing to do with being friendly to observers. He said the noise made by playing children distract him.
Some people are better at concentration in a noisy environment than others.
I've not flown in a noisy environment, but I am one who cannot concentrate very well with a lot of noise around.
You are absolutely right and this is the original observation that I have when I opened this thread.

I know what you mean. I went to the local city park to fly my P3A, and before I could get two props on, here they came! It's like they were hiding in the trees. After answering all the usual questions, I took the two props off, packed it up, and left.
Wow... I didn't went that far to pack my stuff and left but yeah sometimes I feel like it doing just that.

Please don't be offended, but with the new rules here in Canada, if I was in a public park with kids around I would probably be arrested. Be careful not to give the drone haters more ammunition

Reactions: macoman and Spyderz
Solution to your problem!

I have a very similar vest as well.
dbf087692428eedb89e43b2b5aa0d1b3.jpg

Sadly,, this is not a kid problem, but a pilot priblem. They need to get over themselves. If you can't fly and answer a couple of questions then don't fly there. You need to improve your skills before you fly around people.

This is a new thing and kids, and adults, are going to be curious. I can only imagine your curiosity is what initially got you into it.

I can fly and talk, or if in the middle of a shot, ask them to hold on a minute. If not, then fly when kids aren't are present, as you stated. Or, use one of the advantages of your platform, and launch from a different place. Get a backpack, if you don't already, and hike around the lake to a place that is away fro. The "people area" and fly from there. This platform gives you the advantages of mobility and range (within VLOS rules) so use them.

So all the kids at the park need to be quiet so the grown man can play? Kind of ridiculous dude. Maybe a set of earplugs. You can't avoid the sounds of the world around you!

Reactions: gsreinke and hutch
So all the kids at the park need to be quiet so the grown man can play? Kind of ridiculous dude. Maybe a set of earplugs. You can't avoid the sounds of the world around you!

Did I said that all kids needs to be quiet? Now you and some are taking this thread to a new level of ignorance.

Did I said that all kids needs to be quiet? Now you and some are taking this thread to a new level of ignorance.
I'm afraid that when a thread gets this long, there are users who have not read from the beginning, and assume that the entire thread is based on a few posts that they have read, and pipe in based on that.

Reactions: BigAl07 and macoman
The ignorance is that a grown man should expect any kid to adhere to your standard.
Here we are again... I only opened this thread to just inform that I can't concentrate well flying my bird when children make all kind of noises. I have not said that they should behave another way. I just said that I can't concentrate when there is noises around. I don't just fly for fun, i try to take professional footage and this requires calculation and concentration.

Here we are again... I only opened this thread to just inform that I can't concentrate well flying my bird when children make all kind of noises. I have not said that they should behave another way. I just said that I can't concentrate when there is noises around. I don't just fly for fun, i try to take professional footage and this requires calculation and concentration.
i can understand your POV. I have two grandchildren under the age of 3 and I love them dearly. Noisy, YES, but When I want to concentrate while flying, I choose an appropriate time and place

Again I will ask since I don't believe you have directly answered this question... what kind of professional footage are we talking since you say you only fly at this one park??? What kind of park is it to necessitate flying repeatedly? Sounds like the footage would become rather redundant. I'd probably get bored and sell my bird if I could only keep flying in the same park, and I certainly wouldn't keep posting any footage of the same things over and over again.

Reactions: DonJuanEstevan

No you didn't. I get it and apologize. Jumped the gun. When your trying to line up a shot you don't want distractions.

There are just to many out there that expect the public to treat them like they are 32,000 feet with 100 souls on board. Lol.

Personally I think more of us should take the time to educate inquiring minds on a very misunderstood hobby.

Ok guys I have edited langage and deleted inappropriate
post. I have issued several warnings and do not even
beleave all this.
You guys know the guidelines ,please go by them.
IMG_7804.JPG

I fly for fun, right now. I'm a newbie. And I have a hard time finding good places to fly without people asking questions and coming over to distract me. I'm trying to learn how to fly this thing!

Reactions: macoman
Ok guys I have edited langage and deleted inappropriate
post. I have issued several warnings and do not even
beleave all this.
You guys know the guidelines ,please go by them.
View attachment 81016
@dirkclod, the OP is getting battered and beaten. He can't get up long enough before he gets knocked down again.
Please stop the bleeding and put this one down.[emoji53]

Reactions: Neon Euc
@dirkclod, the OP is getting battered and beaten. He can't get up long enough before he gets knocked down again.
Please stop the bleeding and put this one down.[emoji53]
I agree and think this thread has gone long enough also.
IMG_8764.GIF

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka